The Streak 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which Streak match should take place at WrestleMania 28?

• Foley vs. Undertaker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Triple H vs. Undertaker 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fuzzy

Reaction score
doesn't matter who faces Taker, the streak will not end this year.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Why didn't you spelling "favorite," "favourite?"

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Talked with Monk about this the other day...

...I don't see Undertaker winning. For some reason, I think they're 100% serious about ending this era... and I can't foresee Taker leaving with the streak intact, and I don't believe he'll be wrestling another match after Mania.

Reaction score
Again, I don't see Taker's last match being overshadowed by a spectacle match. Taker will be given a grand send off the way Flair and HBK were sent off, and they will promote the shit out of it. I honestly think this could be a fantastic segue to build on a story line that really brings the new talent to the forefront. I know it's fantasy booking, but the way Taker and Trips were alluding to the "Armageddon of their Era", they should make it a young vs. old story line. Triple H, Show, Taker, Jericho, Kane and (building off of Rock and Cena) Rock as a modern "Millionaire's Club" vs. The "New Blood" Punk, Bryan, Barrett, Ziggler, Del Rio, Ryder and whomever else. It's a simple set up, have Barrett (since it's looking like he isn't going to be part of the actual card) come in and destroy a battle ravaged Taker and Trips with a pipe or some other devious weapon, have Taker get a b.s win, Taker and HHH have a bromatic moment a few weeks later (as they sell the Cell and Barrett beating) meanwhile the Jerichos, Kanes, and Shows are weekly victims of these beatings. It turns into what the Nexus and Invasion storylines should have been, lots of twists and turns and Cena and Orton are caught in the middle as they were on the tail end of the Attitude Era and are transition phase guys but the dynamic is they are big stars and they split their allegiances and anyway it leads to a full year of compelling storylines that culminates at next years mania in takers final match as a young guy takes him out in the main event and all the while the fans Rock hypothetically brings back with him with this years mania is exposed to the young talent and become sold on them as it appears the E is booking a little more mature product that is perfect balance for both the young and mature crowds. Hopefully this makes sense, could be really awesome, but alas it is fantasy booking.

fuzzy

Reaction score
I said it b4 and i'll say it again, Taker's streak will not end this yr nor will it end next year's WM...he retire with the streak untouched, will be the first and problly only guy inducted into the wwe HOF with a perfect record at WM! wwe wants to always make history, will they really end the streak with a loss in taker's WM record? the fans won't be talking about how taker was great but lost a match in the histroy setting WM match, the perfect record will be bigger than a 19-1 record. imo it would be big mistake to lose to hhh.