The Streak 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which Streak match should take place at WrestleMania 28?

• Foley vs. Undertaker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Triple H vs. Undertaker 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
To get this stupid thread back on track...

:lmmmao: @ HHH/Taker III

Airfixx

Reaction score
This is coming from you? Lmao. I remember when we argued, you had the worst argument ever. You just think it's cool to dickride everybody else and agree with them when I made logical points and discussion. How the fuck are those not logical points? Yeah, go dickride some more.

Your fucked up perception of a debate we had once means nothing. You were blindly marking for someone then just like you are now.

...Oh and your accusations of dick-riding are preposterous - I've been a member of this forum for nearly 4 years now and never become part of any cliques, don't chat with anyone via PMs or the shoutbox thing, nor can I even claim to have a 'buddy' amongst the members.

I recall now how fruitless engaging in a discussion with you really is.... I shouldn't have bothered responding to your drivvel... My 'bad'.

...god...

Reaction score
agree Enzo, but that was initially Edge's heel character, he was OBSESSED with being champ but that kinda faded off slowly where he just seemed like a clone of the HHH run. Nation, I was referring to the WWF not WCW for his previous heel run.. I read what you said. And obviously you consider what Edge did more memorable you fuck or we wouldn't be having this argument whether he is a better heel than Austin. And lmao, Austin did a whole lot more than "beat up Hart every week", guess I WAS right about you not knowing his previous run. His promo work around that period was the best ever, only topped by his 2001 run which you deem shit (now I foresee you making a post saying "BUT I NEVER EXACTLY SAID IT WAS SHIT~!" semantic argument).

nation

Reaction score
Your fucked up perception of a debate we had once means nothing. You were blindly marking for someone then just like you are now.

...Oh and your accusations of dick-riding are preposterous - I've been a member of this forum for nearly 4 years now and never become part of any cliques, don't chat with anyone via PMs or the shoutbox thing, nor can I even claim to have a 'buddy' amongst the members.

I recall now how fruitless engaging in a discussion with you really is.... I shouldn't have bothered responding to your drivvel... My 'bad'.

You're blindly dickriding, just like you do when I never I argue about something. It's cool, just have balls and admit it. Just because you don't understand my argument or because you like dickriding any argument against mine, doesn't make my arguments horrible. I made logical points to defend Rude as a heel over Roberts. It's pathetic when I have to beat a dead horse to make any kind of point against half of you here because you ignore/avoid half of my points.

nation

Reaction score
agree Enzo, but that was initially Edge's heel character, he was OBSESSED with being champ but that kinda faded off slowly where he just seemed like a clone of the HHH run. Nation, I was referring to the WWF not WCW for his previous heel run.. I read what you said. And obviously you consider what Edge did more memorable you fuck or we wouldn't be having this argument whether he is a better heel than Austin. And lmao, Austin did a whole lot more than "beat up Hart every week", guess I WAS right about you not knowing his previous run. His promo work around that period was the best ever, only topped by his 2001 run which you deem shit (now I foresee you making a post saying "BUT I NEVER EXACTLY SAID IT WAS SHIT~!" semantic argument).

Again, sigh.

just no....Austin was an amazing heel before he blew up and a great heel back in WCW but Edge blew up as a fucking heel, led Cena to his greatest feud, carried SD for years and he was the top heel on RAW during his blow up.

Before he blew up is referring to before he became of the most popular stars ever, if you don't know, hence his heel run before and no I wasn't saying he always did the same thing, I was saying he has done some of the same things since you shit on Edge for doing it even though most of it had to do with his character.

Again, another quote since you're clearly making up shit since you seem to think I called his 2001 run as heel shit.

I'm sure as hell not saying Austin's heel run in 2001 was bad. I was pissed when he turned on The Rock, it was great but hardly the most original thing ever and eventually you knew it was going to happen. But it kept one if not the greatest rivalry of all time fresh so I won't complain.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Great heel in WCW?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SMOKING BRO!? Great heel in WCW? Great? WCW? HEEL!?

First of all, the wouldn't have let him go if that were the case. Secondly WWE would have capitalized on it, and couldn't. Don't call him a heel through his initial feud with Bret which launched him as a face/tweener either... the crowd didn't give a damn about his heel promo until Austin 3:16 shit, and then when he bled out fighting Bret and then Bret started his full heel turn and Austin gained huge momentum from that and the crowd liked the edginess of his heelish promos as the good guy.

Great heel? WCW!?

Jesus Christ.

Reaction score
Here's the thing about Austin's heel turn from 2001. Originally yes the reason he turned heel was because he was so obsessed with being WWE champion he joined forces with the one man he despised above all. Then when that didn't work and fans still cheered him they turned him into a bully beating up women and announcers. And when even that didn't work they did a complete 180 with him and turned him into a whiny attention whore who felt he wasn't appreciated by WWE so he joined the Alliance. Which was in my opinion the best thing to do if they were gonna make his heel turn actually work. If he got cheered for being a badass shit stomper surely it would stand to reason that having him go the opposite direction character wise should get him booed.

I really don't want to get into the argument of Roberts vs. Rude but here's my thoughts. I have to put Roberts ahead of Rude for this simple factor. Roberts was actually unique in comparison to Rude. Rude was a pretty boy heel and how many of those have there been over the years? Not to mention Rude got heel heat off his promos by insulting the crowd. Oh my he's in an exclusive club called everybody. Nearly everybody who's been a heel ever got heat by insulting the crowd. Hence why it's called cheap heat. It's the same as a baby face wearing a local team's sports jersey or name dropping the town their in. Roberts at least had some semblance of a unique character and didn't have to resort to insulting the crowd to get heat. Who won more belts or had more main event matches or whatever doesn't mean shit. That's just a booker putting together matches and deciding winners and losers. Should Jake Roberts have won the WWE belt at some point in the early 90s? Without question. But Roberts was just as over without the belt. Not to mention that Roberts lost a majority of his feuds in the end. Yet he still managed to stay over which is a testament to his abilities as a worker. That isn't to say Rude wasn't a good worker in his own right because he was.

...god...

Reaction score
Again, sigh.

just no....Austin was an amazing heel before he blew up and a great heel back in WCW but Edge blew up as a fucking heel, led Cena to his greatest feud, carried SD for years and he was the top heel on RAW during his blow up.

Before he blew up is referring to before he became of the most popular stars ever, if you don't know, hence his heel run before and no I wasn't saying he always did the same thing, I was saying he has done some of the same things since you shit on Edge for doing it even though most of it had to do with his character.

Again, another quote since you're clearly making up shit since you seem to think I called his 2001 run as heel shit.
Um, you're Blue. You just said it was pussified and oh it made him look so bad, then go off and say "I'm sure as hell not saying Austin's heel run in 2001 was bad". Basically you're just covering your bases after you made a moronic statement and are getting angry at getting called out on it besides just addressing the fact that you're WRONG. Hence why I knew you would say that.

nation

Reaction score
^Great heel in WCW?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SMOKING BRO!? Great heel in WCW? Great? WCW? HEEL!?

First of all, the wouldn't have let him go if that were the case. Secondly WWE would have capitalized on it, and couldn't. Don't call him a heel through his initial feud with Bret which launched him as a face/tweener either... the crowd didn't give a damn about his heel promo until he bled out fighting Bret and then Bret started his full heel turn and Austin gained huge momentum from that and the crowd liked the edginess of his heelish promos as the good guy.

Great heel? WCW!?

Jesus Christ.

Apparently you missed the Hollywood Blondes? Obviously.

Here's the thing about Austin's heel turn from 2001. Originally yes the reason he turned heel was because he was so obsessed with being WWE champion he joined forces with the one man he despised above all. Then when that didn't work and fans still cheered him they turned him into a bully beating up women and announcers. And when even that didn't work they did a complete 180 with him and turned him into a whiny attention whore who felt he wasn't appreciated by WWE so he joined the Alliance. Which was in my opinion the best thing to do if they were gonna make his heel turn actually work. If he got cheered for being a badass shit stomper surely it would stand to reason that having him go the opposite direction character wise should get him booed.

I really don't want to get into the argument of Roberts vs. Rude but here's my thoughts. I have to put Roberts ahead of Rude for this simple factor. Roberts was actually unique in comparison to Rude. Rude was a pretty boy heel and how many of those have there been over the years? Not to mention Rude got heel heat off his promos by insulting the crowd. Oh my he's in an exclusive club called everybody. Nearly everybody who's been a heel ever got heat by insulting the crowd. Hence why it's called cheap heat. It's the same as a baby face wearing a local team's sports jersey or name dropping the town their in. Roberts at least had some semblance of a unique character and didn't have to resort to insulting the crowd to get heat. Who won more belts or had more main event matches or whatever doesn't mean shit. That's just a booker putting together matches and deciding winners and losers. Should Jake Roberts have won the WWE belt at some point in the early 90s? Without question. But Roberts was just as over without the belt. Not to mention that Roberts lost a majority of his feuds in the end. Yet he still managed to stay over which is a testament to his abilities as a worker. That isn't to say Rude wasn't a good worker in his own right because he was.

Rude was the original pretty boy who nailed the gimmick better than anyone else ever did before him or after him. Ziggler, Rhodes, Venis, etc all tried to imitate him.

Um, you're Blue. You just said it was pussified and oh it made him look so bad, then go off and say "I'm sure as hell not saying Austin's heel run in 2001 was bad". Basically you're just covering your bases after you made a moronic statement and are getting angry at getting called out on it besides just addressing the fact that you're WRONG. Hence why I knew you would say that.

I'm Blue yet you always make up shit? I said he was pussified because he was, he wasn't a pussy but he wasn't the complete badass he was before. He was still Stone Cold but how the fuck you going to say a guy who was singing and hugging people was just as badass as Austin was a heel before he blew the fuck up? Rofl. Seriously, quit making up shit. You want to argue with him being pussified do that? But understand what I say and don't make up shit. I never once said it was bad but Austin sure as hell wasn't the badass he used to be before.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Apparently you missed the Hollywood Blondes? Obviously.
The Hollywood Blondes were great? GREAT?

Really?

REALLY?

REALLY!?

REALLY!?!?

Nah, they were good, slightly entertaining, but nowhere near great, lmao. Great implies something almost special...

I'm Blue yet you always make up shit? I said he was pussified because he was, he wasn't a pussy but he wasn't the complete badass he was before. He was still Stone Cold but how the fuck you going to say a guy who was singing and hugging people was just as badass as Austin was a heel before he blew the fuck up? Rofl. Seriously, quit making up shit. You want to argue with him being pussified do that? But understand what I say and don't make up shit. I never once said it was bad but Austin sure as hell wasn't the badass he used to be before.
So hold up, you're saying Austin was a badass heel before the '01 turn? The only time he was legitimately a heel before that was when he was the Ringmaster with DiBiase... which was not a badass heel, it was borderline turrrrrbull, especially for the standards Stone Cold/Austin 3:16 would eventually set.

nation

Reaction score
No, amazing would be something special or incredible would be almost special. Great is just a step up above good and the Hollywood Blondes were great, apparently you missed them

Reaction score
LOL. You can't rank words. The Blondes were standouts in a shallow tag division in a company that hemorrhaged money mainly due to poor booking and no star power. In the Blondes case, they had the rug pulled from under their feet before they could truly become great. Austin was the engine. He was the better worker and talker by far. Pillman is over rated by people who don't really know him. The "ooo, he was the Loose Cannon and was really revolutionary" argument is flawed. The man used the character for so little of his career. He did it for two months in WCW, went to ECW for a cup of coffee and came to the WWE and did fuck all for the time he was there and "pulled a gun" on Austin. The only thing he did as an innovator was be the first of many wrestlers to really expose the business, and that isn't breaking kayfabe by calling Sullivan "booker man", it was by his drug related death.

nation

Reaction score
Apparently you have something against Pillman. Was Austin the better of the two together? Obviously but Pillman wasn't fucking carried and if anything he gained a lot of experience working with Austin. Pillman caused a lot of controversy and he had one of the most interesting gimmicks. He was so deep into the character, guess he acted crazy backstage and pulled some shit on a few occasions.

He was way ahead of his time as a high flyer sadly before the car accident which stopped all of that shit and changed how he had to work. But he still figured out a way to keep it going with the Loose Cannon gimmick. He was getting a lot of time and being built as a future big star in WCW but he left for the WWE. You're fucking ridiculous. He did more than just the Pillman's got a gun segment with Austin. He was in the Hart Foundation for awhile and he had a decent feud with Goldust. But it's bullshit for you to say he did nothing else when he passed away. It cut everything short, I'm not sure how far he would go with his injuries but he would have done some great shit with his gimmick and character.

Even in his very brief time in ECW he kept his character going and people talking, few guys who ever went to ECW from WWE/WCW did fuck all, at least he was noticed. But really with the car accident and his passing it limited what his career could have been. Definitely one of the most depressing losses. Guys like Benoit, Eddie, etc all got to their peak and had great careers but his got cut short. Blue of you to use that against him and not even act like it matters. But it's become pretty apparent you don't know your shit as much as you like to think you do, hence your argument of Roberts being a better heel than one of the most influential heels ever.

Also, on topic about the Pillman gun segment, it is one of the best segments ever. So many people were confused, shocked and some really questioned if it was real or not. You don't see that all the time in wrestling, it's incredibly rare and the fact that Pillman and Austin accomplished that is what makes it so infamous and all of the controversy it created.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Apparently you have something against Pillman. Was Austin the better of the two together? Obviously but Pillman wasn't fucking carried and if anything he gained a lot of experience working with Austin. Pillman caused a lot of controversy and he had one of the most interesting gimmicks. He was so deep into the character, guess he acted crazy backstage and pulled some shit on a few occasions.

He was way ahead of his time as a high flyer sadly before the car accident which stopped all of that shit and changed how he had to work. But he still figured out a way to keep it going with the Loose Cannon gimmick. He was getting a lot of time and being built as a future big star in WCW but he left for the WWE. You're fucking ridiculous. He did more than just the Pillman's got a gun segment with Austin. He was in the Hart Foundation for awhile and he had a decent feud with Goldust. But it's bullshit for you to say he did nothing else when he passed away. It cut everything short, I'm not sure how far he would go with his injuries but he would have done some great shit with his gimmick and character.
Ahead of his time with the high-flying shit? The only man who can really claim anything close to that is Superfly, and even he wasn't the first or only guy doing high-flying shit. Pillman came in at a time when high-flying was becoming the staple of the sport outside of Vince's Incredible Hulk physique freaks. And no, in WWE, he didn't do more than the Pillman gun shit. He was a part of things, but he didn't do anything. In the Hart Foundation, he was simply a prop, just a bystander. His feud with Goldust? Really? This is the first I've heard it brought up since it happened... don't overstate what it was. And how can you can damn-near guarantee he would have done some great shit with his gimmick... you can assume... you should specify that you're assuming... but outside of the gun segment, he didn't do anything that would lead someone to believe he could do great things...

Even in his very brief time in ECW he kept his character going and people talking, few guys who ever went to ECW from WWE/WCW did fuck all, at least he was noticed. But really with the car accident and his passing it limited what his career could have been. Definitely one of the most depressing losses. Guys like Benoit, Eddie, etc all got to their peak and had great careers but his got cut short. Blue of you to use that against him and not even act like it matters. But it's become pretty apparent you don't know your shit as much as you like to think you do, hence your argument of Roberts being a better heel than one of the most influential heels ever.
Pillman was relevant in ECW? Is that what you're arguing? Pillman went to ECW, Heyman told him to talk a little more shit than what he did, he tried, it didn't take him anywhere special, and Austin told Vince to bring him to the E and let him work with him on a segment to help advance the more-and-more stale angle between he & the Hart Foundation.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Def jumping of the Pillman was overrated bandwagon. He spent most of his career in WCW wearing one of the most fabulous perms of all time with those awful Cincinatti Bengals tights.

He had some great matches with Liger and while I'm not familiar with Liger's work outside of his few NA appearances from what I understand it would have been difficult for him to not have a good match with Liger.

After that though, he did only a few things and while they seemed major at the time, hindsight, I think, shows us that he may have had potential to blow up at one time or another the Loose Cannon gimmick was really just a cover for a guy whose career was effectively done.