TNA looking to hold ECW only live events...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
Partial Source: Prowrestling.net

TNA officials have discussed the possibility of holding select house show events featuring former ECW talent in markets where the defunct promotion was most popular. The feeling amongst those pushing for it is that the ECW alumni will work cheap, thus resulting in a profitable venture for the company.

However, it doesn't appear that officials have mentioned the venture to those contacted for Hard Justice. It should be noted though that both Tommy Dreamer and Terry Taylor have asked ECW talents who have been contacted what their work schedules are like following the PPV. Tommy Dreamer is said to be the lead-man behind everything ECW in TNA these days.

We'll keep you posted as we get more but please take this only as a RUMOR right now.

Do I think the idea of focusing events around ECW guys a bad idea? Yes
Do I completely understand and agree with the reasoning behind this idea? Yes

As much as I hate TNA "originals" and young guys getting pushed to the back every time Hogan brings in old guys I have to admit that this couldn't really hurt them as long as it is some house shows only, and with ECW guys already being use to being paid little amounts of money(low blow, I know) this could at least bring in TNA a little more.....for them to throw at Hardy and RVD, etc, etc...

Reaction score
It's not that ECW was popular just because of hardcore wrestling. It was popular because of awesome storylines, fresh faecs and good fucking wrestling. TNA could give these fans what they wanted if only they had an ownership group that realized that whom they have in charge isn't working. They have young fresh faces that could give these fans great wrestling, but now they just need someone to write the awesome storylines. And you don't have to go and get Paul Heyman, give some proven creative wrestlers a chance. Give Foley the chance, he has a bright mind for the business and he knows how to entertain on different stages. Give Raven a shot, give Dreamer some shine. Bring in JR once he's freed up. There's alot they can do, but Dixie is too smitten with start power to realize it doesn't work these days, hence all this ECW rehash she's trying to profit off of.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I wonder how long before they skirt around copyrights and come out with Eckstreme Championship Wrestling.

Putting aside the fact that this once again just pushes aside the guys who put TNA on the map, this is just a stupid idea.

Reaction score
I don't understand why TNA would run shows that aren't true representations of what they're actual company is. Or maybe this is a true representation of TNA, recycling old stuff that has been done a couple times over. I'm still trying to think up the lame name for ECW they come up with if they actually try this.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I wouldnt put it past them to call it Xtreme Wrestling

Airfixx

Reaction score
Can't wait for the NWO/WCW houseshows to kick off.

F-A-I-L.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
lol

I suppose they figured they weren't pissing away enough money already.

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see if TNA ran these shows out of the ECW Arena and see how that affects indy companies that run out of there, in the sense of booking the building and fan turnout.