Triple H Not Happy With The Current State of NXT - NXT SA Media Call

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

El Curry

Kids See Ghosts
Reaction score
As noted, Triple H conducted an NXT Takeover San Antonio media call today, and during the call Triple H addressed the current state of NXT and the impact the WWE brand split had on NXT and its roster. On the current state of NXT, Triple H offered the following comment:

“I’m not happy with where it is right now by far. I want it to be much better than it is, but it’s a rebuilding process. All these things going on, they all make changes in the ecosystem. Where everything lands at the end of the day is a moving target.”

Triple H went on to identify what makes NXT unique is that it just exists as a WWE Network property, and he hopes some changes will be made in the near future, to help expand and make the NXT TV show better. Triple H added the following:

“I think NXT has the potential to be a lot of things. Where it sits is not 100% my decision. I know those conversations have happened.”

I don't blame him NXT is still great, but it has been a lot better in the past, and the brand split has had a slight effect of taking the talent from NXT, but I don't believe it was a significant effect! NXT has just lost a bit of its hype/momentum at the moment which is a shame because stars like Shinsuke and Roode and DIY etc. are doing amazing things right now. Despite all this NXT SA will still be an amazing show!

Triple H talks about not being happy with where NXT stands at 32:30 in the media call below.

The media call also featured Trips answering questions about the UK weekly show, signing of UK talent, NXT call-ups and more if you'd like to listen ^

source: Triple H on the Current State of WWE NXT: "I'm Not Happy With Where it is Right Now By Far"

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I think if Triple H wants to encourage the rebuilding process...he needs to
make some new "high profile" signing...much like Nakamura and Asuka were
in their time.

It also may help if certain main roster wrestlers are dropped back down to NXT...
I mean I could make a list of performers who would benefit from more time in
NXT and improve their skills and also take advantage of the rebuilding process
to have some more "TV Time" and possibly even a title reign or 2.

I also like the idea of NXT actually becoming like a 3rd "Top" Brand that could
interact with RAW & SmackDown...but...that's just my opinion.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
NXT needs to stop bringing in so many indie darlings and build their home-grown talent. After Nakamura, Roode and Asuka are called up they need to keep the number of notable indie veteran guys and gals limited. Keep them in the main event and use them to get the new stars over then call them up a month later. Big names shouldn't be down there more than six months to a year at most.

I think some of the blame is on Nakamura too. Don't get me wrong, he is awesome, but not necessarily a guy I would build the brand around.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
The brand extension bled the roster but its still a decent show. They need to find a balance between Indie stars and home grown stars. It's not something they can do overnight.

If they don't do something quick, they'll really be hurtin after WM when most of the current crop would move up to the main roster.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

M Kells

The Showoff
Reaction score
They're relying on indie guys who'll get brought up after 2 years tops, instead of creating and producing their own home grown talents.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Smackdown stole NXT's thunder.
And their head/main writer...

Okay...because I want to...I'm going to make a
list of those who could "drop back down" to NXT.

Main Roster:
Bo Dallas
Curtis Axel
Curt Hawkins
Tyler Breeze
The Ascension
The Vaudevillains

Women's Division:
Dana Brooke
Nia Jax
Eva Marie

There are also 16 Cruiserweights currently on the 205 Live Roster...
perhaps 3 or 4 of those guys could be shifted to NXT as well?

Perhaps a couple of signing from the recent UK tournament?

Just ideas...

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
NXT just uses indy guys with like 10 years experience to keep their show profitable. Then those guys waste a good 2 years down there when they could of been having way better matches and making way better money on the main roster.

All the home grown NXT talent is usually shit. There might be like a few cases where a home grown NXT wrestler is good. They are all trained by fucking A-Train for christ sake. No one gave a shit about A-Train, he was a shitty wrestler. The most memorable moment of his career was getting dropped on his head by Brock Lesnar on a botched F5.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
NXT just uses indy guys with like 10 years experience to keep their show profitable. Then those guys waste a good 2 years down there when they could of been having way better matches and making way better money on the main roster.

All the home grown NXT talent is usually shit. There might be like a few cases where a home grown NXT wrestler is good. They are all trained by fucking A-Train for christ sake. No one gave a shit about A-Train, he was a shitty wrestler. The most memorable moment of his career was getting dropped on his head by Brock Lesnar on a botched F5.
Giant Bernard (Albert) was fucking awesome. His run in Japan after being let go by WWE was great.

The problem is not on the coaches. It's that it is pro wrestling mass produced. They try to churn out wrestlers like it was a car factory putting together engines. That in itself is detrimental to the training taking place.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The problem is not on the coaches. It's that it is pro wrestling mass produced. They try to churn out wrestlers like it was a car factory putting together engines. That in itself is detrimental to the training taking place.
Exactly...too much product...not enough talent...

Although...its not like the WWE doesn't have the
money to recruit anyone they wanted.

I mean realistically they could have Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks
and Sexy Star if they were willing to pony up the cash for them.

I think they need a quality over quantity approach...but I doubt that
will happen any time soon.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Exactly...too much product...not enough talent...

Although...its not like the WWE doesn't have the
money to recruit anyone they wanted.

I mean realistically they could have Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks
and Sexy Star if they were willing to pony up the cash for them.

I think they need a quality over quantity approach...but I doubt that
will happen any time soon.
I understand WWE wanting homegrown talent, I even endorse it. But they should probably focus on smaller classes, making sure that those guys are properly trained and then taking in a new class when the existing one is done rather than the current mass recruitment approach. But WWE has the finances to make mass recruting viable.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I understand WWE wanting homegrown talent, I even endorse it. But they should probably focus on smaller classes, making sure that those guys are properly trained and then taking in a new class when the existing one is done rather than the current mass recruitment approach. But WWE has the finances to make mass recruting viable.

It's viable but it can hardly be as effective as small classes when it comes to producing superstars that they can truly run a company with.

Stopspot

Reaction score
It's viable but it can hardly be as effective as small classes when it comes to producing superstars that they can truly run a company with.
Yup. Look over to the Japanese system. They take in a class roughly once per year of between 5 and 10 for the bigger companies like Dragon Gate or New Japan, which evens out to about 3-5 making it through. Or between 2-5 guys per class for the smaller companies.

These guys get the coaches full attention and usually debut rock solid in wrestling. Mojo Rawley is a 3 year pro now and still fairly green.

WWE at this point are honestly signing guys for the sake of preventing other companies from using them

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Just listening to WOR and heard how there's a guy in New Japan having his second match that's doing better than guys do after 2 years in the PC...

I'd blame WWE's overscripting more than anything else, but there's gotta be more to that

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Just listening to WOR and heard how there's a guy in New Japan having his second match that's doing better than guys do after 2 years in the PC...
Perhaps the Japanese have a stricter and more focused training regime?
I'd blame WWE's over-scripting more than anything else
Yeah...according to Dean Ambrose its a HUGE problem...but...
there are some performers that make it work...such as the Miz
and Alexa Bliss.