• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
I can definitely admit I've done it in arguments before too, trying to point out people's hypocrisy in general just doesn't work out IMO. Everyone has some and is biased in ways, much better to try and communicate through it than get them with a "gotcha"
The only gotcha I ever seen effectively was 12 Angry Men lel

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Oh my god preach.

If it's always been like this, why the fuck are you accepting the status quo instead of giving a shit and working to help bring awareness to the issue?

Is it because you don't actually care, or in fact are okay with the status quo? How pathetic that must be.
They accept things, until it’s them being targeted. Then that’s when it becomes an issue. As long as their life isn’t harmed by whatever is going on, they couldn’t care less.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Another one that’s stupid is when people say “Well it’s always been like this.” And I’m like :pogba so we can’t be the ones who try and make a difference? Who try and make things better? It’s so dumb.
I'll look up the fancy name for it but it's def. a common one I've also heard. When arguing the value of something and whether it's right or wrong, it's previous value in society or other wise is irrelevant. For example kings used to fuck every one's wife too as was his right. No one would use this as an argument today as an excuse to treat women with property because we've evolved beyond such boorish behavior. It's silly for sure.
I can definitely admit I've done it in arguments before too, trying to point out people's hypocrisy in general just doesn't work out IMO. Everyone has some and is biased in ways, much better to try and communicate through it than get them with a "gotcha"
It's true we all do it, and pointing these things out (the fallacy itself) is a good way to look inwards when debating a point. If you want to just troll etc that's fine though but ya when presenting fact based arguments pointing out ppls fault is a fallacy indeed. Heck the wwe example is a perfect one with Saudi. "Well you buy stuff n consume other stuff that has ties there" "might as well not watch anything " , while spicy, are not valid arguments why it's OK. (An example please don't actually debate me on this )

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_tradition would fit @Heartblaze Kid with what you are referring to

An appeal to tradition essentially makes two assumptions that are not necessarily true:

• The old way of thinking was proven correct when introduced, i.e. since the old way of thinking was prevalent, it was necessarily correct.
In reality, this may be false—the tradition might be entirely based on incorrect grounds.
  • The past justifications for the tradition are still valid.
In reality, the circumstances may have changed; this assumption may also therefore have become untrue.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_tradition would fit @Heartblaze Kid with what you are referring to

An appeal to tradition essentially makes two assumptions that are not necessarily true:

• The old way of thinking was proven correct when introduced, i.e. since the old way of thinking was prevalent, it was necessarily correct.
In reality, this may be false—the tradition might be entirely based on incorrect grounds.
  • The past justifications for the tradition are still valid.
In reality, the circumstances may have changed; this assumption may also therefore have become untrue.
Yeah. Sounds like it fits perfectly.

If I told you some of the stuff it was applied to :pull yikes. You’ll know why that racing forum I was apart of is way worse down in this section called The Podium… way way worse than this thread is.

Rosie

Dark Side
Yeah. Sounds like it fits perfectly.

If I told you some of the stuff it was applied to :pull yikes. You’ll know why that racing forum I was apart of is way worse down in this section called The Podium… way way worse than this thread is.

So the racing forum was...

RAC(E)ist?!

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
FMStAjgXMAI24hA
Oh my fucking god.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Governor of Texas Gregg Abbott is dictating to CPS to charge parents of transgender children with Child Abuse, and is forcing doctors, teachers, and other professionals to out transgender students.