Tista's Life will now be a fail

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
WZ said:
Former WWE star Batista recently confirmed a WrestleZone exclusive report when he told TMZ.com that he will be fighting for Strikeforce. "I'm done with WWE," said the former WWE Champion. He was then asked if he'd be fighting for UFC and he responded by saying "Strikeforce." When asked about his opponent, Batista said, "I know, but I'm not telling you." You can read our exclusive report revealing Batista's claim that he has a 2 fight MMA deal by CLICKING HERE.

tistafail

G 3

Reaction score
The report on that link seems to say Batista isn't actually going to be fighting. I think he's too old to be very successful. I'll watch his fight, for comedic purposes only.

Reaction score
his training will be punching and squashing basketballs in the gym :D Go BATISTA!! you are the best!

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Many false reports came out, he is not signed with Strikeforce, atleast not yet.

Spokesperson: No Strikeforce deal for WWE's Batista right now
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jun 21, 2010 at 11:40 am ET
Despite a rash of recent reports, former World Wrestling Entertainment performer "Batista" (David Bautista Jr.) has not signed with Strikeforce.

The 41-year-old aspiring MMA fighter "definitely has not signed" with the organization, Strikeforce spokesperson Mike Afromowitz today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Numerous reports of the supposed signing popped up this morning after TMZ.com issued a story quoting Bautista as having a deal.

Afromowitz declined to comment on anything beyond the denial of a signed deal. But additional sources told MMAjunkie.com officials have had informal talks with Bautista and may eventually offer a contract.

They stressed, though, that no such deal is imminent.

Bautista began on the pro-wrestling circuit in 2000 and joined the WWE in 2002. Although once one of the organization's most marketable stars, he cut ties with the WWE in May.

He could join UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and Strikeforce heavyweight Bobby Lashley as WWE vets who eventually made the move to MMA.

Although slightly smaller than his "billed" wrestling height of 6-foot-6 and weight of 290 pounds, Bautista would compete in MMA's heavyweight division. If the wrestler does sign with the California-based promotion, a bout with NFL veteran Herschel Walker, who made his MMA debut with Stikeforce early this year, could be a possibility given its marketability and both fighters' limited cage experience.

Reaction score
Well...At least it's better than Dwayne "Can I star in ANOTHER kiddie movie so I can become the next Eddie Murphy" Johnson's career choices post-WWE

Airfixx

Reaction score
Well...At least it's better than Dwayne "Can I star in ANOTHER kiddie movie so I can become the next Eddie Murphy" Johnson's career choices post-WWE

Maybe re-assess that when he get's his deluded ass handed to him in a matter of seconds. lol

I have no time for MMA, but I'd eagerly order his debut match. LULZ-tastic!

Reaction score
Maybe re-assess that when he get's his deluded ass handed to him in a matter of seconds. lol

I have no time for MMA, but I'd eagerly order his debut match. LULZ-tastic!
Spinebuster! SPEAR! Powerbomb! RPG entrance ramp!! can not wait for his debut :p
After losing his bout, and during the post fight conference; he will ask for his "REMATCH" =D

Reaction score
Lesnar and Lashley had decent amateur wrestling backgrounds before moving into the MMA world (Lesnar's pedigree obviously more impressive than Lashley's). Does Batista think that just because he's huge he can fight?

I agree, this has fail written all over it.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
Strikeforce should have a sideshow division for has-beens in other sports. Batista, Herschel Walker and talk of Jose Canseco. WTF is Scott Coker thinking.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Until I see him in the action, I can't call it a fail just yet. Herschel Walker is damn near 50 and looked great in his match. Lashley and Lesnar both have done well also.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
"Although slightly smaller than his "billed" wrestling height of 6-foot-6 and weight of 290 pounds, Bautista would compete in MMA's heavyweight division. If the wrestler does sign with the California-based promotion, a bout with NFL veteran Herschel Walker, who made his MMA debut with Stikeforce early this year, could be a possibility given its marketability and both fighters' limited cage experience. "

Freaking Herschel Walker still exists?!