The Sopranos

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I've been watching it over again, halfway through Season 3 now. I always forget just how many of the memorable scenes all happen in season 1. And as good as the show is, Chris heavy episodes always suck, Janice is one of the worst, most pointless characters in TV history and Meadow/AJ spend far too much time bitching and complaining.

Seem you are missing one of the main points of the show, what makes it difference from other Gangster shows or films is that Tony has to balance his life as a mob boss with his family issues, and ironically sometimes it is the family issues which prove the most challenging. So it kind of makes sense that his has kids who would constantly complain and add to his stress. Also I think that Meadow is one of the great teen characters ever on TV, she is a complex, fully rounded character who stands up to her father, but still has a fragile side.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Seem you are missing one of the main points of the show, what makes it difference from other Gangster shows or films is that Tony has to balance his life as a mob boss with his family issues, and ironically sometimes it is the family issues which prove the most challenging. So it kind of makes sense that his has kids who would constantly complain and add to his stress. Also I think that Meadow is one of the great teen characters ever on TV, she is a complex, fully rounded character who stands up to her father, but still has a fragile side.

I'm not missing it, its beyond obvious that the show is about a gangster who has to deal with all the usual family shit. That's the entire premise to the show. Just Meadow constantly bitching about everything gets annoying, just like most teenage girls that bitch at absolutely everything thesedays is annoying. Great writing of adding that dynamic or not she's still a pain in the ass character. AJ doesn't get annoying till the last season or so.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I never had a problem with Meadow really, she was kind of annoying at times, but I thought she was a pretty good character and almost felt sorry for her because she wanted more in life but couldn't get out of being "Tony Sopranos Daughter." I didn't care for AJ much, especially once he got to high school just because how much of a fuck up he became.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm not missing it, its beyond obvious that the show is about a gangster who has to deal with all the usual family shit. That's the entire premise to the show. Just Meadow constantly bitching about everything gets annoying, just like most teenage girls that bitch at absolutely everything thesedays is annoying. Great writing of adding that dynamic or not she's still a pain in the ass character. AJ doesn't get annoying till the last season or so.

I think that reads like a straight forward male response to a teenage girl issue. Meadow was a very forward thinking characters whose issues was a little more complex than the normal teenage stuff.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I think that reads like a straight forward male response to a teenage girl issue. Meadow was a very forward thinking characters whose issues was a little more complex than the normal teenage stuff.

At the same time though between his mother, his uncle, his wife, his sister, its not like Tony needed more family drama to remind us/establish that its a family/mob problems show. However well she's written Meadow just gets beyond annoying at times, not as bad as Janice though. But Meadow or Janice heavy episodes are never as good as other episodes.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I never found Meadow irritating. I think that certain subplots have to be developed in order to stop the show from being total-nonstop-Tony and Meadow's life was probably one of those things. I wouldn't say she's just a device to highlight his family issues, but as I just said, a subplot to run alongside the show's main storylines.

Janice was fucking irritating though.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Also, I forgot to add, it makes for a great dynamic when the two storylines crossover. As seen in one of my (many) favourite moments from the show.

[video=youtube;1r0-mZP7NTM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r0-mZP7NTM[/video]

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Also, I forgot to add, it makes for a great dynamic when the two storylines crossover. As seen in one of my (many) favourite moments from the show.

[video=youtube;1r0-mZP7NTM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r0-mZP7NTM[/video]

Agreed fantastic stuff.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw

you're flexinnnnnnnng

Richie has to my one of my favorite underrated characters on Sopranos. Dude was such a POS, but cracked me up.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just Finished season 2 on my rewatch this weekend actually lmao fuck Richie, thank you Janice

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Just Finished season 2 on my rewatch this weekend actually lmao fuck Richie, thank you Janice

LMAO I like all the assholes, was a big Ralph fan, too.

• Haha

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Janice is annoying but I did like what she did to Richie. I’m on season 3 on my watch through and I already can’t stand Ralph, especially after what he did to that stripper that he got pregnant.

Still, I think my least favorite character has been Tony’s mom. I pretty much like everyone else but Big Pussy was my favorite:pour

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Janice is annoying but I did like what she did to Richie. I’m on season 3 on my watch through and I already can’t stand Ralph, especially after what he did to that stripper that he got pregnant.

Still, I think my least favorite character has been Tony’s mom. I pretty much like everyone else but Big Pussy was my favorite:pour

Tony's mom is the WORST :lol I hated Tony's kids a lot on my first watch too but so far after the first two I don't really mind them so I'm wondering if they just get more annoying later on or I'm just more tolerating lol

Reactions: Jimmy King