Tista's Life will now be a fail

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Until I see him in the action, I can't call it a fail just yet. Herschel Walker is damn near 50 and looked great in his match. Lashley and Lesnar both have done well also.

All three of those guys had a wrestling or martial arts (Walker has a 5th degree black-belt in Tae Kwon Do) background going in, and Walker is just a physical freak of nature with his fitness regimen. Batista is going in there totally cold, no martial arts training whatsoever. I think it's going to be ugggggly.

Reaction score
All three of those guys had a wrestling or martial arts (Walker has a 5th degree black-belt in Tae Kwon Do) background going in, and Walker is just a physical freak of nature with his fitness regimen. Batista is going in there totally cold, no martial arts training whatsoever. I think it's going to be ugggggly.

I disagree, Batista has a martial arts background. It is the called Eskrima. A brutal martial art FYI.

Reaction score
Interesting, I didn't know Batista ever trained in that, and I didn't even know what it is. A quick google search tells me this though:

"Eskrima or escrima refers to a class of Filipino martial arts that emphasize weapon-based fighting with the stick, staff or knife."

So even though it might helps his hand-eye coordination and physical fitness, I still don't see much use of it in an MMA setting.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^They don't have foreign objects in MMA? ....Someone had better tell big dayyyyve quick!

NinoBrown

Reaction score
He has a background in break dancing. He can showcase that after he wins a match. Look out GSP!

hndsmepete

Reaction score
Batista claimed to have signed a deal with Strikeforce & the owner immediately came out and said it was not true. Batista can't fight, he is too old to start & has no natural ability or training in amateur wrestling, boxing or legitimate martial art. Batista can't transition & legitimately compete in any MMA group. Kurt Angle would have a better chance at it, even with all his physical problems (neck especially). Batista will either go running back to the WWE in a year, make low budget action movies or just disappear.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
Batista claimed to have signed a deal with Strikeforce & the owner immediately came out and said it was not true. Batista can't fight, he is too old to start & has no natural ability or training in amateur wrestling, boxing or legitimate martial art. Batista can't transition & legitimately compete in any MMA group. Kurt Angle would have a better chance at it, even with all his physical problems (neck especially). Batista will either go running back to the WWE in a year, make low budget action movies or just disappear.