The WS Mental Health and Empathy Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kenoh

Better Off Dead.
Reaction score
Here's the update post appointment: My doctor has changed my prescription. Rather than boosting me to the max of my current anti-depressents/anxiety meds, they changed the type and I'll need to gradually switch by taking both. So it'll be medication roulette tomorrow, hope I don't f it up..
Were you taking a SSRI, MAOI, or TCA,a nd then they changed it to another?

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Were you taking a SSRI, MAOI, or TCA,a nd then they changed it to another?

I genuinely have no idea. I'm not in the study of medicine and only have a minor in psychology. When we need info on that in court, we pay an expert. All I know is that it's changing. I think I mentioned what I took once to one of your roommates, not sure if it was Charlie or Alexa, but one of them.

Reactions: Kenoh

Kenoh

Better Off Dead.
Reaction score
I genuinely have no idea. I'm not in the study of medicine and only have a minor in psychology. When we need info on that in court, we pay an expert. All I know is that it's changing. I think I mentioned what I took once to one of your roommates, not sure if it was Charlie or Alexa, but one of them.
Ah, I didn't know if you knew or not. I am currently on Zoloft, I think it is called, and it has helped me a lot.

Reactions: Rosie

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Here's the update post appointment: My doctor has changed my prescription. Rather than boosting me to the max of my current anti-depressents/anxiety meds, they changed the type and I'll need to gradually switch by taking both. So it'll be medication roulette tomorrow, hope I don't f it up. Sadly I didn't really have time to ask about a potential autism diagnosis, but I know I have a follow-up appointment sometime next month.

She also highly recommended therapy, but once again, I am in a position in which I can't afford it, and I know my family won't be able to afford it as well. So other than that is some general things like "Go out of the house" (GEE! IF ONLY I COULD AFFORD TO DO STUFF OUT OF THE HOUSE!) and "Work on your job hunt, accept anything." and etc. She also recommended hobbies to explore some more, ideally ones with people involved too.

I guess all of this is more a baby step forward, just sadly I don't think it was as much as I'd like.
Do you have health insurance

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Do you have health insurance

Nope. Was off my parent's insurance because I was out of the house long enough. Then... can't pay insurance without money-

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Here's the update post appointment: My doctor has changed my prescription. Rather than boosting me to the max of my current anti-depressents/anxiety meds, they changed the type and I'll need to gradually switch by taking both. So it'll be medication roulette tomorrow, hope I don't f it up. Sadly I didn't really have time to ask about a potential autism diagnosis, but I know I have a follow-up appointment sometime next month.

She also highly recommended therapy, but once again, I am in a position in which I can't afford it, and I know my family won't be able to afford it as well. So other than that is some general things like "Go out of the house" (GEE! IF ONLY I COULD AFFORD TO DO STUFF OUT OF THE HOUSE!) and "Work on your job hunt, accept anything." and etc. She also recommended hobbies to explore some more, ideally ones with people involved too.

I guess all of this is more a baby step forward, just sadly I don't think it was as much as I'd like.
Where you see "baby step forward" and wish for more I only see the latter 2 words.

STEP FORWARD. Better than nothing and you're on the path to continue your path to being in a better place.

If you are worried about f'n up the meds might I suggest one of those pill organizers. This way you can set it once and not worry about getting it wrong. That or set reminders with the name of the medication each day on your phone.

Reactions: Doom and Kenoh

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Where you see "baby step forward" and wish for more I only see the latter 2 words.

STEP FORWARD. Better than nothing and you're on the path to continue your path to being in a better place.

If you are worried about f'n up the meds might I suggest one of those pill organizers. This way you can set it once and not worry about getting it wrong. That or set reminders with the name of the medication each day on your phone.

It's more I'm having to take the current one I'm in a smaller amount for two weeks, then less for another week or two before going fully on the other.

Reactions: Storm Trooper

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Worst thing that can happen to you: realising that a friend was lying to you all along, making up some bizarre invented reality. And rather than face responsibility, they'd prefer to run away in the hope of restarting as a different person and doing the same old thing.

Some people here know exactly who and what I'm talking about

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Just a heads up. Maybe I’ll be feeling better in the morning idk. But if I’m not around for a little bit, don’t worry about me. I’m just trying to get in a better mood and headspace. If anyone needs anything, a few people here have ways to reach me, so let them know and they can get the message to me if it’s something important. You could also PM me, and I’ll get an email about it. Thanks.

Dustin001

Reaction score
I wish I had the courage to commit suicide, I scare ppl off all the time, im tired of being alone

The Gurricane

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
I wish I had the courage to commit suicide, I scare ppl off all the time, im tired of being alone
Dustin,

I plan on bookmarking this thread in case of messages like this. February 20th was awhile ago, and while you may not remember this message, you should at least know someone cares enough to write to you. I came into this thread with the idea of complaining about my two job and the burnout it causes me, but honestly? That's not a big deal. What is a big deal is a new friend on the forum, and welcoming them into the fold through friendship and common interests.

So while the feeling of being alone sucks, know that you have a pretty sweet support system in WrestlingSmarks. I've made some great peers here that make me want to check the site daily. You'll find that same commodity sooner then you think.

Courage is a strong word, a bold proclamation that has had it's meaning sullied by multiple groups. "Courage" is such a vague concept these days, however, suicide does not take courage. Don't feel like you're obligated to live, enjoy it. Your hands have so much untapped potential, and your want for change is nearly bursting out of you, so use those hands and make this blank canvas of a world your masterpiece.

You're brave, you desire success and growth, and you've gained one person rooting for you homie. You've lived some of your worst days, yet you remain. Last year I had to many ups and downs to list, but eventually found my tribe, my people who need me, that I can also get support from, and now a pretty packed schedule to avoid obsessing over my weaknesses and mistakes in my life.

It's 3:00 AM, so excuse the rant, but I do hope this helps you in some way, and if I haven't said it before, welcome to the forum. Feel free to post here more if you need or hit up my DMs if you ever need anything or just want to shoot the shit. This applies for all members of the site. Y'all be safe now!

Dustin001

Reaction score
Dustin,

I plan on bookmarking this thread in case of messages like this. February 20th was awhile ago, and while you may not remember this message, you should at least know someone cares enough to write to you. I came into this thread with the idea of complaining about my two job and the burnout it causes me, but honestly? That's not a big deal. What is a big deal is a new friend on the forum, and welcoming them into the fold through friendship and common interests.

So while the feeling of being alone sucks, know that you have a pretty sweet support system in WrestlingSmarks. I've made some great peers here that make me want to check the site daily. You'll find that same commodity sooner then you think.

Courage is a strong word, a bold proclamation that has had it's meaning sullied by multiple groups. "Courage" is such a vague concept these days, however, suicide does not take courage. Don't feel like you're obligated to live, enjoy it. Your hands have so much untapped potential, and your want for change is nearly bursting out of you, so use those hands and make this blank canvas of a world your masterpiece.

You're brave, you desire success and growth, and you've gained one person rooting for you homie. You've lived some of your worst days, yet you remain. Last year I had to many ups and downs to list, but eventually found my tribe, my people who need me, that I can also get support from, and now a pretty packed schedule to avoid obsessing over my weaknesses and mistakes in my life.

It's 3:00 AM, so excuse the rant, but I do hope this helps you in some way, and if I haven't said it before, welcome to the forum. Feel free to post here more if you need or hit up my DMs if you ever need anything or just want to shoot the shit. This applies for all members of the site. Y'all be safe now!
Thank you so much, I needed this right now,

weareOSW

Reaction score
Worst thing that can happen to you: realising that a friend was lying to you all along, making up some bizarre invented reality. And rather than face responsibility, they'd prefer to run away in the hope of restarting as a different person and doing the same old thing.

Some people here know exactly who and what I'm talking about
I recently had something similar to this happen. A guy I fell out with wanted to become friends again, and he seemed apologetic for his behavior so I accepted. It wasn't long before he turned on me and attempted to take another friend with him, and succeeded. I'm baffled by the whole thing, to be honest. I've spent the best part of a few weeks trying to figure out why. That's the problem with online friendships, I suppose.

weareOSW

Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear that.

You don't know me, but if you ever need to talk, chat shit, play some games or talk some wrestling then hit me up, man.

Reactions: Doom