Top Faces

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Clearly Cena is still THE guy, but is Christian really expected to be Edge's replacement on SmackDown?

With talks of Miz possibly becoming a face on Raw (which I hope happens for an eventual Miz vs. Punk feud), could Orton be thrown over to SmackDown to replace Edge? Or do you just flip Miz and throw him on SmackDown?

WWE is in a pretty rough situation right now with Edge's retirement, imo... I don't think people are too fond of seeing Triple H back in the title picture, especially considering he's made it clear that all he has left to worry about is ending the streak. Sure he can say he's preoccupying himself waiting for Taker.

What do you think WWE does? Is Christian ready to be the man now?

Reaction score
If Christian wants to run with the ball now, then run with it. He came back to the WWE about 2 years ago, looking for his World Title he wanted. Now you have the opportunity to get it at the expense of Edge's retirement.

I think that it's inevitable that Christian now has to be the top face guy. That being said, I don't think that he will have a problem being the top guy. He proved it in TNA, he proved it on ECW, and I think he can do it now.

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
I'd imagine Kofi will be moving more into the main event picture now. I can also see them moving someone like Daniel Bryan over to SD and starting push him into the upper mid card. Plus there's still Big Show and even Kane to make up the numbers.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^The guy is spot on if you want a good midcard champ, but with virtually no character, unproven mic skills and his dropping the ball during his last push..... Kofi is NO form of replacement for Edge. I don't think anyone will be pushed as a direct replacement for Edge; they'll just shuffle things a bit and share his workload between the guys that are already beeing booked at that level.

Unfortunately for Christian, I don't see this having a silver lining for him and in fact, I'll be suprised to see him anywhere near to challenging for that vacated WHC unless they have a 3 or 4 way at Ext.Rules. Edge's loss will probably be DEL RIO's gain... They've NO reason not to put that belt on him now.

Come draft time though, I fully expect Orton to be the #1 face on SD.

Reaction score
I dunno if they're willing to put orton on the "b" show. Just move kane and big show up. Feud em with barret, mcintyre, del rio and have them job to these up and coming heels. Its easier to establish a heel I think and from there they can plug in assorted faces to see if someone catches on. Either that or maybe jut end the brand extension.

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to imply that Kofi would directly take Edge's spot, but I do think he'll be more involved in the title chase. I really can't see Orton going to SD, he's over as hell at the moment and his feud with CM Punk is being really nicely built on Raw. Putting him on SD would be a backwards move for him.

fuzzy

Reaction score
well with whathappened on raw, nexus returning, allbeit without Punk, and attacking Orton durring his contenders match, It's unlikely he's gonna move to SD. Maybe they'll have Punk move to SD walk away from his group and take edge's spot? Christian being top guy in tna is worlds apart from being top guy in wwe. maybe breakup the corre and give wade the ball, he's good on the mic and not all that bad in the ring. why not?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I didn't say I see Orton moving immediately... but in June sometime if they do the draft... his feud with Punk could be long over, and it'll be a way to stick to Punk's whole, "you'll never get another shot at the WWE Championship as long as I have something to say about it!" So move him to SmackDown to challenge for the WHC instead.

I'd say it could be Miz, but I don't imagine Miz on SmackDown. He's cut out too well for Raw, whether he's heel or face. I just don't see anyone on SmackDown who should be THE guy. Kane? Better as a heel, can't see him feuding with Del Rio over the belt. Show could work, but I've had enough of face Show now. No way you make Wade a face. Unless Justin Gabriel has some kind of magic that takes over and thrusts him into the main event scene, I don't see anyone over there who is ready to be that guy.

fuzzy

Reaction score
so then why not just give delrio the ball and try a few of the faces and see which clicks? i would throw in Ray but he's got a good feud going with Cody.
or what about Drew Mc? think he's ready to get in the title picture?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Drew isn't suited to be a face; I guess you could go with Rey but with Rey's injuries, etc., he's probably looking for time off VERY soon.

The only other name I can see making that immediate impact would be Chris Jericho if and when he returns.

fuzzy

Reaction score
Jericho wuld fit back in better then anyone they have right now to face del rio, but who knows when he's gonna be back....
It's gonna be interesting to see what they do on SD this week. maybe give us a hint on who they're gonna push.
if not then i'm sure we'll have a name or two after the draft is done.

Reaction score
Big Show 4 champ, plz. Seriously, no one on the roster deserves one of those "you've been such a good sport" reigns that Kane, Jericho and Rey have been given recently. They weren't really bad reigns at all, and in Kane's case, he took the ball and made the most of it. It's always easy to make Show a legit threat because of his size, and c'mon, he should have been given a reign just for doing the job to Mayweather. At least for a two month transitional period before Del Rio is truly ready.

As far as fresh face ideas, Sin Cara.

noumenon

Reaction score
Most likely Orton for Smackdown's top face, with the draft coming up there is really no other option to fill Edge's shoes. And to be honest it should be painfully clear the only reason Del Rio didn't pick up the title at Mania was because Edge was known to be retiring, it was done as a courtesy to him.

...god...

Reaction score
If Jericho returns and takes the title, I'll shit myself. Otherwise, Christian should win at the PPV then swap CM Punk over to SD for his first feud. Don't give a shit about Orton.

noumenon

Reaction score
I was going to suggest the Jericho return/face turn but seeing as he's pretty much booked through the summer I don't see it happening any time soon. I'd put money on him returning around the fall though.