UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
How many times is Chael going to be forced to eat his own words by the true stars of the sport? Has anyone told him yet that he did in fact lose to Anderson Silva? More than once at that?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Just watched the last two fights... then they showed the first fight. That fight was good. I thought that guy was gonna tap when he was locked in a body triangle and had a tight choke locked in on him. The fact he survived that was... crazy. That was a good fight.

I saw the KO of Big Country over Kongo. Let's give Nelson a better fight. The dude can trade and bang. He just can't fight too fast. Werdum showed that when he messed him up.

Bisping vs. Belcher was boring. But that eye poke... that was real real unfortunate. Tore that thing up. It just looked nasty. But Bisping dominated that fight as expected.

Then the main event... All Jones, no Sonnen. Jones with a broken big toe. They showed that replay and mannnn... that was freaky. That was nasty. It like rolled over on itself. That was sick. But now I'm very glad that Jones was able to finish it in the first. That fight woulda been called off if the fight didn't end in the first and Sonnen would have been champion and that would have been a huge mess.

Hopefully Jones isn't gone for too long with that break.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
This just pissed me off all over.

Miller looked horrible, didn't care at all for Davis/scrub (although Davis striking looked great, could be a threat at 205 with the all round package he has now), Belcher totally froze on the big stage again and Bis picked him apart, and the main event went exactly as planned.

Only thing I marked for was Kongo folding. HORRIBLE event.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The only thing of merit in that entire card was having Sara McMann on the prelims.

Some fights were good, but when it has no bearing towards being contenders, it left me feeling meh.

there was like 3 people who poked in the eye and didn't anybody else hear someone on the commentary say "EXTREME" or something in low demon voice.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Bisping couldn't smash a 16 year old, let alone Belcher. So overrated and can't finish anyone. The more I watch him, the more I realize why nobody takes him seriously as a top contender.

To be fair Belcher had absolutely nothing for Bisping, he was thoroughly outclassed.

I'd rather watch Bisping decisions than GSP, Schaub or Fitch decisions.

Surprised that Jones finished Sonnen in the first rounbd, I expected Chael to put up a better fight than that seeing as it took Jones 4 rounds to beat broken down no cardio Shogun.