The Official Wrestlemania 25 Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JTG

Reaction score
WWE Championship Match
Jeff Hardy* vs. Triple-H

Hardy needs a victory at WrestleMania in the main event to cement his main event status. Triple-H wins the 30 Man Royal Rumble and turns heel after Hardy wins the title at the Royal Rumble. In the match, Hardy misses the Swanton and turns around to fall into the arms of a Pedigree, but before Triple-H hits it, Hardy reverses into a Twist of Fate and covers…1...2...3.

Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker
Undertaker wins, making it 17-0.

Money In The Bank Ladder Match
Chris Jericho vs. Christian vs. CM Punk vs. Johnny Nitro vs. Ken Kennedy vs. MVP vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Shelton Benjamin

No buildup, just a match with each superstar being showcased. At the end of the match, Mysterio climbs the ladder, only to see that Christian is playing possum. Unprettier off the ladder, and Christian wins.

Randy Orton vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Austin’s last match. Orton wins.

The Big Show vs. Tito Ortiz
I’m not sure what story can be behind it since there could be so many, but I’m pretty sure that the crowd would be hot for this match.

That’s all I can think of.

xtremebadass

CM54's card is damn good. I love it from top to bottom especially Morrison and Hardy winning the belts. That is very realistic with the McMahon battle.

Wordlife

^yeah I agree with that too... I also like how X-Power said Grudge Match (Jericho vs Christian Cage)... wouldnt that be some amazing shit or what

MattC13

Reaction score
I think that Shelton Benjamin will in the MitB and win it. He's been in every one so far.

Ed_cena

Reaction score
I really dont think that we gonna have triple h vs edge, this match had already happened to many times, I remember one in raw in japan, one in raw when dx vs rated rko feud was around, and great american bash, and everyone knows that wrestlemania main event, its a 1st ever match or like cena vs hbk was a dq one time in raw and nobody remembered(befor taboo tuesday 2005) so I rather have a Edge vs Hardy TLC or something else but not two fucking already seen matches like edge vs hhh or cena vs orton, unless batista vs cena II.

The Rated R CMStar

1) Mania main events are HARDLY first time evers. Edge and HHH have faced, but mostly in some house shows here and there and some Raws. BTW, they never went one on one during the DX vs RRKO feud. They always booked HHH vs Orton and HBK vs Edge.

2) HBK vs Cena had happened MANY times before.

Anyways, I liked Cenamark's card, however to say he's basing HHH vs Batista on current events is really a lie. I reckon that match might happen, but you can't say it has been teased so that one can say it is a will happen.

I still think we are going to see Cena vs Batista II at Mania.

Orton is not main eventing Mania this year in a one on one match. Quote me on that one. If anything, they'll book Cena vs Orton vs Batista.

Also, by any means I am saying it will happen, because I want HBK vs Taker, but am I the only one that sees WWE building up towards HBK vs JBL at Mania?

MattC13

Reaction score
Also, by any means I am saying it will happen, because I want HBK vs Taker, but am I the only one that sees WWE building up towards HBK vs JBL at Mania?

Now that you mention it, it would make more sense for HBK vs. JBL then HBK vs. Taker.

Airfixx

IF we eventually get Edge v Hardy & Taker/HBK @ WM... I am at loss for what they're gonna do with HHH....

1-on-1 with Koslov or an inter-promotional I'm guessing... Maybe we'll get HHH v JBL.

CenaMark54

1) Mania main events are HARDLY first time evers. Edge and HHH have faced, but mostly in some house shows here and there and some Raws. BTW, they never went one on one during the DX vs RRKO feud. They always booked HHH vs Orton and HBK vs Edge.

2) HBK vs Cena had happened MANY times before.

Anyways, I liked Cenamark's card, however to say he's basing HHH vs Batista on current events is really a lie. I reckon that match might happen, but you can't say it has been teased so that one can say it is a will happen.

I still think we are going to see Cena vs Batista II at Mania.

Orton is not main eventing Mania this year in a one on one match. Quote me on that one. If anything, they'll book Cena vs Orton vs Batista.

My rationale for the Batista vs HHH match is based on the fact that there will be a McMahon vs McMahon angle. It will also involve two big name stars who will by then be out of any title hunt. HHH needs some time away from the title, as does Batista. Plus, either HHH or Batista needs a heel turn at some point soon.

I think Orton will be given the chance to main event in a one on one fued this year. He was put in triple threats in the past because he wasn't over enough to warrent a one on one match. Is is way more over now than he was then and has shown significant improvement in all areas.

Ed_cena

Reaction score
WM20-HHH VS BENOIT VS HBK(1ST TIME EVER),WM21 BATISTA VS HHH AND CENA VS JBL(WAS A 1ST TIME EVER), WM22 RKO VS ANGLE VS REY M. the same CENA VS HHH 1st time ever to, WM23 TAKER VS BATISTA the same, CENA VS HBK(was 2nd time, but the first time was a dq match on raw before taboo tuesday, so i doesnt count. WM24 RKO VS HHH VS CENA 1st ever, EDGE VS TAKER(2nd time, but the 1st doesnt count coz was when edge cashed the Money in the bank brief, so looks like the past years were 1st time ever, so NO EDGE VS HHH, just in this AMERICAN BASH they wrestled for the title and was boring as heel, I dont have problems with CENA VS BATISTA II.

Reaction score
Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H - Singles match designed to be a feud-ender?

I don't think Jeff is in the WWE's ME plans at WM (whoa - acronym overload!)

Not sure if the 'E would want Trips at WM for anything but a title match though. Not sure if Levesque would want that either.

The Rated R CMStar

WM20-HHH VS BENOIT VS HBK(1ST TIME EVER),WM21 BATISTA VS HHH AND CENA VS JBL(WAS A 1ST TIME EVER), WM22 RKO VS ANGLE VS REY M. the same CENA VS HHH 1st time ever to, WM23 TAKER VS BATISTA the same, CENA VS HBK(was 2nd time, but the first time was a dq match on raw before taboo tuesday, so i doesnt count. WM24 RKO VS HHH VS CENA 1st ever, EDGE VS TAKER(2nd time, but the 1st doesnt count coz was when edge cashed the Money in the bank brief, so looks like the past years were 1st time ever, so NO EDGE VS HHH, just in this AMERICAN BASH they wrestled for the title and was boring as heel, I dont have problems with CENA VS BATISTA II.

Imo, Triple Threats dont count as first time evers. Which are the odds you will repeat a Triple Threat match? But as I see it, before WM22, we had already seen Rey vs Orton and Rey vs Angle, so it wasn't that of a novelty, Cena vs HBK had wrestle on RAW, on the Triple Threat at CS, were the ones that started at NYR EC 2006, so it wasn't that new, RKO vs HHH vs Cena, we had seen all their combinations already in one on one actions.

Ed_cena

Reaction score
that's true, but at the end is still a 1st time ever, and the singles main events they all were 1st time ever, but this year, it looks that we aint gonna have a 1st time ever, coz we dont really have new main event player, coz wwe screws cm punk, we can easilly have cena vs punk at wm, but i mean punk aint a main event player anymore, so its really hard to predict the main event this year, my only hope its edge vs hardy TLC.

Axis

Imo, Triple Threats dont count as first time evers. Which are the odds you will repeat a Triple Threat match? But as I see it, before WM22, we had already seen Rey vs Orton and Rey vs Angle, so it wasn't that of a novelty, Cena vs HBK had wrestle on RAW, on the Triple Threat at CS, were the ones that started at NYR EC 2006, so it wasn't that new, RKO vs HHH vs Cena, we had seen all their combinations already in one on one actions.
Lol, your reasoning is hilariously bad. The fact is that we had never seen most of the matches he listed. Trying to exclude them due to the fact that you believe they "don't count" doesn't change the fact that the matches were first-time encounters.

xtremebadass

This is how my updated card is looking, what do you think?

World Heavyweight Championship
John Cena* vs. Batista

WWE Championship (TLC maybe?)
Jeff Hardy* vs. Edge(*?)

Triple H vs. Undertaker

HBK vs. JBL

Randy Orton vs. Steve Austin

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Evan Bourne vs. Kofi Kingston vs. John Morrison vs. Miz vs. MVP vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. THE Brian Kendrick vs. Santino Marella

Intercontinental Championship
Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk*

ECW Championship
Extreme Rules

Matt Hardy* vs. Jack Swagger

Raw vs. SmackDown Playboy Showdown
Diva's Champion Maria vs. Women's Champion Kelly Kelly

(I strongly doubt they would have a MITB and TLC in the same show, especially Mania. Two matches where you have to climb ladders to win? Is this amatuer hour?)