The Shield

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Re: *Spoilers* Wrestlers Debut at Survivor Series*Spoilers*

Looking forward to how it develops. Never was a huge Rollins fan but he's decent, know very little of Reigns. LOVE AMBROSE but still don't think he can be all the successful in WWE so I like him in a stable.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Nice article on wwe.com about the three guys from Dusty Rhodes

WWE.com: Dusty Rhodes: WWE NXT trio ready to "knock down doors"

It's also been announced that Michael Cole will be interviewing NXT stars Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns on this coming Monday's RAW from the Cajundome in Lafayette, LA.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

No idea why WWE is desperate to be ROH, but it's killing the company.

That is where most of the talent is, there aren't too many other companies out of there where WWE can poach talent from so they are bound to sign more ROH/DGUSA guys since that is the highest level on the indies. They still bring in some second/third generation guys and also some guys that couldn't make it in other sports like football but in the end if they want some wrestlers ROH is the best place to take them from.

With regards to the NXT Invasion I don't think they need anymore guys, Nexus struggled because they had too many people and guys got lost in the shuffle. If it is just these three, plus Maddox possibly, then that is more than enough.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Updated the thread title to reflect the stable name that was revealed during their pretaped sitdown interview on RAW. Amazingly they went with The Shield, not sure how they will be able to trademark/copyright that.

I was impressed with their interview, Dean Ambrose has this odd way of speaking that just works so well. In a weird way he reminds me of Heath Ledger's Joker, he has that slightly deranged look when he speaks that makes him look quite threatening because you don't know when he will snap. Good to see him doing most of the talking with Rollins just chipping in every now and then. Keeping Reigns mostly quiet as the muscle is the best way to use him now as well.

They are all about "justice" and deny any link to CM Punk. I wonder how long that will hold up. I also wonder how long it is before they start getting placed in matches rather than just doing run ins.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I think their first match will take place at PPV. WWE is giving The Shield a main event spotlight and making them wrestle at a PPV for the first time would be the best option. OR, they will perhaps make their wrestling debut at Royal Rumble as surprise entries.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't know if they will be able to string it out until the Rumble but I do look forward to seeing them in the Rumble presumably working as a team. What I want to find out next is why Vickie lets them do what they do yet she was in uproar about AJ/Cena. A bit of logic on the show would be good, surely she would be angry that these guys are appearing all the time without technically being on the roster.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't like the name? "The Shield?"

Also: "Attitude Era" Bossman costumes? They could have at least gone with a distinctive camoflage pattern to be somewhat original.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am just amazed that the went with that name considering there was a popular tv show with the same name.

Their outfits actually reminded me of the Security Enforcers team that were in WWE ECW as Heyman's protection, just without the helmets.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
not to mention SHIELD is just the covert ops team that Nick Fury leads, when he forms The Avengers. But WWE has already payed off Marvel a few times in the past.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'm liking it more and more. These guys are really impressing me with how well they are working with this. I'm excited to see where they go from here.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I am just amazed that the went with that name considering there was a popular tv show with the same name.

Their outfits actually reminded me of the Security Enforcers team that were in WWE ECW as Heyman's protection, just without the helmets.

What if, Heyman is really behind all of this? I mean, you are right. Their attire looks just about the same as Security Enforces and once someone will come up with this fact and reveal the truth.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It would be an obscure link though as not many would have remembered them, I was a big fan of the WWE version of ECW because it allowed new talent to sign and helped reinvigorate numerous careers so I watched it every week. They were only around for a very short amount of time but I would be amazed if the writers actually remembered that and actually made mention of it.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'd be amazed if any of the Hollywood writers they have knew anything about the original ECW in the first place.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Anyone pay attention to Backstage Fallout?

I watched it and Orton mentioned how he was part of Evolution and Legacy. He said he knows what they're doing but they need to find the right target, could this be Orton's slow heel turn that he's actually part of The Shield and not Punk?

Would be kinda smart whilst everyone accuses Punk and ends up being wrong.