UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
One thing I did notice at the last PPV; which is the first ive got to watch in a few months is that they've started putting rankings next to the fighters name on introductions?

Yeah recently they've started having official UFC rankings, pointless really.

One thing I did notice at the last PPV; which is the first ive got to watch in a few months is that they've started putting rankings next to the fighters name on introductions?

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole

Eh not pointless, they are kind of going off both sherdog and themselves.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Rankings are far too subjective and its just a meaningless number. The guy ranked 100th could still beat the guy ranked 1st.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
The main difference that I'ma see between this fight and the GSP/Diaz fight... is that there is a much better chance of the fight being finished rather than 5 rounds of wrestling.

But the rankings... they are rather subjective. Like its nice to see them but in the end they don't really matter all that much.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Just saw the countdown show, didn't know Pat Healy beat Condit (and Hardy, Daley)

The Phil Davis/Vinny MagagagagLaeaadaSssssss feud built off a spat on Twitter seems really fake and contrived. They should of shown Big Country and Kongo instead of those two bores.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I an completely apathetic towards this card, the mainevent is predictable, and Sonnens promos are gettting repetitive and boring. Jones acts like he is above selling a fight and comes off aloof.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I an completely apathetic towards this card, the mainevent is predictable, and Sonnens promos are gettting repetitive and boring. Jones acts like he is above selling a fight and comes off aloof.

I swear almost 85 percent of your posts are negative these days. Sure the main event is predictable, but this card is going to be fun. Bisping vs Belcher is going to be a really fun fight. Nelson knocking out Kongo will be fun. Also, a really fun opener between Jim Miller and Pat Healy. Not really crazy for Davis vs Magahales, but still this should be a fun card.

That being said, I'll be there and it's my first live UFC event. So I'm a little biased towards the card, just super pumped.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I swear almost 85 percent of your posts are negative these days. Sure the main event is predictable, but this card is going to be fun. Bisping vs Belcher is going to be a really fun fight. Nelson knocking out Kongo will be fun. Also, a really fun opener between Jim Miller and Pat Healy. Not really crazy for Davis vs Magahales, but still this should be a fun card.

That being said, I'll be there and it's my first live UFC event. So I'm a little biased towards the card, just super pumped.

Being biased because you are attending live doesn't mean it is going to get someone like me to see it. I can't get excited for a lameduck mainevent and an undercard full of gatekeepers. There will be no consequences for any wins or losses for pretty much all of these fights. Especially when I already watched a vastly superior card just last week for free.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Being biased because you are attending live doesn't mean it is going to get someone like me to see it. I can't get excited for a lameduck mainevent and an undercard full of gatekeepers. There will be no consequences for any wins or losses for pretty much all of these fights. Especially when I already watched a vastly superior card just last week for free.

I think some matchups are pretty exciting. Sure it's not that crazy but there still some appealing stuff. Believe me, I hate the main event. I'm sick of Sonnen and his overrated ass getting title shots. The main event does suck, but the card in itself is pretty well built to me.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Well you can be excited all you want, I for one can't be for such a throwaway PPV. This is just proof that there are far too many UFC content being thrown out there. It is causing burnout for people like me, and forcing us to pick and choose fight cards. This one I will skip.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
[video=youtube;owuSqAcR5-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owuSqAcR5-A&feature=g-user-u[/video]

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Personally I'm excited for it. Chael will bring the fight to Jones in a way that broken down Shogun, plodding Rampage, scared Rashad and backing away Machida couldn't/didn't.

And hopefully Bisping smashes Belchers face till it's uglier than that Blue tattoo he has...big ask I know.

Personally I'm excited for it. Chael will bring the fight to Jones in a way that broken down Shogun, plodding Rampage, scared Rashad and backing away Machida couldn't/didn't.

And hopefully Bisping smashes Belchers face till it's uglier than that Blue tattoo he has...big ask I know.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I don't get off til 11 tonight so I'ma miss some of this show... but the only fight I'm really interested in is the main event... So I'll be streaming that.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Bisping couldn't smash a 16 year old, let alone Belcher. So overrated and can't finish anyone. The more I watch him, the more I realize why nobody takes him seriously as a top contender.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well the guy can strike. He can move... but he just can't beat the bigger names in the sport. He always seems to come up short when the pressure is really put on him. But against Belcher... I'd give him a chance.

But as far as finishing... I'd give GSP a better chance of finishing someone than Bisping.