TNA Might Quit the PPV Business

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Reaction score
While this is a good business decision, it gives the image that TNA might be in serious financial trouble and thats not good. I think this is a smart move however and I wouldn't mind them at least reducing the PPV schedule so they stop bleeding money

Double J

Reaction score
Ask yourself this: Damn this is a great match. PPV worthy even. Why couldn't they keep this for PPV instead of showing it for free on TV? This is a problem. TNA SHOULD NOT have to show these matches on TV, when all in all they could put these matches on PPV and garner more PPV buys. They do this so they can gather more of a fanbase, they had 8 years to gather a fanbase before Hogan and Bischoff.

Not sure if you're trying to argue with me or agreeing with me but we're pretty much saying the same thing. Problem is even if TNA put this high quality matches on free TV to try and gain more of a fanbase they still failed since they didn't hype it in anyway. TNA Impact starts, a few promos happen then Hogan says "Oh by the way brother, we're gonna see RVD vs Styles here tonight for the first time!" Do they really think people that are watching at home are gonna start calling friends to tell them to turn to TNA to see this match? They were better off at least promoting it up a few weeks to gain some more viewers for it instead of the matches being on a spur of the moment like they were.

sayntsfan

Reaction score
TNA should goto a 6 ppv per year schedule, 3 in orlando 3 in cities like atlanta, nashville, memphis, new orleans, dallas, or charlotte. continue with there 3 impacts at Universal studios then have 1 live show from a traveling loop. essentially building a territory.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
While this is a good business decision, it gives the image that TNA might be in serious financial trouble and thats not good. I think this is a smart move however and I wouldn't mind them at least reducing the PPV schedule so they stop bleeding money

So much for the fact that you've stated many times before that TNA has been making a profit for years.

G 3

Reaction score
So much for the fact that you've stated many times before that TNA has been making a profit for years.

TNA's revenue in 2009 was around $15,000,000. They probably aren't in debt so they probably did have some sort of profit.

WWE's revenue in 2009 was $475,161,000.

Reaction score
Maybe if TNA's booking was competent, with simple feuds and stories that took advantage of the wrestlers that can wrestle and entertain and who people actually want to see do so, it might intrigue and excite the existing audience and through word of mouth new people would give the promotion either a look or another chance to draw them in and ppv sales might, oh I don't know, INCREASE?

While I agree that 12 ppvs a year are about 6 or so too many, TNA still refuses to look in the right direction when placing blame on their lack of prosperity.