TNA Impact Wrestling 1st August 2013 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Decided to catch the very end just to see who the guy was and ended up being the guy I thought it was after reading Rampage was gonna fight Tito in Bellator, lol. Crowd seemed so underwhelmed and his theme song is terrible.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
It's because SPIKE TV is showing BELLATOR for the first time I think in November, correct me if I'm wrong.

But they're using iMPACT Wrestling to try fucking hype it. Idiots.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ok since we found out Tito was in Bellator, kind of a foregone conclusion on who the mystery guy was going to be. I find it funny that TNA is banking on some sort of exposure from guys in a company that draws less viewers than they do.

I also, think Spike and Bellator use TNA as a dangled carrot in signing big name guys in MMA. Like "hey we can get you some bookings in TNA, their office are suckers and will give you five figures for one segment with little physicality while you are between training."

LOLTNA

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's because SPIKE TV is showing BELLATOR for the first time I think in November, correct me if I'm wrong.

But they're using iMPACT Wrestling to try fucking hype it. Idiots.

Spikes been airing Bellator cards for months now.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I feel like this thread got far more attention then TNA deserves. That is all.

Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *pauses* hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Got damn that pop was insane, I had to take out my earsphones.... Said no-one.

How in the world is this company making a "profit" which Dixie Carter loves to claim.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
What a let down by TNA. Only reason they've likely bought Tito in is to promote the upcoming Bellator fight between him and Rampage.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Decided to catch the very end just to see who the guy was and ended up being the guy I thought it was after reading Rampage was gonna fight Tito in Bellator, lol. Crowd seemed so underwhelmed and his theme song is terrible.

Crowd though it was some random Mexican

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So I just watched the ending on Youtube and jesus christ that was friggin' AWFUL. The crowd was just like .... even though I enjoyed the lighting and his instrumental.

It's sad that both TNA and Bellator are having to rely on one another in an attempt to improve their ratings. TNA is basically going to provide the heat and buildup for the Rampage/Tito fight and they're not even going to get any off the payoff, it's pretty damn laughable.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
If the advertising on Spike didn't do anything to draw in more ratings for either Impact or Bellator, I don't see how this could have anything to do with promotion, and if it is, maybe the Aug1 warnings shouldn't have had Tito in the dark as it may have generated some discussion on the net to get a ratings increase, maybe even ran the story for more than a week, like WWE just did with RVD.

I don't mind MMA guys being in TNA, their first champion was Shamrock, but my problem lies with them coming in for a payday, and doing nothing.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Have only watched the reveal and it was pretty weak, crowd was dead for it and the 10 guys ringside didn't sell it well. No idea what Anderson was doing or why the director kept cutting back to him. Ortiz should have at least said something when he was standing on the ramp, no need for a mic just point at some people in the ring and start trash talking rather than standing there mute with your arms crossed.

Reading the results is anyone else confused as to why Manik is walking around unmasked for backstage segments? I don't see the point in him masking up anymore since it has been revealed it was him, stop reminding people that it is TJ Perkins under there. Was also surprised that the big champion vs. champion match occured earlier in the show and didn't really go that long. Mainevent sounded really good though.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Reading the results is anyone else confused as to why Manik is walking around unmasked for backstage segments? I don't see the point in him masking up anymore since it has been revealed it was him, stop reminding people that it is TJ Perkins under there.
From what I remember and i'm basically paraphrasing, I think he said the character was his escape or his alter-ego or something where he could go and be who he wants. Something along those lines, you get the jist.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
From what I remember and i'm basically paraphrasing, I think he said the character was his escape or his alter-ego or something where he could go and be who he wants. Something along those lines, you get the jist.

I still find it weird even if it is his alter-ego, surely down the line he drops it and wrestles as himself and doesn't require the mask and persona to "hulk up" as it were.