Trios Tournament 2008

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
In 2008 wrestling companies from all over the world will get together to host an event of epic proportions. The event will span three nights. Sixteen teams of three men each will clash. Promotions like WWE, TNA, POI, WNG, WCC, ROH, and more will send their warriors into battle, all to decide who is the best. Which company can call themselves the best in the world?

The event was organized by the head bookers of WCC, WNG, and POI as a last ditch effort to save their companies. Each man brought something different to the table. Madden (owner of WCC), czwrestler (owner of WNG), and comicgeekelly (owner of POI) got together to figure out their options. They needed one big idea to keep their respective companies in business. After many hours of planning the idea of the Trios Tournament was born.

Anouncements of teams and matches will come in the days that follow until the three nights of pure action. Dates of the shows will be announced soon.

Now the first two teams are going to be announced.

Team POI
TeamPOI.jpg

The first team entered into the tournament is Team POI. Team POI consists of CM Punk, Super Dragon, and the POI World Champion Samoa Joe. These three are ready to try and prove that POI is the best company going today. The "Straightedge Warrior" CM Punk has been a two time POI Champion and has held the ROH world title. Samoa Joe is the current POI Champion. He has also held gold in ROH and TNA. The final member of the team is Super Dragon; a former CZW Heavyweight Champion, PWG Champion, and a five time PWG tag team champion. All three of these men bring something different to the table and they should make a dynamic team.

Age of the Fall
TeamAOTF.jpg

The second team being announced is Team Age of the Fall. The Age of the Fall consists of Jimmy Jacobs, Vampiro, and Tyler Black. These three have teamed together in six man tags before in POI and they are a team to watch out for. Tyler Black is a forner ROH Tag Champion with fellow Age of the Fall member Jimmy Jacobs and he has also held gold in IWA-MS. Jimmy Jacobs has held a huge amount of championships from companies all around the US. Jacobs has been a champion in ROH, IWA-MS, NWA, and wXw. Vampiro is the most experienced member of the group, having wrestled all over the world. Vampiro has held gold in NWE, JCW, UWA, WSX, and WCW.​

The Anigma

Reaction score
This is pretty interesting and I'm curious to see how it pans out.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Wow! Good to see another crossover BTB! I really get interested with it. I wonder if there will be Team HEW in it? :shifty:

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Wow! Good to see another crossover BTB! I really get interested with it. I wonder if there will be Team HEW in it? :shifty:

Not in this tourney, but who knows, maybe next year...
Here come the next two team announcements

Today the Trios Tournament is proud to announce the next two teams to compete in the competition. The promotion WNG is not dead yet as it sends in two teams.

Team WNG
TeamWNG.jpg

Three of its main eventers of the time step up to form Team WNG consisting of Cruiserweights Gregory Helms out of WCW and WWE work. Cloudy from the CHIKARA and CZW company normally working with partner Cheech but will accept a new team. Along side 2 minute WNG champion and multi time CZW main eventer Drake Younger they step up and for the firs time team along side each other to prove that even fallen companies ties are still strong.

WNG's Last Line
WNGLastLine.jpg

Along side its official team WNG sends in 3 members of its Last Line Stable. Sonjay Dut, Christopher Daniels and Rob Van Dam. All have worked with each other before and feel one last stand as an unit is in order for the company that gave them a break. With these two announcements that brings the team total to four with more being added each and every week. Stay tuned for more updates.​

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
this looks pretty groundbreaking, the teams so far are pretty sweet, and I'm sure there will be more firepower as the rest of the teams are revealed.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Today we are announcing two more teams and they come from the comapny WCC.

Team WCC
TeamWCC.jpg

Team WCC is made up of WCC headliners; John Morrison, Chris Jericho, and Austin Aries. There is no telling how these three will work together, as they are not a tested team. Morrison was the last IC Title holder in WCC before it ended, he has also held titles in WWE. Chris Jericho is the most experienced member of the team. He has wrestled all over the world, he was also the first WWE Undisputed Champion and the last WCC World Heavyweight Champion. Austin Aries is a former WCC X-Division Champion and is a former ROH World Champion. Together these three could easily win the tournament.

Merchants of Destruction
MOD.jpg

The next team is the Merchants of Destruction. These three powerhouses are ready to destroy anything in their path. They are Monty Brown, Rhino, and Bobby Lashley. Brown played in the NFL before coming to wrestling. He has wrestler for WWE, JCW, UWA, and TNA. Rhino is a decorated wrestler from Detroit, Michigan. He was the last ECW World and TV champion and is a forner NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Lashley is the greenest member of the team having only been a professional wrestler for 3 years. Bobby has only wrestled in WCC, WWE, and POI. The Merchants of Destruction are a team to watch in this tournament.​

The Anigma

Reaction score
This is really developing very well. I like all the teams you've put into the tournament thus far and I'm looking forward to see who's next to join the tournament. It should be very interesting.

-TJ-

I first thought WNG's Last Line had this won, until i saw the beef in the MoD lol

czwrestler

Reaction score
this is a phenomial lineup. I can't wait for the fall back
WNG represents my friends

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Dates announced for the three shows!!!

All the action will take place on November 21-23!

Night 1 will be Friday November 21st!
It will feature the first and second round matches for Block A

Night 2 will be Saturday November 22nd!
This show will feature the first and second round matches for Block B

Night 3 will be Sunday November 23rd!
The third and final night will feature the semi finals and the finals. Plus there will be some matches added later

Keep checking the Trios Tournament 2008 official thread for updates as they come

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Today two more teams are going to be announced.

BLK OUT 2.0
BLKOUT20.jpg

The first team being announced today is BLK OUT 2.0. BLK OUT is a team that should not be taken lightly. They are Ruckus, Homicide, and Sabian. The Blackout is a battle tested team, having competed in the Chikara King of Trios. The Blackout has held tag titles in CZW, IWA-MS, PWU, and UWA. They have been tag champions 23 times and the three men on this team have held 58 titles in their careers. This team could be called the Golden Trio, but they would prefer BLK OUT. In this tournament it is a safe bet to always bet on black.

The Destroyers
Destroyers.jpg

Team number 8 is a seemingly thrown together team. They are the Briscoe Brothers and Matt Cross and they are called the Destroyers. There is no telling how this team will work as they have never teamed together. The Briscoes are masters of tag team wrestling and have been tag champion in CZW, FIP, NWA, NOAH, PWU, UXW, and ROH with a total of 11 times. Matt Cross is a very underrated wrestler. He has competed in many companies and is a very good tag team wrestler in his own right. Can this team bring home the cup?​

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Here come two more team announcements

New Hart Foundation
NHF.jpg

The first team is POI's own New Hart Foundation. The first member of the team is the master of the Canadian Destroyer; Petey Williams. Petey is a great singles wrestler, but he is also an amazing tag team wrestler. The second member is Shelton Benjamin. Bret Hart brought Benjamin into the NHF, not because of his nationality, but because of his wrestling ability. Benjamin was never given his big shot, now he might get that chance. The leader of the NHF is Teddy Hart. Teddy Hart part of the legendary Hart family bearing the burden has managed to quickly become one of indy wrestling best.

Christian's Colilation
Christian.jpg

The Nest team to be registered for the tournament is fresh out of TNA and other promotion, Christian's Colilation. All 3 men have worked well together in the past be it Tomko and Styles a great tag team or Cage and Tomko while in both TNA and WWE. Styles is TNA only 3 time triple crown champion, Cage is a 4 time world champion as well as several time tag team champion. Tomko a young and underutilized talent has still managed to obtain 3 tag team runs in his career. Together all three posses the skill to possibly win the tournament.​

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I am just curious why Shelton is in the New Hart Foundation? He isn't a Hart and he isn't a Canadian, lol... I am marking out for Team MOD as of now lol...

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
I am just curious why Shelton is in the New Hart Foundation? He isn't a Hart and he isn't a Canadian, lol... I am marking out for Team MOD as of now lol...

I put him in that faction in POI. And as I said in the summary of the team Bret Hart picked him because of his ability.