TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
What do you guys think about incredibly long backstories for a BTB?

It shows that the person is willing to do work for his BTB, but it isn't really needed, because most backstories are very similar. It's nice to have and all, but I'd rather see someone go from point a to point b on a backstory rather than explaining every detail of how whatever came to be.

CT Styles

Completely off-topic.

Your favorite current BTB?

My current favorite is y2j_legend's WWE: A New Beginning. I love the way it's set out, the way the matches are written and the way it's so easy to read. I am a massive fan.

seX-Power

^ I really like POI, just the fact it is the perfect size for me, and it is something different, and keeps going very consistently. I also like it cause CGK returns all his reviews :shifty:. But yeah, I also enjoy WWE- An Age of Evolution but have faded out of it a bit recently.

Qwake

I don't think we should have awards with the yearbook coming up, what's the point anyways? We would have awards, then a few weeks later have awards for pretty much the same catergories which would have barely changed over the weeks. Assuming there will be awards as apart of the yearbook.

I don't have a current favourite as I haven't really been reading btbs as of late, haven't really found the time too. I will probably start getting back into though, I really need to start writing again since the holidays are now over for me, I've been on the same part with my next PPV for like, a month or so!

Evil Austin

My current favorites are WWE by CT (I was about to review as CT knows but I fucked it up by accidently clicking back before posting.) And when I have a day off and I have time BTW is a good show to read but it takes so long with the sheer size of each show.

Anyway, just like Deisel had stated there are atleast 7 or so BTB's that are active and there are about that many catagories. I think we should do it but should be up to the GM XBA to decide, which by the way hardly comes on here?

The Rated R CMStar

Yes, they have been active...

or have they?

How many shows have been posted on PRIDE in this last 3 months? SWF was abandoned for a nice amount of weeks. BTW has hardly posted 5 shows in that amount of time (and that's stretching the truth).

The rest of BTBs have been the same, just up and down.

What I mean is, I haven's seen a decent amount of active, constant posting BTBs to start an award ceremony.

*waits for TBKB to pop up and flame Ninja Star

Evil Austin

Yeah it probably shouldn't take long.

But onto my point, I was just trying to explain that For example- HEW, Commencement and XBA's Raw, (if that's still going), Magnus's XCW, Spiralshock's CTW, Lennie's BTB and Pride all have good shows but they are not consistant with one show a week and were always like that. And 4 months ago back when we had our last awards it didn't stop us doing it then?

I am pretty much saying that yes there are BTB's that are active and yes there are BTB's that post shows but don't do it not on a consistant weekly basis, but it has always been like that even back in November for the last awards and it didn't stop us from doing it back then.

The Rated R CMStar

HEW, Commencement and XBA's Raw, (if that's still going), Magnus's XCW, Spiralshock's CTW, Lennie's BTB and Pride

Most of HEW's shows have been quick recaps, RAW hasn't posted show in almost 5 months, same goes for Magnus, Spiral just posted one show...the first one in almost 2 months. And seriously, The Commencement? That BTB hasn't been active in quite a while.

I thought you had better examples than this.

And while yeah, that didn't stop us in November, shows were far more constant.

If you want to do the awards, go ahead, but I think it would be an award to mediocreness.

Evil Austin

I guess you have a point, I won't be starting the awards I don't think I am allowed to. But yeah I just stated my reasons with stuff like all the non activeness' in the section never stopped us before from having awards and half of the BTB's that posted a show a month were the ones that won awards.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Hopefully now I'll be able to get back into a rhythm. At least I hope to get episode 13 of Aftershock up tomorrow. I have the booking sheet planned out for the next two months. Next week might be different since I start shift manager training (yeah they made me one after all) so my work schedule will likely be different. Plus I don't see the point of having an awards ceremony so close to the yearbook (whenever the hell that gets done).

The Rated R CMStar

One thing.

Has anyone even confirmed an award ceremony for the Yearbook? I know for a fact that TBKB didn't assign it to anybody and didn't even mention it.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
My birthday is tomorrow (16, Bitches.), which means there's going to be a PRIDE show coming soon. I might not be posting shows every week, but I like spacing things out, nothing really seems too rushed anymore.

I think that there should be some acknowledgment of the best stuff from the past couple of months. We can just do it on our own opinion, and not vote. Just mentioning what was good/bad/awesome in this thread wouldn't hurt at all.

Qwake

Yeah it probably shouldn't take long.

But onto my point, I was just trying to explain that For example- HEW, Commencement and XBA's Raw, (if that's still going), Magnus's XCW, Spiralshock's CTW, Lennie's BTB and Pride all have good shows but they are not consistant with one show a week and were always like that. And 4 months ago back when we had our last awards it didn't stop us doing it then?

I am pretty much saying that yes there are BTB's that are active and yes there are BTB's that post shows but don't do it not on a consistant weekly basis, but it has always been like that even back in November for the last awards and it didn't stop us from doing it back then.

I was consistent for about 2 months, the only reason why I haven't been posting shows now if because I had holidays which just ended which probably means I will begin posting again. Get your facts right before saying anything.

If there are going to be awards someone could put up the thread in March sometime then make nominations and everything and then as apart of the Yearbook BKB or someone could put stuff together and say who the winner of each catergory is. Maybe have people voted in for each catergory then PM the final votes to whoever wants to run it and then BKB could do it on the yearbook which would mean nobody would know whos winning what. I dunno, just an idea.

But the section really hasn't been to active so having awards followed by awards in the yearbook is crazy, one should be enough if you must have them.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Are you kidding me HFH? Tomorrow is also my birthday

yeah, Feb. 10 1993. That's pretty weird for both of us with the same b-day.

Which means the rest of the section should show love.
-
But the awards already have more in depth stuff with best match/promo/feud/etc if I'm thinking correctly. So a normal awards for right now would be OK, and could get people posting here again.