TNA looking to utilise former world champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Don't know what's sadder Arquette, who recently divorced and hasn't done shit in a couple of years or TNA, for being TNA.

Reaction score
TNA is more sad. They actually have talent. Whereas Arquette never had a shred of talent or ability at all.

Airfixx

Reaction score
If they last long enough, in time, TNA will prove significantly worse.... At least WCW had their 'moment in the sun'.

nation

Reaction score
If they last long enough, in time, TNA will prove significantly worse.... At least WCW had their 'moment in the sun'.

This proves you just hate TNA. Is it bad? Yes it is in my opinion as I've mentioned before I dislike both TNA and the WWE at the moment. Is it anywhere near as bad as WCW was at it's worst with the shockmaster, the Yeti, etc? Fuck no. It's actually better then it used to be when Russo wasn't being controlled.

Axis

Reaction score
This proves you just hate TNA. Is it bad? Yes it is in my opinion as I've mentioned before I dislike both TNA and the WWE at the moment. Is it anywhere near as bad as WCW was at it's worst with the shockmaster, the Yeti, etc? Fuck no. It's actually better then it used to be when Russo wasn't being controlled.

Your example of WCW being bad was 1994-95? That is not even CLOSE to WCW at it's worst. In fact, that period was very exciting for WCW as it brought Nitro to life. I'm guessing you didn't watch WCW, as your ignorant comments reveal. Yes, Hogan vs Dungeon of Doom produced some horrible moments. But it also produced a very entertaining feud in Savage vs Luger through '95. Plus those years had the first Sting vs Four Forsemen feud on primetime television for the world to see. It featured tons of great stuff from Guerrero, Benoit, and Malenko every week on Nitro in matches that would lay the groundwork for WCW's historic cruiserweight division. If you're going to say that TNA is better than period of WCW, then at least bring legitimate points to the table. WCW 2000? Okay, then we can have a discussion. But at this point you've let it be known that you don't know what you're talking about, so you should probably leave the real discussion to those of us that know what we're talking about. I hear there's mashed potatoes at the kids' table though, so go chew on that.

nation

Reaction score
Your example of WCW being bad was 1994-95? That is not even CLOSE to WCW at it's worst. In fact, that period was very exciting for WCW as it brought Nitro to life. I'm guessing you didn't watch WCW, as your ignorant comments reveal. Yes, Hogan vs Dungeon of Doom produced some horrible moments. But it also produced a very entertaining feud in Savage vs Luger through '95. Plus those years had the first Sting vs Four Forsemen feud on primetime television for the world to see. It featured tons of great stuff from Guerrero, Benoit, and Malenko every week on Nitro in matches that would lay the groundwork for WCW's historic cruiserweight division. If you're going to say that TNA is better than period of WCW, then at least bring legitimate points to the table. WCW 2000? Okay, then we can have a discussion. But at this point you've let it be known that you don't know what you're talking about, so you should probably leave the real discussion to those of us that know what we're talking about. I hear there's mashed potatoes at the kids' table though, so go chew on that.

It's 1995. I never said I was comparing years. I specifically just mentioned segments and angles that were absolutely horrid in WCW. TNA will never reach as bad as that. During the time frame of the Yeti's debut Nitro and WCW wasn't looking all that good actually. It quickly changed though like you mentioned with Savage vs. Luger, high quality matches featuring Benoit, Guerrero, Maleno, and others like you said. Looking at the year of 1995 in WCW, yes it was indeed a great year. Actually one of my favorite years from WCW. As for the WCW 2000 argument, it really it unnecessary to have this discussion.

Axis

Reaction score
You cannot judge a product from items that you pick and choose. You have to look at the product wholesale. People do not watch programming based on what happened in 2003, some stuff from 2006, and then the title scene in 2010. A discussion about that is moot. And the Luger SHADES OF GREY~ began before the Yeti debuted, so that is simply a factual error on your part. It is incorrect to say that "it changed" with Savage vs Luger when, in fact, that whole program was there first.

nation

Reaction score
You cannot judge a product from items that you pick and choose. You have to look at the product wholesale. People do not watch programming based on what happened in 2003, some stuff from 2006, and then the title scene in 2010. A discussion about that is moot. And the Luger SHADES OF GREY~ began before the Yeti debuted, so that is simply a factual error on your part. It is incorrect to say that "it changed" with Savage vs Luger when, in fact, that whole program was there first.

It turns out that Luger vs. Savage was indeed on the card the night the Yeti made his debut. However, was it anywhere near the peak of it's rivalry? This is a legitimate question btw. I'm just guessing from the length of the match they had from that night it wasn't. My bad but elsewhere the product wasn't so top notch looking at the card for Halloween Havoc 1995. At least for that month it looked pretty bad but the following month things turned around with Sting vs. Flair, the continuing Luger vs. Savage and Savage winning the belt. Comparing it wholesale, TNA in 2010 vs. WCW 1995 is no comparison.

Reaction score
People seem to forget that the Yetti lasted all of four appearances. It's not like he was constantly pushed down throats like Jeff Jarrett was for the first 5 years of TNA's existence, Eric Young's undeserved, yet relentless pushes. Joe getting jerked over despite being the most over guy on the roster from 06-08, the mismanagement of the X division, the bastardization of a tag division with 7,000 MCMG-Gen Me or 9,000 Beer Money-MCMG matches. Pushes of non talents like Matt Morgan. Title reigns of unreliable WWE refuse like Jeff Hardy and RVD and the ratings failures associated with them both. TNA NOW is worse than any period of WCW history, easily. WCW, while a poor product once Russo took control of it till it's dying days was still TNT's highest rated product, the plug was pulled on it because it was hemorrhaging money and it was now owned by the largest media corporation on the planet that found wrestling to be unsuitable for it's networks. TNA is in a relative state, it just doesn't have as much money to lose, but it has never had half the ratings WCW had in their worst days. If people want to compare TNA to something closer to what it is, find out who Herb Abrams and his UWF is. And don't get it confused with the legendary UWF ran by Bill Watts. TNA is the modern day UWF and Dixie Carter is the modern day Herb Abrams .

Axis

Reaction score
It turns out that Luger vs. Savage was indeed on the card the night the Yeti made his debut. However, was it anywhere near the peak of it's rivalry? This is a legitimate question btw. I'm just guessing from the length of the match they had from that night it wasn't. My bad but elsewhere the product wasn't so top notch looking at the card for Halloween Havoc 1995. At least for that month it looked pretty bad but the following month things turned around with Sting vs. Flair, the continuing Luger vs. Savage and Savage winning the belt. Comparing it wholesale, TNA in 2010 vs. WCW 1995 is no comparison.

Yes, the Luger stuff started the very first Ntro when he interrupted Sting vs Flair and then went on to challenge Hogan at the end of the show. His whole SHADES OF GREY~ storyline that WCW went on to replicate time and time again began then, made a swerve with his turn at Halloween Havoc, and concluded perhaps with his realignment with the Horsemen.

I started a WCW Nitro review a while back on another forum, maybe I'll re-post what I have and re-start the series.