• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
^Haha, people are reporting that Sting has a 1-year contract signed with WWE.

I know but it's not like they haven't gone out on a limb and been wrong before. Still, hoping they're right.

and that WWE aired ^ that promo before they touched the 2/21/11 vignette...

Meh, that could have just as easily been a technical glitch as it could be a teaser for Sting.

Axis

Reaction score
^Haha, people are reporting that Sting has a 1-year contract signed with WWE, and that WWE aired ^ that promo before they touched the 2/21/11 vignette... put your money on Steve Borden.

Those "people" are also the ones who have "reported" Undertaker vs Kane, Undertaker vs Wade Barrett, Undertaker vs Sheamus, Undertaker vs Lesnar, and Undertaker vs John Cena all for Wrestlemania 27. These guys make shit up so that idiots buy into it and give traffic to their sites. They know no more than we do in our speculation. A broken clock is right twice a day, but we shouldn't rely on these dirt sheets as if they have any sort of reliability.

chessarmy

Reaction score
I think the video is teasing Sting's debut in WWE, and if I'm right, this year's Wrestlemania will probably be one of the highest grossing Mania's since Vince/Trump.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Those "people" are also the ones who have "reported" Undertaker vs Kane, Undertaker vs Wade Barrett, Undertaker vs Sheamus, Undertaker vs Lesnar, and Undertaker vs John Cena all for Wrestlemania 27. These guys make shit up so that idiots buy into it and give traffic to their sites. They know no more than we do in our speculation. A broken clock is right twice a day, but we shouldn't rely on these dirt sheets as if they have any sort of reliability.

The New York Daily News, a dirt sheet?

Yeah, I'll pin it on them to be the same guys who have speculated all of these main events.

v_v

chessarmy

Reaction score
My god, this Taker/Sting rumor has been stuck in my head all day, I just can't believe it could possibly happen at Wrestlemania this year, I'm so hyped for this 2/21 edition of RAW to see if all this speculation will lead to something.

I think people underestimate the quality of the match Taker/Sting might be able to pull off, future matches involving Sting in WWE (if he did sign that 1 year deal) won't be as bad as some of you might speculate for multiple reasons. 1. Sting will be reinvigorated, working with the number 1 wrestling organization in the world is different than working for shitNA. 2. His big matches in WWE will be vs huge WWE stars, he'll be hyped and excited for them. And finally, 3, the WWE road agents are godlike and know more than any of us how to put a match together, they will work around Sting's weaknesses and produce some classic matches for us in the future.

A part of me is sort of bracing for disappointment (no Sting), but I'm almost positive these mysterious videos are hinting at his debut and I can't wait. Couple that with the possible return of Jericho, the return of Triple H, Miz/Cena, Punk/Orton, and Alberto Del Rio's road to the World Title the WWE has me HOOKED right now and the product is at a level it hasn't been in quite some time.

Mizard of Oz

Reaction score
Anybody else notice the smoke spells out STING? It's not clear but its pretty close. Also, if you notice the top of the twos look like scorpion tails... just probably freaking out but oh well haha

If Sting does debut on 2-21-11, I see him debuting, coming out, talking about why hes here.. mentioning something about beating other legends and then Undertaker comes out, making his return, setting up a feud leading to Wrestlemania.... that's IF wwe creative had some kind of brains, which we all know, they don't.. seems like a bunch of 9 year olds.

I know its been rumored that Wade Barrett is supposed to go against Undertaker, but I just don't see it.. I see him feuding with Big Show or Christian (if he makes his return as well, and leads to a storyline with Edge and ending up with Barrett getting his title push)... but not taker.

We'll see I guess.

ThomC

Reaction score
Anybody else notice the smoke spells out STING? It's not clear but its pretty close.

There's a video of it on youtube, and the guy who put the video up plays it in slow motion. If somebody doesn't mention that it says Sting it doesn't look like anything. After reading the comments posted below the video it was put in my head that it said Sting, so now when I watch it I see it say Sting. I'm still not fully sold yet on it being Sting, hope for it to be Sting though. Guess we'll have to wait a couple weeks to find out for sure.

fuzzy

Reaction score
You're so right on about that. I was about to say the same shit. right on man, it's easy to buy inyto it these days.
on the topic of raw, I'm hoping that it's a new guy that comes in maybe someone somewhat like Taker. I don't think it's Sting though, only because both Nash and Booker T were in the rumble last night, and TNA is doing the whole MEM group and without those two it just leaves Sting and Christain although he wasn't in the group that long.
My guess is if Sting shows up at Tna impact this week we get our anwser, if not then ? wwe signing becomes a bit clear.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
You're so right on about that. I was about to say the same shit. right on man, it's easy to buy inyto it these days.
on the topic of raw, I'm hoping that it's a new guy that comes in maybe someone somewhat like Taker. I don't think it's Sting though, only because both Nash and Booker T were in the rumble last night, and TNA is doing the whole MEM group and without those two it just leaves Sting and Christain although he wasn't in the group that long.
My guess is if Sting shows up at Tna impact this week we get our anwser, if not then ? wwe signing becomes a bit clear.
I'd hate to be a spoiler, but don't count on Sting being on Impact - and your entire arguement is null and void based on the fact you actually typed the name Christian being involved in TNA, especially in a storyline that "starts" in 2 days... lmao!

And why would you play your best card at the Rumble as a surprise guest if you're not going to have him win it? A guy like Sting, you HAVE to hype his return in one way or another, you can't just bring him in as a surprise entrant in the Rumble if he doesn't win the damn thing/lose controversially.

And once again, we're talking about a Newspaper here, not dirt sheets or e-fed forums...

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I highly doubt that it will be anybody new. Simply for the reason that I don't see them giving someone this kind of build before WM that wasn't going to be integral to the show. This kind of stuff for new guys is typically reserved for after WM.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
future matches involving Sting in WWE (if he did sign that 1 year deal) won't be as bad as some of you might speculate for multiple reasons.

Those future matches are the things I'll be most disappointed on. Sting will pretty much have a Taker like schedule in this 1 year deal so I see maybe three big feuds with the top stars. And how many dream matches can we get with Sting being in the E anyways? Taker, yes. Cena, yes. Orton, no. Edge, meh. Miz, no. Punk, yes.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^IDK about you, but Sting could find his mid-year vacation being beatdown by The Corre, and then really go crow-like.

For me, I think we're looking at a bunch of potentially grade-A promos, etc. and then getting some decent in-ring performances.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I'm failing to see Sting's name in the smoke.

I think people are just hoping so badly that they see shit that isn't even there. I wouldn't doubt it's Sting, though, because they wouldn't make a promo for Taker, he just randomly reappears every single time, and hyping him like this would be stupid because people who have watched wrestling the last 10 years know Taker comes and goes and likes to reappear around WM time and if that were a video for Taker, people would be disappointed but if it is for Sting, which makes WAY more sense, people will be dumping their pants over it (which is what is happening now).

Also, everyone who is saying it's Awesome Kong is either joking or really, really stupid. It's not just this forum but other wrestling forums have some people calling for Kong. Just wow.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I would laugh my fucking ass off if this was all for Awesome Kong or just some random new person.