• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TNA originals are NOT getting depushed!

dstebbins

It seems that, no matter how many times I address this issue in the threads where it gets brought up, there's always some noob who still says that TNA's original talent are getting buried in favor of WWE's names. Well, maybe if responding on a thread-by-thread basis won't work, perhaps creating an entire thread will. TNA's original talent have gotten a ton of pushes in recent months. In fact, I'll list TEN of them.

1. Chris Sabin just got out of one of the longest X-Division title reigns in TNA history, and it was his personal record. He lost only to a man we all wanted to see be champ: Jay Lethal.

2. Speaking of Jay Lethal, the fans got tired of him, and what did TNA do? They gave him a new gimmick that reinvigorated his charisma full force, in honor of his favorite wrestler of all time, "Macho Man" Randy Savage. In fact, I think Lethal himself had a little stroke in deciding his new gimmick, since Savage was his all-time favorite.

3. Christopher Daniels just became the number 1 contender for the X-Division title, and not only that, but he earned that spot in one of the best Ultimate X matches to date.

4. Speaking of Daniels, it seems that he, Senshi, and Elix Skipper are getting a big push since reuniting as XXX. They're undefeated as a tag team. Sure, their first win was against Serotonin, but when you beat a jobber, that only means you've got a bright near future.

5. James Storm just got a bigass win over Rhino, then humiliated him after the match by tieing him to the ropes and pouring beer into his mouth. Talk about making a statement.

6. Robert Rhoode and Eric Young have both gotten extremely over during their fued with each other. The people hate Robert Rhoode because he acts like an asshole, and they've fallen in love with Eric Young. In fact, I believe at one time, the fans chanted "Super Eric! *clap four times*."

7. "Wildcat" Chris Harris is in the main event now. In act, at Slammiversery, he was the first one to become eligible to win the match, and he only lost his match against Christian Cage due to a screwjob.

8. Abyss is in a MAJOR feud with the Christian Coalition, and now, he's in complete control of the feud. He gets to name any match he wants at Hard Justice. Now, I'm not going to tell you what match he chose in case you don't like spoilers, but let me say this: There will be no interference from any "WWE hand-me-downs" like Andrew Martin.

9. Austin Starr just got out of a good-sized feud with Bob Backlund. Last time I said this, I got flamed saying "Do you really think Bob Backlund is a credible wrestler to help someone's career?" Need I remind you that Bob Backlund happens to be something that is called a legend. He's up there with Harley Race, Ric Flair, Lou Thesz, Bret Hart, and all the greats. You wouldn't question someone's push if they were feuding with one of those, would you? Why would you question Backlunds credibility?

10. LAX just got out of two tag team title reigns that lasted a total of seven months. They appear to be turning face now, but at the time they were champs, they were one of, if not the most over heel tag team on the TNA roster.

There you have it. Ten ways that TNA's original talent are getting the exact opposite of buried, like so many of you claim. I'm sure you'd be hard pressed to find even five ways that the so-called "WWE rejects" are getting pushed.

Edit: Btw, this list was in completely random order.

hmmm, good list and its nice that there are still some people out there who will defend TNA. I disagree with LAX though, they will be facing VKM at Hard Justice, that is definately a de-push...

other than that though, I think you proved alot of people wrong, and if the rumors of Jeff Jarret winning the World Title are true, thats another person you can add to the list....unfortunately

Rell

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but Austin Aries was released by TNA. He's actually a full time Ring Of Honor wrestler...again. I would say Christopher Daniels is receiving a "de-push". He was quietly moving into the Main Event (heavyweight) scene, and now he's just another X-Division guy with face paint that doesn't really fit his persona. Other than that, I agree with your list, but you failed to mention all of the "WWE hand-me-downs" that are receiving major pushes, while guys like The Motor City Machine Guns are jobbing.

phantomgerald

Your view is one-sided. You talk about the TNA stars but what of Matt Bently and a1 who become jobbers in Seretonin. Plus compare the TNA originals and the WWE rejects and you can see that the WWE rejects are still getting a better push than the TNA originals.

Austin Starr A.K.A Austin Aries isn't even in TNA; He's now full time in ROH , so i don't know why you mentioned him.

What people try to say is that sure some of the Originals are getting pushed but not as near as much as the former WWE stars take Cage & Angle for example.

I think the whole he is TNA home grown talent so he should get a push or he shouldn't get a push because he is a WWE "reject" shouldn't really matter. it should really be based on there talent not where they come from.

dstebbins

Fine then, let's take a look at all the WWE rejects that are getting pushed.

Christian Cage
Tomko
Kurt Angle
Andrew Martin

Four WWE reject pushes vs. ten TNA original pushes (nine if you exclude Starr, though he could still be included in my list since he was a TNA original talent when he was getting pushed). It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know which side is getting more attention, in a ONE HOUR SHOW, may I add?

ok i have my own counter-points. first of all i would like to make one thing perfectly clear.... ANGLE AND CAGE ARE NOT WWE REJECTS!! Cage was a multi-time IC Champion and that was when the IC title ment something. Angle is a multi-time WWE/WHChampion. He was advertised as their best wrestler for YEARS!

second - theres really no such thing as a TNA Original. every person who has been with TNA from "Day 1" is really from ROH with the exception of Chris Harris and James Storm... and even they had deals with WCW. if it wasnt for ROH.... there would be no TNA.

third - Jay Lethal.... he has lots of talent but.... with him wearing all the pink and white and yellow squares and a really small shirt with a weird hat, glasses, and streamers.... just gives him alot of charisma doesnt? he really just over flows in machismo :) (i hope you caught the sarcasm there :p)

fourth - Chris Sabin.... yeah he did just have a great X Div run but A. right now the X Title doesnt mean anything, and B. he lost it only to be pushed in the background for a Tag Title run that wont happen for a long, long time.

fifth - as already stated, Austin (Starr/Aries) has been released by TNA. if thats not a De-Push.... idk what is :)

sixth - Triple X. we all know Daniels will get the X Belt but... what about the other two. their just kinda there. what has Triple X done so far? beat Serotonin? oh yeah thats a HUGE push isnt it?
6A. when you beat a Jobber, it doesnt mean you have a bright, near future... just look at Mark Henry.

seventh - all of the X Div are TNA "Originals". so if they are pushing the "Originals" what happened to Petey? has he been getting pushed? .... nope.... :)

so yeah... sure you had 10 points to make, but i pretty much just countered them all in 7. so if you look at the big picture.... TNA is De-Pushing TNA "Originals" and are pushing WWE "Rejects". i want to see the X Division. but they are no where to be seen. thats why i watch TNA and without the X Div.... alot of ppl will stop watching.

The Ripper

Your view is one-sided. You talk about the TNA stars but what of Matt Bently and a1 who become jobbers in Seretonin. Plus compare the TNA originals and the WWE rejects and you can see that the WWE rejects are still getting a better push than the TNA originals.

A1 isnt in Serotin Johnny Devine is along with Bentley and Kazarian.

Plus the Abyss match he gets to name will see Andrew Martin involved if i read it right

Rell

every person who has been with TNA from "Day 1" is really from ROH with the exception of Chris Harris and James Storm... and even they had deals with WCW. if it wasnt for ROH.... there would be no TNA.

That can actually be said about any wrestling promotion in the world. Ring Of Honor is only an Independent Promotion. Independent Promotions are for guys who are relatively unknown to train, become noticed, and hopefully sign with a big promotion in the process. Technically there is no such thing as "Home grown" talent, because every single wrestler competes in smaller organizations before they eventually sign with a major promotion (TNA, WWE, etc.)

dstebbins

ok i have my own counter-points. first of all i would like to make one thing perfectly clear.... ANGLE AND CAGE ARE NOT WWE REJECTS!! Cage was a multi-time IC Champion and that was when the IC title ment something. Angle is a multi-time WWE/WHChampion. He was advertised as their best wrestler for YEARS!
Yeah, I already know that. That's why I put "WWE rejects" in quotation marks. Other people consider them rejects.

second - theres really no such thing as a TNA Original. every person who has been with TNA from "Day 1" is really from ROH with the exception of Chris Harris and James Storm... and even they had deals with WCW. if it wasnt for ROH.... there would be no TNA.
This has already been addressed, so I'll more on.

third - Jay Lethal.... he has lots of talent but.... with him wearing all the pink and white and yellow squares and a really small shirt with a weird hat, glasses, and streamers.... just gives him alot of charisma doesnt? he really just over flows in machismo :) (i hope you caught the sarcasm there :p)
Are you saying Jay Lethal isn't over? Haven't you read the signs in St. Louis and Nashville? What about the pops he gets in house shows the nation over?

fourth - Chris Sabin.... yeah he did just have a great X Div run but A. right now the X Title doesnt mean anything, and B. he lost it only to be pushed in the background for a Tag Title run that wont happen for a long, long time.
People have been complaining about TNA burying origi -- oops I mean non-WWE -- talent long before Sabin lost his belt. And how are the Motor City Machine Guns jobbing full time? They've only been in one match since being officially announced as the MCMG, and that was against former tag team champions LAX.

fifth - as already stated, Austin (Starr/Aries) has been released by TNA. if thats not a De-Push.... idk what is :)
I'm pretty sure he left TNA on good terms. Perhaps the release was even mutual. He was getting a nice, hardy push before being released.

sixth - Triple X. we all know Daniels will get the X Belt but... what about the other two. their just kinda there. what has Triple X done so far? beat Serotonin? oh yeah thats a HUGE push isnt it?
6A. when you beat a Jobber, it doesnt mean you have a bright, near future... just look at Mark Henry.
XXX has only had two matches, yes, but they've only been around for three weeks. What could they POSSIBLY do in three weeks? They're obviously on a road to the tag team titles. Then, all three XXX members will have gold; Daniels the X champ and Senshi & Skipper the tag champs.

seventh - all of the X Div are TNA "Originals". so if they are pushing the "Originals" what happened to Petey? has he been getting pushed? .... nope.... :)
TNA only has one hour a week. They have to prioritize. Besides, you list one person (ONE person) who hasn't been seen in a while. What does that prove? Absolutely nothing.

so yeah... sure you had 10 points to make, but i pretty much just countered them all in 7.

And I've just countered the counter-points.

i agree somewhat, but you might want to go make this argument to Ron Killing... yeah because last time i checked he was getting depushed, actually he been pushed so far down the card he doest even make it on TV anymore.

Maybe "TNA originals" (as someone made a point earlier that theres nothing original about them), are getting a push in the sense that they aren't actually losing matches, but I want to start seeing them in the main event.

Bottom line, I don't want to see, nor care about Kurt Angle or his wife at this point. Thats not why I, or a lot of others watch TNA. Its funny, the best match on every iMPACT! card always seems to be the middle match. Last week it was Dutt/Lethal vs. LAX, and 2 weeks go it was MCM vs. LAX. Its ironic that instead of trying so hard to get ratings, all TNA has to do is put matches like the ones I mentioned in the ME and make them a tad longer. Just once I'd like to see a 15-18 min. Homicide vs. Chris Sabin match on an iMPACT! main event

So I'm kind of on the fence with this one. I don't think "TNA originals" are getting burried. Yet, I still think theres too much focus on old WWE talent (although Christian is very good).

dstebbins

i agree somewhat, but you might want to go make this argument to Ron Killing... yeah because last time i checked he was getting depushed, actually he been pushed so far down the card he doest even make it on TV anymore.

Ron Killings doesn't appear on TNA anymore for the same reason Austin Starr doesn't: He was released. His absence prior to his release was due to a legit injury, which he recovered from in time to have that match at Slammiversery.

Oh and btw, I know for a fact that, in the Truth's case, the release was mutual.

Maybe "TNA originals" (as someone made a point earlier that theres nothing original about them), are getting a push in the sense that they aren't actually losing matches, but I want to start seeing them in the main event.

Bottom line, I don't want to see, nor care about Kurt Angle or his wife at this point. Thats not why I, or a lot of others watch TNA. Its funny, the best match on every iMPACT! card always seems to be the middle match. Last week it was Dutt/Lethal vs. LAX, and 2 weeks go it was MCM vs. LAX. Its ironic that instead of trying so hard to get ratings, all TNA has to do is put matches like the ones I mentioned in the ME and make them a tad longer. Just once I'd like to see a 15-18 min. Homicide vs. Chris Sabin match on an iMPACT! main event

So I'm kind of on the fence with this one. I don't think "TNA originals" are getting burried. Yet, I still think theres too much focus on old WWE talent (although Christian is very good).

Believe it or not, you've GOT TNA originals in the main event. Look back at the King of the Mountain match. A majority of the wrestlers in that match had never worked for WWE in any form other than on a one night stand (no sexual reference intended). Also, as I already said, the first man to become eligible to win the match was a TNA original.