TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Yeah, I do know a lot of that stuff about the British scene, because I read PowerSlam, and FSM. I think England just needs to have someone take a risk, much like 1PW did, but promote British talent more, rather thsan have the Americans go over. Have people like Andy Boy Simmonz, Pac, Jody Fleish, Johnny Storm, Sam Slam and so on really get mixed in with the American wrestlers. Then when people get familiar with them, cut back on the Americans more and feature the British talent.

Anyway, that's what I would try to do. Maybe someone like Alex Shane is reading this, and will take the risk :laugh:

1chiban

Reaction score
Alex was something to do with ROH last time I heard about him - wa sinvolved in organising their last Uk tour. Don't know if they're doing another anytime soon.

1PW has done what you suggested, but the trouble is they went bust once and came back - i can only assume with little money because it definitely is made up of mostly UK talen now, but they don't exactly attract large audiences. TV is the killer for any wrestling promotion really.

That's what the Wrestling Channel was for originally, but it's failed really unfortunately.

Alex was also involved in the recent TNA tour.

I think 1PW needed to look to the future more, both in terms of finances, and their talen. UK guys never really beat the US guys.

Back to the questions now :D

McLovin

Reaction score
The BTB Magazine will be posted before the end of the month hopefully.

Sure HBK, I'll open up a new sign up Thread after the next BTB magazine, and you can choose the idea. Think imaginative.

2 DAYS PEOPLE!

JHar888

Reaction score
Have you read any of my previous BTB work? If so, what did you think of it?

Are you a TNA guy, or are you "more into Raw because it has John Cena!"?

How are you doing ATM?

JHarr888 said:
Have you read any of my previous BTB work? If so, what did you think of it?
Tbh, I have never seen it. It makes me want to read whatever you come up with for a new BTB.

JHarr888 said:
Are you a TNA guy, or are you "more into Raw because it has John Cena!"?
Neither. I like both, and just watch both. I don't mind John Cena, but I'm noit part of the 'Chain Gang'.

JHarr888 said:
How are you doing ATM?
I've felt better, but meh, thanks for asking lol.

JHar888

Reaction score
Tbh, I have never seen it. It makes me want to read whatever you come up with for a new BTB.

Thanks.

Neither. I like both, and just watch both. I don't mind John Cena, but I'm noit part of the 'Chain Gang'.

Lol, thank the Lord.

I've felt better, but meh, thanks for asking lol.

That's good I guess.

Do you think having an Elimination Chamber, Ultimate-X, and Tag Team Gauntlet, on my up-coming BTB's first show is a good idea? I'm wondering if that seems too gimmicky lol.

JHarr888 said:
Do you think having an Elimination Chamber, Ultimate-X, and Tag Team Gauntlet, on my up-coming BTB's first show is a good idea? I'm wondering if that seems too gimmicky lol.
Well, I think since it is the first PPV, it is acceptable to be a bit gimmicky, but I wouldn't have that amount of gimmick matches at a PPV again.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
BKB, How are you?

What is your overall opinion on my BTB, POI Wrestling?

What is your favorite wrestler to write a match for?

comicgeekelly said:
BKB, How are you?
Alright, been better.

comicgeekelly said:
What is your overall opinion on my BTB, POI Wrestling?
I like the fact that you have indy wrestlers in there, and people like KENTA, because that is a rarity in BTB's that suceed. Seen as how you have about 40 weeks of work done already on your website, it shows that you are dedictaed, and that you will tyr hard to succeed.

comicgeekelly said:
What is your favorite wrestler to write a match for?
RVD is one, because he has a lot of moves in his moveset, so you can really improvise with him. Edge is another, because he has moves he can hit from all situations.

nate757 said:
what do you think of EWA...

three shows have been posted
Tbh, I haven't read it. Probably should when I get some spare time.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I like the fact that you have indy wrestlers in there, and people like KENTA, because that is a rarity in BTB's that suceed.

I'm trying to succeed with PRIDE, but unlike CGK, I'm not using KENTA, not just yet.

OK, so who do you think is the better wrestler?
Shawn Michaels or AJ Styles?

And how did you not get "motivation" from booking EGO with not as big stars, that's an answer I haven't seen yet.

Headfirst For Hardcore said:
OK, so who do you think is the better wrestler?
Shawn Michaels or AJ Styles?
At this point in time, I would definitely go with AJ.

Headfirst For Hardcore said:
And how did you not get "motivation" from booking EGO with not as big stars, that's an answer I haven't seen yet.
I just found it a pain to write. Most of the wrestlers on my roster were pretty damn generic, so it was extremely hard to write a promo. I didn't really like doing a lot of the matches, because I didn't know people's movesets properly, with the exception of people like RVD and Morriosn. So I really found myself stuck, not really knowing any good spots or sequences I could put together for a match, and having to constantly look up moves people did. It became tiresome, because when I was writing then, it wasn't flowing, I couldn't think of things quickly. Instead it took me forever to write a match that I didn't give a damn about, and that would not really mean anything at all in the long run of the BTB. So obviously, I did not want to continue doing that.

BTW, I have read up to the death match of part one of Uprising, and the Lightweight Championship match is one of the best matches I think I have seen :y:

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Here's how I write or wrote my matches...

When I first started, for most of the singles matches I'd watch a match and copy it almost move for move. You can see this on my first show with -
CM Punk vs MVP - from Chris Benoit vs Eddie Guerrero - NJPW 1994 Super J Cup
Burchill vs Samoa Joe - from Joe vs Homicide - ROH FYF Finale
And for the 6 Man tag on that show, I used so many Dragon Gate moves it was ridiculous.

But recently, I've been able to do matches independently, because I've seen most of the moves already. I can picture the match running through my head, and I just go from there. It's really simple now, if I start, I don't take that many breaks in between writing a match. I really don't try to make long matches, they just fill up the thought I'm thinking of the match.