The Rock got the biggest pop in wrestling history.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Loudest Pop

• Raw After X8 - Toronto demands Hogan return to Hulkamania

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Following my win of the debate in the last thread,(link for anyone who wants to read the ass whooping I laid out: https://wrestlingsmarks.com/threads...-got-chris-kreski-demoted-chyna-fired.119576/ )

Its now time to discuss the biggest pop in wrestling history by The Rock, which happened the same night Austin got the biggest pop of his career.

Austin got a one of his biggest pops on the January 4th 1999 Raw:

Then at Backlash 2000 Austin outdid himself and got an even bigger pop than that... only for Rock to out pop Austin with a spine buster, People’s Elbow and pinfall for the Biggest Pop in Professional Wrestling History:

Austin was always a step behind Rock sadly:

Last edited:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2

Rock’s pop at Backlash 2000 was bigger and louder... lol

Now...

tenor.gif

Refuted.

Gets ya every time Juice. It’s a low down dirty shame.

tenor.gif

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
You might need a hearing aid - its not even comparable. Haven't you heard - I always have the last word!

• Haha
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
You might need a hearing aid - its not even comparable. Haven't you heard - I always have the last word!

giphy.gif

I enjoy your gimmick, it’s a little out there but still entertains me.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
To get the biggest pop - you need to get the crowd to stop.
And I hate to shout - but Rocky didn't even have the best walk out.
At best he was a top six and even that would be making some trix.
№5 The Rock n Roll Express

In the mid-1980s the Rock N Roll Express were pro wrestling rock stars. Their outfits, charisma and good looks led to a Beatles type pop when their music hit. During a time of deep heel tag team competition, Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson were the answer. Their Mid-South and NWA runs peaked their popularity and made them babyface legends.
№4 The Ultimate Warrior

After a long run for the Hulkster in the 80’s, the WWF decided a new face of the company was needed. The answer, a babyface with a bodybuilder physique and intensity to match. The warrior’s rambling, often unintelligible promos and minimal wrestling skills made no difference to wrestling fans. Over the top in every way, fans were mesmerized by his unmatched look and energy.

№3 The Road Warriors
The term “a road warrior pop”, is a phrase that alludes to the deafening roar of the crowd. For years, this yardstick was when Road Warrior Hawk’s “OOOOOOH, What a Rush” bellowed over the PA system. Hawk and Animal’s intensity, attitude and physical stature were indelible, but their path of destruction in the ring left fans in awe.

№2 Hulk Hogan
During the mid to late 80’s Hulk-a-mania was everywhere; not just in wrestling, but pop culture and mainstream society. Hulk Hogan was the first wrestler to receive this attention on such a grand scale. When Hulk’s “Real American” signature song started, the complete pandemonium ensued. To this day, Hulk Hogan is the most recognized and associated name in wrestling history.

№1 “Stone Cold” Steve Austin
The Attitude Era Monday night wars between Raw and Nitro took place during the peak of wrestling’s popularity. This stage propelled a few performers to stardom. However, the popularity of “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and his antics put him above all else. His disdain for authority and mockery of opponents were tremendous. His sarcasm and sense of humor gave a comedic side to his tough as nails persona. When the sound of breaking glass was heard, crowd explosion followed.
Professional Copywriter & Editor specializing in sports, nutrition and fitness writing.

Haven't you heard - I always have the last word!

Last edited:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I enjoy your gimmick - because Triple H got the biggest pop.

Thanks bud

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
To get the biggest pop - you need to get the crowd to stop.
And I hate to shout - but Rocky didn't even have the best walk out.
At best he was a top six and even that would be making some trix.
№5 The Rock n Roll Express

In the mid-1980s the Rock N Roll Express were pro wrestling rock stars. Their outfits, charisma and good looks led to a Beatles type pop when their music hit. During a time of deep heel tag team competition, Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson were the answer. Their Mid-South and NWA runs peaked their popularity and made them babyface legends.
№4 The Ultimate Warrior

After a long run for the Hulkster in the 80’s, the WWF decided a new face of the company was needed. The answer, a babyface with a bodybuilder physique and intensity to match. The warrior’s rambling, often unintelligible promos and minimal wrestling skills made no difference to wrestling fans. Over the top in every way, fans were mesmerized by his unmatched look and energy.

№3 The Road Warriors
The term “a road warrior pop”, is a phrase that alludes to the deafening roar of the crowd. For years, this yardstick was when Road Warrior Hawk’s “OOOOOOH, What a Rush” bellowed over the PA system. Hawk and Animal’s intensity, attitude and physical stature were indelible, but their path of destruction in the ring left fans in awe.

№2 Hulk Hogan
During the mid to late 80’s Hulk-a-mania was everywhere; not just in wrestling, but pop culture and mainstream society. Hulk Hogan was the first wrestler to receive this attention on such a grand scale. When Hulk’s “Real American” signature song started, the complete pandemonium ensued. To this day, Hulk Hogan is the most recognized and associated name in wrestling history.

№1 “Stone Cold” Steve Austin
The Attitude Era Monday night wars between Raw and Nitro took place during the peak of wrestling’s popularity. This stage propelled a few performers to stardom. However, the popularity of “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and his antics put him above all else. His disdain for authority and mockery of opponents were tremendous. His sarcasm and sense of humor gave a comedic side to his tough as nails persona. When the sound of breaking glass was heard, crowd explosion followed.
Professional Copywriter & Editor specializing in sports, nutrition and fitness writing.

Haven't you heard - I always have the last word!

https://medium.com/m/signin?actionUrl=/_/vote/p/59a15c840db6&operation=register&redirect=https://medium.com/@michaeldavidsorrentino/pro-wrestlers-with-the-all-time-biggest-pops-59a15c840db6&source=post_actions_footer-----59a15c840db6---------------------clap_footer-----------

tenor.gif

You’re a good little gimmick, I need that type of humor, never let anyone get the last word, troll and sell your gimmick to the end.

Thanks bud

You’re welcome, now go get back to making me laugh.

ZHUI.gif

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Virgil got louder pops than the rock

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

:oops

That's cute.....

Sabretooth

Reaction score
This guy was obviously dropped on his head too much as a child and therefore takes his opinions as facts.

Reactions: Butters

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Are we going to deny Hulk Hogan getting the biggest pop at WM 18?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Are we going to deny Hulk Hogan getting the biggest pop at WM 18?

Nah, Hogan got a bigger pop than WM 18 the next night on Raw:

Rock winning the belt at Backlash was the got a bigger pop, even Austin’s pop a few seconds before that Rock outpopped here was bigger than Hogan’s:

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That Montreal pop is definitely louder and longer than the one at Backlash, but I'm just happy to hear crowds react like that so it doesn't matter to me.

Last edited: