Triple H Wants More Tag Teams

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
:hhh2:- As previously reported, WWE and Triple H in particular are starting to focus heavily on their tag-team division. Triple H has reportedly been pushing the idea to have more tag-teams on the main roster as a way to bring up developmental talents who might not have otherwise gotten the call. In fact, WWE is talking about doing a three-day tryout camp next years exclusively for tag-teams.

[Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter]

We can see a renewed focus sure, but I think they need to use TLC to help some teams get noticed the way the 3 glory teams of the attitude era did.

Makes me wonder if they would explore a tag show on their network since its never been done in the mainstream

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Do not need a whole show just based on tag team matches. The way they are doing it now is great and just a matter of keeping it going and keep moving forward. I'll somewhat second your notion about TLC with tag team. Just using more gimmick matches period with tag teams period would be a good idea as they can always turn out to be fun matches with the right teams. But yeah pretty pleased so far how they've been handling the division.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I swear I've seen this headline like 8 times in the past three years.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Wasn't the last gimmick tag match when the Hardys reunited and fucked Mercury up?
When's the last tag turmoil to take place on ppv?
What about a cage match for the first time since the wwf and WCW titles were unified?

They handcuff them. No team in that division has shown how much they want them

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I don't doubt this report at all, especially with the way Xavier was just brought up to the roster and paired with R-Truth immediately which I thought was wrong and would have been a far better fit alongside Kofi. Don't wanna hear all that nonsense about how they were paired together because of that TNA rubbish either.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Xavier and Kofi would have been gold. I really do hope they continue to focus on the tag teams. Always been a tag team kid of guy.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Quality > Quantity. I would rather see WWE build up another 3 good tag teams with a solid background rather than form 6 tag teams with random Superstars. That being said I have hopes that they plan on doing something with Xavier Woods and R-Truth, an not make them a random team like Truth/Kingston.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I know that's been said for a long time now but I think we are actually starting to see a solid tag team division forming. I mean, how many tag teams did Raw end with on Monday, seven? And they're all pretty over as well.

It's good to see them focus on it a bit more. I just hope that they stick with it now, because it creates a very nice balance when it comes to PPVs and even weekly shows.

CliqueClacks

Reaction score
I'll just leave this here...

tumblr_mwn2a3F7Lx1si9kpgo1_500.jpg

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Truth be told, they can shove what Triple H wants up their ass until they actually get booking who can push some damn sensible matches on us. The best thing about Goldust/Rhodes vs. Shield was the build. They made you actually want to see The Shield get their ass beat... and they gave it to us.

Waiting on them to actually push the Usos, who may be the most over talents on the roster outside of the main event guys.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Truth is better than Kofi as a partner for Xavier. He can get the crowd behind them by talking unlike Kofi. And unlike Kofi he's not been a jobber waiting to happen every week. If I'm pairing Kofi up its with Sin Cara or Bourne or Gabriel, where they both just around a fucking lot

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
lolwhat, R-Truth aint a jobber? Pretty sure he was off of TV for months before randomly showing up out of nowhere to job to Curtis friggin' Axel. Also, Kofi is still solidly over after years of yo-yo booking, zero mic time and fully reliant on ring work so your point of Truth being over on the mic is kind of irrelevant.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
What are you talking about Truth has been a jobber himself and the whole get the crowd behind him by talking is solely based on his "whats up" deal. Outside of that he doesn't get anymore of a reaction from the crowd than Kofi does.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Truth can cut a promo if he feels like it, hell he got a fn imaginary friend over. And of the two, Truths at least been more relevant. He's at least in recent months beat Axle, Sandow, and Ryback. Its better for Xavier's career to be attached to truth because of familiarity, personality, and Truth is out right better at getting them over be it by rapping or talking crazy

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Kofi's better suited to team with Xavier than Truth is. Kofi comes out every single night to the biggest joke of the last 5 years in wrestling. They've shoved the Jamaica gimmick down his throat on national TV, and kept him with that god-awful entrance music... fans die down every time that song hits... yet by the end of every match, Kofi's in-ring work gets the crowd fired back up. Booking has been extremely cruel to him though, and is the only reason I don't believe he should be stuck with a kid who is trying to make a name for himself unless WWE can prove they're willing to push those guys.

Now having said that about Kofi, Truth is every bit as ruined by booking IMO, as well as his rape-ish dancing. And I'm a little done with all the "tag partners have to look alike to make it." Throw Xavier with a guy like Tyson Kidd... just don't throw their team all over Total Divas. Those two could be money together, because they're both agile yet aggressive.