TNA TNA Looking To Bring In Outside Investors, New Partners

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
chriscandido
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Mike Johnson from PWInsider.com said:
Over the past week, PWInsider.com has heard multiple reports that TNA was seeking outside investors to come on board with the company. We had also heard that President Dixie Carter was seen in Los Angeles specifically for those meetings, including one at the Pop offices.

We reached out earlier this week, requesting comment from TNA. This evening, TNA Executive Vice President,Creative & Talent Relations John Gaburick returned PWInsider.com's request for comment via telephone.

When asked whether the company was seeking outside investors, Gaburick confirmed that was the case, noting, "TNA has been in in strategic partnership talks with several major global media companies and investment firms about the company's next phase of growth."

Gabrick, as you might imagine given the nature of the ongoing conversations, would not confirm who any potential partners were.

Gaburick did confirm that Carter was in Los Angeles for meetings, adding that she and the "TNA Executive team" have spent a lot of time of late not just in LA but also in New York City. Gaburick noted, "TNA CEO Dixie Carter has talked in recent media interviews about the company's execution of its 5 year growth plan" and that the meetings were in line with making those plans happen, adding, "It's a very exciting time for TNA."

Gaburick declined comment when asked for additional details, again citing that conversations were ongoing.

Why is TNA looking for investors?

As far as why the company is looking for investors, it's this simple: Dixie Carter wants the company to be bigger. She wants TNA to have a bigger piece of the pie. TNA, in it's current state (we've heard the company has severely cut back on office space in the last few months and cut talents who were originally scheduled for the UK tour from that tour), can't do that. TNA is stuck where they are and while that might keep them going, it's not going to make the company profitable long-term. So, they are looking for ways to build the company up. TNA claims to have a five-year plan for their future. An infusion of capital will help them achieve whatever that plan is. A new partner coming on board and taking a percentage of the company will help them achieve that.

Where's Panda Energy?

As we've written about in the past here on PWInsider.com, all TNA operations and all TNA paychecks, etc. are now coming out of Nashville, TN. The belief is that while Panda may still be an owner in name, they are not actively involved in any aspect of TNA operations going forward, nor are they continuing to fund the company. It is believed that this went down around the same time when Jeff Jarrett was bought out of his minority stake in the company last year. By all accounts, Panda has not been fronting the bills for some time.

I thought the new TV deals overseas were helping?

They are helping. They can keep the company afloat, but Dixie Carter wants to be a player and she can't be with what she has to work with at the moment. So, they are looking for potential outside investments and partnerships. Whether there will be a deal and whether it can help TNA, we will see.

Who are they talking to?

Obviously, TNA isn't going to say who they are talking to, but we've heard one group was based in the UK and we know they've met with others in LA and NY, including meetings at the Pop Network.

Is TNA for sale?

Everyone I've spoken to around TNA has been careful to say they are looking for partners, but let's call a spade a spade - if someone came along with the right price, even if Dixie Carter wasn't initially looking to sell, she'd consider it, as would anyone, if the right offer came along. John Gaburick repeatedly said, however, they were looking for a "strategic partner", not a new owner...and Dixie Carter has turned down sale offers before. However, to me, this is a big TBD.

Any speculation on who you feel may be an Investor to TNA? Word about Wale/Rick Ross possibly wanting to start or purchase a promotion coming out around the same time as this about TNA. One would have to think they would work. But in all seriousness, I don't understand why TNA needs to battle against the WWE when they can carve out their own niche in the world of Sports Entertainment/Wrestling and just learn to coexist. These UK Tapings were some really solid shows and I am looking forward to see what the future is for TNA and IMPACT Wrestling.

Jay

Reaction score
TNA could be a great company if they decided to lower their budget, higher their talent standards, and built around EC3 as a top guy, and build more guys like EC3. If they could be happy with slow growth then they could be successful.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Need to get rid of that stench of failure that this company evokes.

I made a blueprint for this company years ago. Lucha Underground seemed to take it.

Hired_Merc

Reaction score
The production is awful imo, commentary sucks and the way TNA handles business is awful. Those three things are the why people don't want to watch it. That and Matt Hardy.

I've been watching TNA this year, it's actually good. The matches and stories are actually pretty decent. But it's very hard to get past the three things I mentioned.. and Matt Hardy.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Twitter troll and Iconic Matt Hardy is the only part worth watching.

Maxwell Hardy is rookie of the year.

Dan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
chriscandido
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
I have to agree, Matt Hardy is doing a great job as a Heel World Champion. It's going to make the payoff that much better when a Face finally takes the Championship away from him. About the commentary, I just wish Josh Matthews would be himself. It feels like he's trying too hard. When he was in the WWE, he didn't sound as forced and it sounded more natural. Now it seems like even the smallest thing he is trying to hype it as the most important thing to happen in TNA history. If the company continues on it's current path I think they could be successful, they just need to understand that they won't be able to go against the WWE overnight. That's what brought them to where they are in the first place. They thought they could compete with the WWE but it just won't happen. I honestly don't think it will ever happen. It doesn't matter, they can try to bring in different investors but no matter what the WWE will always be ahead of them.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
We have GOD as a champion in 2016.

Hired_Merc

Reaction score
Honestly didn't think people enjoyed Matt Hardy. Although only real thing I dislike is fact he's world champion and his in-ring skills are sloppy as hell.

Dan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
chriscandido
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
I just think he's doing the right things when it comes to getting heat and when EC3 or whomever is built up to take that belt it's going to be a great thing for the company going forward.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
deezy putting Fatt hardy in the same convo as GOD :sodone:

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Jay

Reaction score
@Deezy I would like to see that....

@Dan, Josh has to hype everyhing as being huge cause TNA needs to seem likes its a big deal.

Dan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
chriscandido
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
@Jay I just feel like every episode TNA is trying to act as if the person watching is a first time viewer. Which alienate's some of their current audience and makes the hype feel forced instead of organic like it should be. Watching the Kurt Angle replays last night made me miss Mike Tenay cause he was able to walk that line properly.