Trios Tournament 2008

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evil Austin

I am really pulling for Team Coilition all the way. Ill be reading.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Well the fact that the African people are "BLK Out" is really um.. Coincidental? Also, Team Merchants Of Destruction is freaking awesome! The SHelton thing is hilarious, and Team WWC looks good too. Can't wait for matches!

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Three new teams are going to be announced... Right now!

Kings of Wrestling
KOW.jpg

Team number eleven comes to us from CZW, Chikara, PWG, and ROH. They are the Kings of Wrestling. The first member is Chuck Taylor. At the young age of 22 he has done more in this business than some people twice his age have done. He is a two time Young Lions Cup winner, a former IWA-MS women's champion, IWA-MS Heavyweight Champion, and CZW Junior Heavyweight Champion. Then there is the leader Chris Hero. This man has wrestled all over the world and has held 29 championships in his career. He has also trained such wrestlers as the third member of the Kings; Claudio Castagnoli. Castagnoli has wrestled extensively in his home continent of Europe. Claudio and Hero have won tag gold 6 times as a team. Can the Kings take the throne of this tournament?

Team TNA
TeamTNA.jpg

Team number twelve comes from the number two company in the USA; TNA. Team TNA consists of the Motor City Machine Guns and Jay Lethal. The Guns are amazing tag team wrestlers. They have teamed together in ZERO1, PWG, ROH, TNA, and POI. They were named TNA's tag team of the year and they are the longest reigning champions in POI, having held the POI Tag Team Titles for nearly 30 weeks. Then there is Jay Lethal. Lethal has been an X-Division champion 3 times and has held 4 different belts in JAPW. After this tournament will TNA be the number 1 company?

Team ROH
TeamROH.jpg

Team number 13 is Team ROH. Team ROH's members are Roderick Strong, Nigel McGuinness, and Delirious. The masked man and fan favorite; Delirious should not be taken lightly. He has wrestled in Chikara, IWC, IWA-MS, NWA, and ROH, and has won gold in all of them, but ROH. The second member of the team is known for his hard chops and painful backbreakers; he is Roderick Strong. Strong was the FIP World Heavyweight Champion and one half of the PWG Tag Team Champions. The team captain is the ROH World Champion, Nigel McGuinness. Nigel's hardhitting lariats make him someone to not turn your back too. McGuinness is also the longest reigning ROH Pure Champion. Will the biggest indy company be able to bring the cup home?​

Moonlight Drive

Nice, three very solid teams have been added. All the teams now seem to be very competetive and it's going to be a very tough call to see who'll win this.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Kings of Wrestling all the way. Chuck Taylor FTW!

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Three real good teams are in. ROH looks acceptional, and TNA should have great chemistry. I'm only familair with two members of Kings Of Wrestling but I love Chris Hero so that team is fine by me. My three favorite teams going into the tournament are as followed.

1. Merchants of Destruction
2. Age Of The Fall
3. POI

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Be sure to check out Trios Tournament 2008 live this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! Now here are the final three teams.

Team CZW
TeamCZW.jpg

Team number fourteen is Team CZW. The first member of the team is CZW owner John Zandig. Zandig is one of the toughest men in wrestling history. He has been many deathmatches and has actually been hung from the roof by meathooks. Zandig won eight titles in CZW and 4 titles in BJPW. Member two is the current CZW World Heavyweight Champion; Nick Gage. Gage has fought some of the best deathmatch wrestlers in the business and is still standing. Gage has held 12 titles in CZW and is a Tournament of Death winner. The final member is "Sick" Nick Mondo, who is actually coming out of retirement to compete. Mondo has taken some of the craziest bumps in wrestling history and he is coming back for more. Mondo won 5 titles in CZW and he won Tournament of Death 2. Can this hardcore team win it all?

Team WWE
TeamWWE.jpg

Tean number fifteen is Team WWE. The biggest wrestling company in the US is sending in their biggest starts to battle the rest of the wrestling world. The first member if the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels. HBK is a decorated wrestler having won 20 titles, 2 Royal Rumbles, and 9 match of the year awards. John Cena is one of the top wrestlers in the business. Cena is the most popular wrestler today and has the titles to prove it. Cena has won 10 titles in his eight year career. Then there is the current WWE Champion Triple H. This could be possible the best wrestler around and if you don't believe it just ask him. HHH has won 20 titles in WWE, 1 King of the Ring, 1 Royal Rumble, and awards such as most hated. This team is the most confident and they deserve to be. Will they prove their dominance over the rest of the wrestling companies?

Team NOAH
TeamNOAH.jpg

The final team comes to us from Japan. Team NOAH consists of KENTA, Takeshi Morishima, and Naomichi Marufuji. First up is KENTA, the man who held the GHC Junior Heavyweight Title for nearl a full year. KENTA is praised by as and has been called one of Japan's best wrestlers. KENTA innovated both of his famous finishing moves, which he can hit at any moment. Takeshi Morishima is one of the best brawlers around. He is the current GHC Heavyweight Champion and before that he was the ROH World Champion. Morishima is very fast for his huge size. The final member is Naomichi Marufuji. He has won 6 titles in NOAH and he also won the Super J Cup in 2004. Marufuji is a very versatile opponent who can wrestle with men of all styles and can still beat them. These three are the best the Japan has to offer, can they take home the cup?​

Moonlight Drive

They have Triple H! He's probably sleeping with the daughters of the owners of WNG, POI and the other companies who are running this thing >_>

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
We've got some big anouncements to make today. First off the official song of the Trios Tournament is Never Enough by Five Finger Death Punch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfr_nWsXOBg

Now here are the anouncements of the First Round matches for Night 1 which is THIS FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!

TT08M1.jpg

First up is Team WCC vs. the New Hart Foundation; John Morrison, Chris Jericho, and Austin Aries vs. Petey Williams, Teddy Hart, and Shelton Benjamin. These two teams should be evenly matched in terms of wrestling ability.

TT08M2.jpg

Then in the second match it will be the Destroyers; Matt Cross and the Briscoe Brothers vs. the Merchants of Destruction; Monty Brown, Rhino, and Bobby Lashley. This match is speed vs. power.

TT08M3.jpg

Match three is BLK OUT 2.0; Ruckus, Homicide, and Sabian vs. Team CZW; Zandig, Nick Gage, and Nick Mondo. This match will eventually turn into a brawl with all of the bad blood here.

TT08M4.jpg

In the final match of the first found of Block A the Christian Coalition (AJ Styles, Christian Cage, and Tomko) will take on WNG's Last Line (Sonjay Dutt, Christopher Daniels, and Rob Van Dam). Both of these teams are battle tested, but only one can walk out the winner.​

Evil Austin

Good card, here are my predictions.

Team WWC > Hart Foundation
M.O.D > Destroyers
CZW > BLK OUT 2.0
Christian Coalition > WNG Last Line

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Here comes the amouncements of the first round matches for night 2. And after that I'd like to say a few words about the tourney.

TT08M5.jpg

Team NOAH; KENTA, Takeshi Morishima, and Naomichi Marufuji will take on the Kings of Wrestling; Chuch Taylor, Chris Hero, and Claudio Castagnoli. These two teams will surely put on a mat classic.

TT08M6.jpg

The underground sensation will take on the second biggest company as Team WNG (Drake Younger, Gregory Helms, and Cloudy) takes on Team TNA (The Motor City Machine Guns and Jay Lethal).

TT08M7.jpg

In the third match of the night the Age of the Fall (Jimmy Jacobs, Vampiro, and Tyler Black) will take on the company that they have been trying to take down: Team ROH (Roderick Strong, Nigel McGuinness, and Delirious)

TT08M8.jpg

Then in the final first round match an old feud is reborn. Team POI (Samoa Joe, Super Dragon, and CM Punk) will take on their old rivals in Team WWE (Shawn Michaels, John Cena, and Triple H).

Now, I'm gonna break "BTB kayfabe," but who cares? This tournament was the product of many weeks of work. Brian, Madden, and I worked our asses off to get this done. The first forum that this was posted on barely gave it any response. I'd guess that maybe only 4 or 5 people read it. That was really disapointing. After all we worked on it, all of the things that got in our way to get this done and the closest thing to a review that we got was "Good show"

I figured that it was worth a shot to post this here. The response was amazing. I would like to thank all of you for reading the announcements and the hype. It really feels like this is a big event. The three of us wrote our best matches that we ever wrote for this tournament, I assure you that we will not let you down. The shows will live up to the hype.

One more thing, besides what matches we wrote and who were in the teams, nothing of this was really planned. The writer just picked who they thought the better team was. It might have been smart to book the tourney and to pick the winner right away, but I'd say this was funner.

Once again, thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy the full weekend of shows.​

The Leviathan

Reaction score
This sure is going to be an epic BTB comic, I don't promise to give a review here due to lack of time but I know, lot of us got our attention in this interesting concept and I am sure that this will be going great. Now, here's my predictions:

Team WCC vs. Hart Foundations
- Charisma vs. Technical here and my bet will be those guys who are not so good in the mic but have a hell of a talent in the ring! :p

Destroyers vs. M.O.D.
- The Briscoes could pull a hell of a match here but look at who are they facing. I have a feeling that M.O.D. will go to the semi finals.

Blk Out 2.0 vs. Team CZW
- The only guys I know here is Homicide and Ruckus! lol..

Christian Coalition vs. WNG's Last Line
- I am going to mark out with AJ Styles and Christian here, and how 'bout Tomko? ...... NO!

Team NOAH vs. Kings of Wrestling
- I bet this is going to be another great match.

Team WNG vs. Team TNA
- I am going to vote WNG if only Cheech Hernandez is in it. Cheech and Cloudy are awesome! lol...

AOTF vs. Team ROH
- hard choice here but most BTBer's here are marking out for the AOTF and I am one of those so my vote is in them!

Team POI vs. Team WWE
- Great to see the feud between these two continues here in this BTB. Now, I have hopes that Team WWE will lose in this Tournament, Just look at Team POI! Joe is gonna kill DXCena!