The Walking Dead Official Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
YESSSSSSSSSSSS. The Walking Dead finally returns tonight. Can't wait! Gonna be so good to see what happens next and judging by the previews, second half gets even better and more intense.

(Don't wanna spoil as Troy is watching only season 2 atm.)

@Troy - Yes. They do add some interesting characters.

You can spoil if you want, the tv section allows spoilers in threads so that people can discuss the show right up to the latest episode. I will just skim over them if they are here.

@Troy, at the end of season 2 you get a slight peek at the new character Michonne, the chick with 2 jawless & armless zombies chained to her. In the comics she is one the coolest characters, asides from that, you will just have to find out for yourself.

If Sofia was found after Carl was shot, chances are that Otis would have been keeping an extra eye out for a young blond girl, if she was found before, it explains that the Greene's wouldnt have expected her to be turned so quickly that she was already in the barn. It could have happened either way, and is one of those gaps left for people to debate, but I personally feel the timeline was something like, Otis rangles Sofia, heads back out, and shoots Carl. When it happened they were fairly close to the Greene Farm.

I was wondering what would happen with that hooded character, good to know that it becomes a mainstay on the show. Was really weird when she first appeared with those walkers.

Yeah you are probably right that she would have been wrangled first otherwise Otis would have most likely realised that she was the one that they were searching for. I do find it a bit difficult to figure out timelines with the show, I never know if it has just been a day that has passed or a week or a month. It is all very vague with what the dates are.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The wife finally made me start watching this. Doesn't seem like something I'm going to enjoy watching during dinner time, but the first two episodes were pretty good. Not usually into zombie shit, but the acting in this show is far better than what I'm used to seeing in traditional zombie fiction.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The new episode was absolutely amazing, finally introducing Martinez, so the only main character from Woodbury that is still missing, and still needed(since Lori already gave birth without the nurses assistance) is Lilly Caul.

Rick is hallucinating now, and freaking out on Tyreese and his group was a great way to end to show, and I half assed expected Daryl & Merle to take off, considering their videogame is being released sometime within the next few weeks.

Reaction score
Finally watching it! I read the comics so it's about time that I watch the show. It's good so far but they definitely did add some storylines onto the show that weren't in the comics such as the doctor that appears in season 1's finale. That's fine though. I rather they add a few things or else I'll know exactly what happens from beginning until end.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
AVOID IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE NEW EPISODES OR SEASON 3!

Loved the new episode last night. Feel like it was written well and everything was paced well. Great episode to come back on and set everything up for the next few episodes. I'm hooked. Most of the characters have a lot going on for them atm and have meaning, and they don't feel like filler characters as much anymore as they used to which is good. How they're writing Rick as well as The Governor is very intriguing. I didn't expect that girl in white at the end of the show. Kind of thought they were over with Rick's hallucinations even though it was highly unlikely that was the case. How it effected the decision of Tyreese's group getting acceptance into Rick's group was nicely done. Of course I see Daryl and Merle coming back as they won't stay on their own forever and Rick and everyone else will be under a lot of shit and see that Daryl is a vital part of the group and they need to do whatever it takes to get him back, even if they have to take Merle in as well. Or maybe they'll need Rick as it seems like they're having a tough time by themselves judging by that preview. I didn't like them leaving at first and wanted both Daryl and Merle to go back to the prison this episode to see what would go on but I think it'll all come full circle and end up being booked/written much better than them just going back to the prison at the start. Tyrese and his wife will probably get into Rick's group but I don't really see Allen and Ben making it in. I dunno. Have to wait and see. When they all told them to go during the hallucination (Glenn and that telling them to leave), was probably just momentarily to the yard. So they might just go back to that in the next episode when Rick gets out of that state. Next character I see getting killed off is Glenn tbh. He stood up to Rick, withdrawing from the group and wants to go back to the prison.

But yeah, anyway. Next episode should be even better with Rick going home. That's going to be pretty interesting. Think it's to find Morgan, but I don't think he'll be there or he'll either be dead. Running out of supplies, world is getting worse, etc.. Probably going to get even more flashbacks/hallucinations of Lori as well whilst he's back in his town. Sigh..

"The Walking Dead" is adding viewers even more rapidly than it loses executive producers. Last night's mid-season premiere of the AMC zombie drama (starting the final stretch of episodes with Glen Mazzara as showrunner) premiered to 12.3 million viewers, the show's biggest audience ever — bigger than the 10.9 million audience for the season premiere back in the fall.

Of that audience, 7.7 million viewers were in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 year-old demographic, making the hour the highest-rated series episode in basic cable history by that measurement. On average, "The Walking Dead" has been the highest-rated entertainment series in all of television in that demo this season, outrating "Modern Family," "The Big Bang Theory," "NCIS," etc.

When you add up encore viewings on Sunday night, the total viewer number jumps to 16.6 million.

Quite amazing. No other show comes close.

Last edited:

Ben

Reaction score
Fully expect to see Merle and Daryl back...if the governor attacks the prison could see them coming in at the last minute to balance the fight out. She a lot of people getting killed off before the season is over...expect some fan favorites to go also.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Just a quick question and a simple yes or no is all I want....

Do they ever go into detail about what caused the zombie apocalypse?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
lol yeah I didn't think so. Ok good, I'll quit waiting for it then I suppose.

Ben

Reaction score
Kirkman the creator has said in the comics at least that the cause of the outbreak will never be explained... that will prob translate to the show also with him being very involved but it could change.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Kirkman the creator has said in the comics at least that the cause of the outbreak will never be explained... that will prob translate to the show also with him being very involved but it could change.

Yeah I remember him saying something like that a few times as well, think it might have been during cast question panels at the comic-con events. I think he has said it'd be boring.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is a bit odd though because the first question I would have if I came out of a coma and saw that the world have been over taken by zombies would be how did this all happen. I get that any answer would be a let down but it is a bit strange to cover up that question that everyone would have.

Reaction score
Just a quick question and a simple yes or no is all I want....

Do they ever go into detail about what caused the zombie apocalypse?

I already answered this for you because I read the comics!

So far, the comics are definitely better than the show. The beginning of season 2 has been pretty slow.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I already answered this for you because I read the comics!

So far, the comics are definitely better than the show. The beginning of season 2 has been pretty slow.
Yeah but god forbid a television show actually does something differently than the comics, right? :rolleyes: