The State of AWF

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I'll eat my pie and like it no problem.

I will say in my defense though, in all of our defenses, that none of us baked and served that pie. (Really hate this metaphor right now.) That honour belongs to one person who proved the old adage "Too many cooks can spoil the broth."

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Let's just say that I hope he cooks his meth better than he does his pies.

Reaction score
Awesome what a pic of dead coons can do. The REAL problem with this forum is that the only group participation you get is running someone down and flaming them. I've tried sparking group things like an AWF fantasy league and I get a better response posting a pic of dead Nopes and running down this site a bit, albeit in a truthful observation. Fix that and you fix the forum. Too bad you really can't fix lame.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
I've tried sparking group things like an AWF fantasy league and I get a better response posting a pic of dead Nopes and running down this site a bit, albeit in a truthful observation.

You nailed it.
The real problem is that, other than the wwe discussions and random flaming, this forum offers nothing. We used to have a lot of members because there were a lot of stuff people might get interested into and be active. BTBs, GFX, e-fed and so on. People might randomly look at the forum, see that a section he might be interested into is quite active and decide to join.
The other side of the problem is that it's not even easy to start with anything, if everybody is lazy.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Oh and I forgot to mention, it becomes ever harder to try to add anything, when my powers don't allow me to.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
yea, for the main site, not the forums

Only Mark has that kind of power, and I doubt he cares that much about the forum as long as his main site is fine.

Well in that case, Maybe someone with power around here needs to get in touch with Mark and let him know how bad this shit is getting. His main site is not fine, and the forums are in the pits right now. Look at some other good wrestling sites and check out how active their forums are the shit is incredible.

If Marks the only one with power someone needs to contact him and if hes not willing to make the site better then why is he the only man with power around here?

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
You nailed it.
The real problem is that, other than the wwe discussions and random flaming, this forum offers nothing. We used to have a lot of members because there were a lot of stuff people might get interested into and be active. BTBs, GFX, e-fed and so on. People might randomly look at the forum, see that a section he might be interested into is quite active and decide to join.
The other side of the problem is that it's not even easy to start with anything, if everybody is lazy.

Exactly. I would really like to help at least try to bring back the e-fed in my third attempt, but right now, I don't know how available I'd be. I honestly would try to help, but I don't know if or when I'd be there.

Axis

Reaction score
to do what?

Stop pretending we're a real forum and accept the fact that we're just a bunch of posters that like each other and have no intention of building a real site; rather, we'd prefer to continue discussion amongst ourselves.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Well in that case, Maybe someone with power around here needs to get in touch with Mark and let him know how bad this shit is getting. His main site is not fine, and the forums are in the pits right now. Look at some other good wrestling sites and check out how active their forums are the shit is incredible.

If Marks the only one with power someone needs to contact him and if hes not willing to make the site better then why is he the only man with power around here?

I don't recall perfectly why and how, but emails to Mark are essentially emails to Mike. I'll try, but meh.. any particular idea? Because asking for ''better'' is an empty argument.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Stop pretending we're a real forum and accept the fact that we're just a bunch of posters that like each other and have no intention of building a real site; rather, we'd prefer to continue discussion amongst ourselves.

How many do you think are ready to accept this?

Axis

Reaction score
2 - 3 would be my guess. But, as you know, democracy is inherently flawed, so it is an uphill battle.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
I don't see the particular need to move in that hypothesis anyways. We can just stay here and stop whining about the forum being dead. There is generally some activity around ppvs or big events.