Total Nonstop Action by Tig

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dubble J

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Man this card is loaded. Really looking forward to the show, Tig. Love the spin you're putting on some of these guys. The Author gimmick for Kaz looks like it's gonna be fun. And Moxley debuting in a feud with Foley is awesome. Probably my favorite thing of the show. Danielson/Angle is nuts.

Motor City Machine Guns
Sarita & Wilde
Time Limit Draw
Marco Corleone
RVD
Kingston & Homicide
Tara
Hernandez
The Author
Jon Moxley
AJ Styles

• Love
Reactions: Tig

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Prediction Contest Template
1. Lethal Consequences
2. Circa 89
3. Bryan Danielson
4. Kiyoshi
5. Jeff Jarrett
6. Eddie Kingston & Homicide
7. Hamada
8. Nigel McGuinness
9. Amazing Red
10. Jon Moxley
11. AJ Styles

• Love

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
1. Motor City Machine Guns - I like Lethal Consequences probably more than the next guy but the Guns I feel have more that can be done with their characters due to their ability to convincingly play either side of the line (especially Shelley), plus the matches are going to be better. Lethal can hold his weight but 2010 Xavier Woods still had a way to go in my opinion.
2. Circa 89 - I've really enjoyed their introduction and given they've had the more prominent featuring, signs point to them picking up the win here. Hoping that the women's tag division can become even more elevated than you've already done it here.
3. Kurt Angle/Danielson - DRAW - This is actually the hardest match on the card for me to call, but 20 minutes? I see the obvious benefits in having Dragon win here by giving him a huge win over a massive name. HOWEVER, I don't think Danielson is killed here with a loss, so wouldn't be averse to Kurt pinching it and setting up a rematch but I think a time limit draw is a better way to do it. This is gonna slap hard regardless of what you do here, though.
4. Marco Corleone - It has been great to see Kiyoshi get his flowers as it always is when a left field name who was underutilised irl gets a push in a BTB, However, I was surprised when Corleone didn't make it to the ten defences before and I know how much you love this concept, so it depends on whether you can wait to execute it fully or not.
5. Jeff Jarrett - Going with my heart as opposed to my head with this one.
6. Eddie Kingston & Homicide - I love these two as champions and I think just for it being a case of being something fresh, I think you keep the belts on them here. It is great to see Eddie utilised in a BTB set around this time given how late he got into the mainstream irl (ignoring his actual TNA run). A win against three established teams would be big and for a team like Beer Money where both are ready to break out, losing here makes sense.
7. Tara - Flipped a coin. I like both of them but Tara marginally more.
8. Nigel McGuinness - I know you like Hernandez and his theme song, but if you're not properly pushing Nigel in a TNA BTB set around this time you're doing something wrong as that is probably the most obvious misstep that they took to rectify. This feud has been really good between them and will do both wonders, but McGuinness should be winning here and moving on up towards the title.
9. Francis Benedict Geraldman - love love LOVE this. Gimmick of the fucking year and you've made me not view Kazarian as a boring bastard. Amazing Red is cool but he's got to gtfo for this stuff. Fucking INSPIRED, dude.
10. Jon Moxley - The Moxley stuff with bringing in Mick's kids is so dark and I love it. There is so much potential with this and really Foley shouldn't be beating anyone in 2010, let alone one of the biggest up and comers in the company. I can't wait to see how this plays out and where you go after it.
11. Samoa Joe - This was another extremely hard one to decide. It seems to me though that you're a sucker for dominant champions and they don't get more dominant than Samoa Joe. After his shaky 2009 I can see you fully fixing him with a win here that you've positioned him so well for. There's plenty for Styles to do without the belt so I'm not worried there.

Really really really looking forward to this mate.

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
1. Motor City Machine Guns - Always the pick
2. Sarita & Taylor Wilde
3. Bryan Danielson - What a match!
4. Marco Corleone - I have a soft spot for the time Mark Jindrak was not Mark Jindrak
5. Rob Van Dam - Two of my favorites, RVD should go over
6. The British Invasion
7. Tara - Always the pick
8. Nigel McGuinness
9. Amazing Red
10. Jon Moxley - No reason for Foley to go over
11. AJ Styles - Should be a great one

• Love

DTP

Reaction score
It's good to see you dedicate so much time to building Against All Odds. It's not what you come to expect from a show of that magnitude, but it comes across as far more speciaql than it ever truly was. The Top 10 Moments post is a rather interesting methodology to hyping your big events. It doesn't necessarily devalue your television, but it does raise questions as to how each particular show has been booked. I'd be very curious to know how you came to these results.

AJ Styles and Samoa Joe are two guys who can feud and team until the end of time. It helps that they have that kind of chemistry, but with that said I'm rather intrigued by how you have built this feud up and how that differs compared to their past feuds.

I was always a fan of Tara's work in TNA. She was always incredibly handy in WWE as Victoria, but her competence as a worker truly shone against stars who, you know, actually had experience in the ring. An interesting choice to have Hamada announce her next challenger on Xplosion - that said, it's clear that you have elevated this show as being an equal show to iMPACT. Deeming this a dream match is so Mike Tenay, haha.

I would be very curious to see how Eddie Kingston would have panned out as an active member of the TNA roster in the year 2010. He had a lot of personal issues to deal with, but that said I do like him and Homicide as a unit, and God knows after Hernandez, Kingston is the partner a guy like Homicide could use. I'm hoping you limit the use of Magnus from here on out, I never truly saw all that much in him.

You have Jeff Jarrett's verbatim down to a tee, but I am more intrigued at the idea he's working this program with Paul Heyman of all people. It fits his character, but I'm not sure about Heyman being brought up verbally when he's not present on-screen. I could see Jeff and Rob Van Dam having a great match by 2010 standards, but it does come across a little strange how this angle was portrayed.

Oh man, Kiyoshi. That's a name I haven't read in a time. Makes sense for a guy of his calibre to be the new Spike TV Champion, and I like that you framed it as a true culmination of a chase for Kiyoshi. Him and Marco Corleone is a crazy concept for a feud. I like the idea of this not only replacing the TNA Legends/Global Championship, but also serving as this company's answer to the Television Championship.

The Kurt Angle and Bryan Danielson rivalry has been a major selling point to this project, I feel. It's where your imagination can really be recognised in an instance, and it shows. I'd like to see this go beyond Against All Odds, with that said. I could see this exceeding going for match-of-the-year classic and getting brutal with say, Steel Cage match implications perhaps? Or Six Sides of Steel, if Paul Heyman is still rolling with that ring. It's clearly no coincidence Danielson debuted here rather than for WWE.

Frankie Kazarian's character is well done in that it gives him a new edge that gives him potential to achieve main event status. Hopefully the Amazing Red feud serves as a platform to allow that upward mobility to take place. The Francis Benedict Geraldman gimmick is...interesting. I read it in the Riddler's voice. Maybe a little camp, but it works for what's been done here.

Nigel McGuinness was always a real star in my eyes during this time as Desmond Wolfe. I don't know about the overuse of the term "wanker", but it sure reminds us of how British he is. I don't know necessarily how much chemistry he'd have with a guy like Hernandez though. Your version of Three Stages of Hell sounds cool, though. I just wonder how they'll go about setting the cage up in the iMPACT Zone for that third fall.

Grandiose Paul Heyman job in the Weigh-In, and it sets the scene for AJ Styles and Samoa Joe going at it for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. It is sadly overshadowed by Kurt Angle and Bryan Danielson no matter which way you spin it, but between those two feuds especially, I think Heyman's vision of TNA is in safe hands for the forseeable year in 2010.

Glad to see you pull the trigger on the Mick Foley and Jon Moxley angle. It really captured the effect of how sadistic and edgy this Moxley persona is. I think there is a lot that can be uncovered from this feud that hasn't been picked up on, with that said. I feel like there is a lot more story that can be uncovered using a more effective strategy, afforded by linear shows being posted.

Overall, this has piqued interest for Against All Odds beyond all kinds of proportions. It's Paul Heyman wishing to show the industry what his idea for TNA Wrestling is with one of his first major shows, and that just sits right.