TNA Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Austin Bates

Reaction score
If the Kurt Angle and EC3 match isn't going to happen at Slammiversary, I wonder what the heck is going to happen at the pay per view.

TNA getting rid of monthly pay per views hasn't been good for them I don't think. They pass up putting big matches on the pay per views they actually do have for TV.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
If the Kurt Angle and EC3 match isn't going to happen at Slammiversary, I wonder what the heck is going to happen at the pay per view.

TNA getting rid of monthly pay per views hasn't been good for them I don't think. They pass up putting big matches on the pay per views they actually do have for TV.
I couldn't agree with you more. The biggest downfall was removing all their pay-per-view shows. They're only running two this year and we still don't know what is happening at Slammiversary with two weeks to go. Shouldn't they be able to book these two shows with more time, not less?

It's bad enough to book free world title matches during the majority of the year, but to skip the PPV and host the most anticipated match of year after the PPV is ludicrous. More than likely Destination America wanted the match to take place on their network for a ratings spike.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
I couldn't agree with you more. The biggest downfall was removing all their pay-per-view shows. They're only running two this year and we still don't know what is happening at Slammiversary with two weeks to go. Shouldn't they be able to book these two shows with more time, not less?

It's bad enough to book free world title matches during the majority of the year, but to skip the PPV and host the most anticipated match of year after the PPV is ludicrous. More than likely Destination America wanted the match to take place on their network for a ratings spike.

Those two pay per views should be hot and matches we have waited a long time to see. TNA are just like WWE though in not being able to book pay per views when they have a lot of weeks to fill the time. The only promotion really able to do that is NXT. And on a smaller scale, ROH, because I don't think they have pay per views all that often/it feels like it has been a long build to Jay Briscoe vs Jay Lethal.

I know I don't all of the details, I really don't know what goes on in Destination America's offices, but it seems to me like Destination America want to be the bookers of TNA. It didn't seem like Kurt Angle would be the top baby face of the company when they debuted on Destination America, but he is abruptly the major focus of commercials and given the belt, in no particular order.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
contract.jpg

This Wednesday night on Destination America at 9e/p the world will witness the official contract signing for a TNA World Championship match nearly 600 days in the making. Kurt Angle, TNA World Champion and EC3 will sign the contract and on Wednesday night July 1st it will be “Bell To Bell” Angle vs. EC3. This is monumental and will kickoff Impact at the top of the hour. That incredible moment, plus so much else is taking place this Wednesday on Destination America at 9e/p.

After Kurt Angle and EC3 sign the proper paperwork, who knows what might happen as contract signings in Impact never seem to go smoothly! Will one of these heavyweights gain the upper hand?

doubleornothing.jpg

Taryn Terrell has a target on her back as she will officially tie Gail Kim as the longest reigning Knockouts Champion of all time at 210 days as of Wednesday June 17th with this news, Taryn Terrell has plenty to boast about. How long will Taryn remain Champion? With Marti Bell and Jade by her side, it just might be forever. Taryn has a message for all The Knockouts this week on Impact.

bram.jpg

Last week, Bram issued a challenge to any past member of The Impact Roster and it was Crimson who answered the call. While Crimson held his own, in the end it was Bram who earned the victory. Bram plans on continuing his quest to beat anyone who has ever stepped inside the six sided ring. Who will answer the challenge this week?

magnus.jpg

James Storm did the unthinkable a couple weeks ago and attempted to severely injure Mickie James and while Mickie can certainly hold her own as a former Knockouts Champion, it will be Magnus returning to Impact this week looking for James Storm. Magnus, Mickie’s fiancée and father to their son, will be in no mood for the mind games of James Storm. Storm better keep his Revolution followers close by.

It all adds up to what is going to an incredible show! Don’t forget to #ShowYourImpact and tell your friends that we are now on Wednesday nights on Destination America at 9e/p.
Should be a very interesting Impact this week with no Title match as the main event. Brooke/Kong vs The Dollhouse should be fun, as we watch TNA try to build up Brooke as their top babyface, as it seems Gail is on break? Bram last week defeated Crimson in a solid bout, who will he face next Sharkboy? Also Magnus is returning to Impact to kill Storm for his actions towards Mickie, everyone stay outta the way dude is going to leave Storm looking like the Elephant man by the end.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Anyone out there watching Impact tonight?

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Angle/EC3 confrontation was really good, and EC3's promo towards Angle on all the men he defeated. Kurt Angle what do they all have in common, they have been beaten, I've haven't so good.

Bobby Roode vs Eddie Edwards
-I'm always happen to see these guys together every week on Impact, their match was great for a opener for Impact this week. I'm not too shocked to The Wolves choose Full Metal Mayhem for Match 4 for the best of 5 series. Roode/Aries shall beat them in match four, and the last match is going to be a true toss up.

After that match, Joesph Park returns to TNA! So TNA is trying to convince us that we didn't see Park going back to Abyss, apparently drugs were involved in Park forgetting on who he is, I mean the man is missing teeth. I never seen a person who was missing teeth, that weren't on drugs at one time or another.

Bram vs Joesph Park
-A typical match with Park, his opponent kicks his ass and gets in some offense here and there. So Abyss got his ass kicked by Bram in plenty of hardcore matches like Monsters Ball, now Abyss devolves back to Park because he wants more of Bram. Did TNA not have anyone else to face Bram this week, and Park was the first person they saw eating a Doughnuts backstage lol. I find it more interested in Pope it's not his time to play in the ring again, rather than this match.

After Bram/Park..we see CLEAVAGE...CLEAVAGE FROM TARYN TERRELL! She's calling someone to pleasure her among all her Dolls, where's the sign up sheet for that job. Taryn is now the longest reigning TNA Knockouts champion woah, I thought for sure Gail and Mickie held it longer than that, but I guess not.

The Dollhouse vs Awesome Kong/Brooke
-Kong and Brooke with their win both get title shots, no way Taryn gets passed both of those ladies this around. Taryn might need a new Doll to join her, I mean Jade[sexy mamacita] and Belle are great together, but they need another lady to join them especially if Taryn needs to defend her title in the coming weeks.

Melendez/Eric Young confrontation
-Eric Young truly is telling Melendez you picked the wrong man to call out.

Jesse The New Total Package Godderz vs DJ Zema Ion
-It's hard to take Jesse as a evil guy, he's been a cocky goof ball for the longest time and now he has been taking seriously just like that ah no. Even Robbie E returned in the segment, no guys just hug it out and get back together. I don't see you guys really moving up in the world with TNA after this feud, stay as a team the division needs it honestly.

Magnus speaks to the TNA Universe!
-Honestly I wouldn't need a microphone to show my anger. I would of attacked Storm in the Locker Room after his actions towards Mickie a few weeks ago. Lol Storm implying Mickie was fooling around on Magnus when the Cameras were off. Also lol Storm kidnapped Storm and Mickie's kid though geez. I thought the baby angle with AJ Styles was bad years ago, but at least we had Daniels and Kaz involved, where in the hell is this storyline going next?

EC3 vs Bobby Lashley
-Tyrus surely did earn his paycheck this week, between standing like a statue, stopping a pinfall for EC3, and putting Chairs in ropes so Earl Hebner won't see them, he's the MVP of that match lol. Still with all that interference the match was pretty good for a main event, but I highly doubt Angle will fall for all these antics, EC3 is going to need to outsmart Angle some other way in a few weeks to take the title away from him.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
41d128557c33da16d45822b84f3cf95e_L.jpg

This Wednesday night we invite you to witness the start of something special in Impact Wrestling as we prepare for three tremendous shows and it starts Wednesday night, live on Destination America at 9pm EST/8pm CST. On this special live Impact witness Kurt Angle face an opponent of EC3’s choosing, Full Metal Mayhem between two of the very best tag teams in the world, an X Division Championship Match and a Knockout fights for her place on the roster!

Kurt Angle will face EC3 for The TNA World Title on July 1st*at “Bell To Bellâ€￾ but Wednesday night, Kurt must step into the ring against the unknown, as EC3 will get to choose Kurt Angle’s opponent. It's a clause that both EC3 and Kurt Angle agreed to as they get ready to collide for the World Title on July 1st, who will EC3 decide on to face Angle? What damage will be done to the TNA World Champion just seven days before facing EC3 for the World Title?

wolvesvheels4.jpg

The trending topic in the wrestling world over the past several months has been The Best of 5 Series between The Dirty Heels and The Wolves over the vacant TNA World Tag Team Titles. The Wolves jumped out to a 2-0 lead, The Dirty Heels got one back and now, LIVE, on Destination America this Wednesday night is Match #4, it will be Full Metal Mayhem, where pretty much anything goes! If The Wolves win, it's over and we have new champs, if The Dirty Heels win, what will we witness in Match #5? This has been epic so far!

VELVETAngelinaweb.jpg

When Velvet Sky was fired at The Feast or Fired Ceremony earlier this year, we thought we witnessed the end of a great career in IMPACT WRESTLING, however Velvet has other plans. Velvet Sky has made her presence felt over the past number of weeks and now Velvet can fight her way back onto the roster, all she has to do is defeat her former partner from The Beautiful People, her former best friend, Angelina Love. This has gone beyond personal and will reach a monumental boiling point Wednesday night, live, in front of the world.

xdivision.jpg

It started with 9 athletes; it is down to just 3 as Tigre Uno, Grado and Low-Ki have all advanced to this X Division Championship 3 Way Match! Who leaves as Champion? Is Low-Ki the clear favorite? Can Grado pull of the upset? Is this the signature win that has eluded Tigre Uno? Tune in or you might miss something spectacular from these three talented athletes.

It is Impact Wrestling; Live on Destination America, 9pm EST/8pm CST that kicks off a great week for Impact Wrestling! #ShowYourImpact and don’t miss one second of the incredible action!
Impact is live this week from Destination America; anyone watching?

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Wade Keller (PWTorch) tweeted this earlier

TNA Impact tonight is going to be a significant historical show for the company, I'm told. It's going to make headlines for newsworthiness.

I won't be watching as I haven't been watching TNA recently but I may catch up in the morning.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I'm watching Impact tonight, first time in months.

HEELing it Up

Austin Bates

Reaction score
I'm okay with Tigre Uno winning the X belt. The action with Low Ki and him was enjoyable. Glad Grado got out of the match rather quick. I'd like to see Tigre Uno featured as the champion.

The playtime is over vignettes have my interest.

I really enjoyed the match with Dirty Heels and The Wolves. I'm looking forward to the fifth match. It can go either way.

Awesome seeing Vader wrestle. The match with Bram was enjoyable. I'm okay with Matt Morgan returning. It's probably just a Slammiversary one off. Hopefully Bram benefits from it.

Good win for Eric Young, who needed it after his recent losses to Kurt Angle.

I'm fine with Hernandez joining the BDC ranks. He is enjoyable on Lucha Underground and I expect to enjoy him here. Is Homicide still in the BDC?

I wish the BDC and Rising feud was over.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
We've got a loaded iMPACT tonight with 4 big matches.

First we've got the two major factions in TNA going toe to toe again as The BSC takes on The Rising.

Next, the Knockouts title is on the line as Taryn Terrell defends against Brooke Tessmacher and Gail Kim.

Third up, we've got match 5 in the best of 5 series between The Dirty Heels and The Wolves and it will be a 30 minute iron man match. Winner gets the tag titles

And finally, the biggest prize in TNA is on the line as the greatest wrestler in the world Kurt Angle defends the world heavyweight championship against the undefeated Ethan Carter III.

If you feel up to it, join us tonight on Destination America at 9/8 C only on Destination America.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So thoughts on last night.

Not a bad show whatsoever. Ethan Carter is the new world champion in what was a great match. The kid deserves it and hopefully gets a good reign. The 30 minute iron man tag match was for sure the MOTN, just great tag team wrestling and now The Wolves are at the top again. The feud between James Storm and Magnus (remember this show was taped) continues to intrigue and now Mickie James is coming out of retirement so that's always a good thing. I'm not really sure why they broke up The Rising but hell, you can't expect them to everything right can you?

Definitely a step in the right direction, now they just need to get people to watch.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
new.jpg

Tigre.jpg

Taryn.jpg

ec3.jpg

Kurt.jpg

3 title defenses, a new authority figure, and a Kurt Angle update. Looks good :shifty:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'm actually watching the show right now and, shocker of shockers, it's not that bad. Although, I will say it's odd that TNA can't afford to pay their employees yet somehow have enough petty cash around to license Hole's "Doll Parts" for the Dollhouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It's the money they saved on have those two dudes pretend to be chicks in the dollhouse faction