The Official WWE Release Rumor Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
WWE has Officially released BOTH Konner and Viktor of The Ascension

I honestly forgot they were still employed... It's been that long since I remember'ed seeing them.

But while it sucks to see people fired, it is at least nice to know that finally, WWE is slowly letting some people go. They have overinflated the number of people they have signed and with so many not featured, they need to cut some extra people and let people go wrestle elsewhere. Which it is good that there are so many options now. AEW, MLW, ROH, Impact, general work on the independent scene, you can go abroad, etc.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Glad they're finally doing this. Was getting tired of all the shitty "Vince is holding people hostage" bullshit. RIP jobbers
I mean lets be honest though, kinda hard not to think that when Luke Harper asked for his release, only for them to deny it, despite not using him, and extend his contract for the time he was injured. and also Luke Harper was certainly not a jobber, atleast he shouldnt have been, easily the most talented of the Wyatt Family besides Bray, espacially in the ring.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
I mean lets be honest though, kinda hard not to think that when Luke Harper asked for his release, only for them to deny it, despite not using him, and extend his contract for the time he was injured. and also Luke Harper was certainly not a jobber, atleast he shouldnt have been, easily the most talented of the Wyatt Family besides Bray, espacially in the ring.
Not really though. People shouldn't sign contracts or make agreements that they can't stick to. Harper is a great guy, both in the ring and outside of it. But by no means was he being held hostage against his will. They even tried doing something seemingly important with him, and he still wanted his release, so why would they bother doing anything with the guy?

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Not really though. People shouldn't sign contracts or make agreements that they can't stick to. Harper is a great guy, both in the ring and outside of it. But by no means was he being held hostage against his will. They even tried doing something seemingly important with him, and he still wanted his release, so why would they bother doing anything with the guy?
Everyone has the right to request their release, thats why its a option, its not like he knew they would just not use him, he wasnt happy with not being used and requested his release, thats what happened, even the writers admitted they didnt know he was medically cleared, and after they knew they still didnt use him, so ofcourse he asked for his release, but rather then give the guy his release as they dont use him, they deny him and extend his contract for the time he was injured.

And then, they brought him back just to eat the pins in the roman reigns eric rowen feud and then didnt use him afterward, so ofcourse he wanted to be released even then, why wouldnt he?

Regardless now he has plenty of places to go.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Everyone has the right to request their release, thats why its a option, its not like he knew they would just not use him, he wasnt happy with not being used and requested his release, thats what happened, even the writers admitted they didnt know he was medically cleared, and after they knew they still didnt use him, so ofcourse he asked for his release, but rather then give the guy his release as they dont use him, they deny him and extend his contract for the time he was injured.

And then, they brought him back just to eat the pins in the roman reigns eric rowen feud and then didnt use him afterward, so ofcourse he wanted to be released even then, why wouldnt he?

Regardless now he has plenty of places to go.
Yeah, he's within his rights to request his release, of course. If he's under contract, and they have potential ideas for him or think they may be able to use him, then they're totally within their legal rights also to deny his request as long as both parties are still upholding their end of the agreement.

The Ascension is the ones I'm unsure of how to feel about. I don't pay the closest attention to all the news and dirtsheets and stuff, but I don't recall them asking for their release. Or if they did, they did it the professional way and good for them for getting it granted without having it leaked to the outside world. And if they didn't request it, then I hope the best of luck to the two of them in their future for getting mixed up in all this.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Yeah, he's within his rights to request his release, of course. If he's under contract, and they have potential ideas for him or think they may be able to use him, then they're totally within their legal rights also to deny his request as long as both parties are still upholding their end of the agreement.

The Ascension is the ones I'm unsure of how to feel about. I don't pay the closest attention to all the news and dirtsheets and stuff, but I don't recall them asking for their release. Or if they did, they did it the professional way and good for them for getting it granted without having it leaked to the outside world. And if they didn't request it, then I hope the best of luck to the two of them in their future for getting mixed up in all this.
I'm assuming they did it the formal way. Their last televised match was on main event literally 9 months ago. Neither of them have been injured I believe so they could have just waited out their contract until now. There's no other reason why they wouldn't be used at all especially since War Raiders have been taking on only local competition recently.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
I'm assuming they did it the formal way. Their last televised match was on main event literally 9 months ago. Neither of them have been injured I believe so they could have just waited out their contract until now. There's no other reason why they wouldn't be used at all especially since War Raiders have been taking on only local competition recently.
Yeah, that's what I mean though. Like, did they actually request the release/wait out their contracts? Or did they just get released because WWE was looking to get rid of people and they're like "oh hey, we haven't used these guys, let's release them too"?

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
I know, all im saying is you cant blame the guy for requesting his release from a company that isnt using him.

Ive kept up a bit with who asked for their release, ive heard nothing about The Ascension asking for their release. Luckily for them with so many options out there they got plenty of places they can go, same with Luke Harper and Sin Cara.

Notably ive heard those 4 are the only ones being released today but we will have to wait and see.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
It’s just clicked in my brain that WWE has released these people just before Christmas. Yikes.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
It’s just clicked in my brain that WWE has released these people just before Christmas. Yikes.
Who doesnt love an early christmas present?

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide
Favorite Wrestler
johnmorrison
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Yes that sucks but you almost have to assume wwe pays enough for you to be okay at a point like this right?

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Everyone WWE released today can't sign anywhere until July 14

Deadmanforever97