The Promo Advice/Feedback Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
Descriptions? There's more to a promo than just descriptions and quite frankly, your dialog has never really been top notch... Hence why you can only brag about descriptions. Overall, as in descriptions, dialog and overall character development, geek trumps you and everyone RN, IMO.
Never said I was a better writer.
Just saying that I set a scene better than any muhfuckah in these leagues.
Gino be leik:

(Fancey descwiption. loook, meesa fancay)

JSP: Me boring. Grunt.

*End*
:p
*fancy
*description
*look
*me so?
*fancy

Who let the blueberry grab a computer?
You don't get an emoji, fuck you.

• Haha
Reactions: Welsh-Wizard-97

trumanblack

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

Alex Walker's music plays with the crowd erupting with boos from his previous actions last week facing Wayne Wolf

Patrick Young: What a huge win it was for Alex Walker last week after picking up the win against Wayne Wolf. I was certain he would be all talk, but he for sure backed up his words

Anthony Pederson: What are you on about Young!? The kid cheated his way to victory, I saw it, you saw it, we all saw it. Here's a replay on what happened if you missed it.

A replay package is being played with Alex Walker pulling off the turnbuckle whilst on Wolf's shoulders to cause the referee to be distracted, only to then Alex gauge Wayne's eyes with his fingers and hit a low blow following up with a roll up pin getting the three count.

By the time the replay finished Alex Walker was already in the ring with a microphone in hand ready to speak.

"You see that? Some people say that's cheating, Smart people like me say that's talent. I've already explained to the puppy dog that as long as the referee counts for three you are the winner and that is what happened last week. As soon as I stepped foot in this company I said I'll be at the top and look at me already, I have one foot placed past the door. Now to get that other foot through I demand to be given a spot at the Money In The Bank Pay-Per-View in two months time seeing that I beat the guy who claimed he deserved it."

The crowd then begin to boo again

"Oh you can continue booing. Whilst you're using your time doing that I'll be using my time to get to the top where I should be. Once I get what I demand and win the Money In The Bank I'll be coming after one of those two main titles. But for now I've got to deal with another so called champion. Like what? a survival champion what even is that? The only time that championship would ever be prestigious is if I held it around my waist. No one cares that there's a new design to it, it's still a crappy worthless thing just like the guy who holds it right now. Getting to the actual relevant point, Trent what do you say, do you meet my demands?"

Any feedback?

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Any feedback?
Very nice promo, does exactly what it needs to do. Right now Walker is a little bit generic, and that's fine and totally normal because the character is so new. For the future, as well as keeping up what you're doing (because you're doing well!) I'd suggest thinking as much as you can about who the character is, what they do and how they act, and what's going to be different about him than any other character. Originality comes with time and writing, so keep going as you are and I'm sure you'll be one of the better promoers here in no time. :)

Reactions: trumanblack

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Very nice promo, does exactly what it needs to do. Right now Walker is a little bit generic, and that's fine and totally normal because the character is so new. For the future, as well as keeping up what you're doing (because you're doing well!) I'd suggest thinking as much as you can about who the character is, what they do and how they act, and what's going to be different about him than any other character. Originality comes with time and writing, so keep going as you are and I'm sure you'll be one of the better promoers here in no time. :)
He was needing some pro advice. step aside kid and let the man speak :)

Reactions: trumanblack

trumanblack

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Thank you. I tend to try and be unique but I'm not very creative, from what I'm trying to portray is a somewhat Miz gimmick. If you have any ideas or tips for me please message me, will help :)

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Thank you. I tend to try and be unique but I'm not very creative, from what I'm trying to portray is a somewhat Miz gimmick. If you have any ideas or tips for me please message me, will help :)
I know the feel, I've never been an idea fountain but writing for the character a lot helps it take on a life of its own and evolve. I really like the gimmick, interested to see where you go with it.