The Official Wrestlemania 25 Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

I would tend to agree with you about waiting until after the rumble, but this year I don't see anything to get hyped up about. Certainly the hype will increase closer to the event, but most all the big matches, we will have likely seen before. I doubt RVD/ The Rock will return for a match on these shows. Steve Austin may show up for a final victory. Im just not feeling the magic this year.

Even look at the rumble, who's the favorite to win it? I'm going to the event, and im not all that excited. None of the matches have been announced yet, but it will likely be rematch city. So who's left to win the rumble, Edge, Orton, HHH, Taker. I dont know, seems like the old song and dance. And if Batista magically returns, im going to be PISSED!

I guess one of the few things that would turn my interest up would be a CM Punk push, but he's a pretty big longshot to win the rumble.

The Rated R CMStar

I doubt anyone could be excited from this point for Wrestlemania, the build up has not even started, and for that matter, neiter has the rumors. I agree with TDK, wait for the Rumble.

Personally, I am looking forward to Mania, looking forward on what happens with the SD title situation, looking forward to HBK beating JBL all over the arena, and looking forward to Stone Cold returning to one match.

...but, not that excited as quite frankly it's too early to do so.

Reaction score
Quite sad, because it's a special number as far as a Wrestlemania is concerned, and there's NOTHING as far as feuds go that's exciting for a build-up. There's been 24 successful 'Mania's thus far, and this one should be huge. Yet, other than wanting Cena and Hardy to lose badly, there's no reason to watch.

The Rated R CMStar

Nor it should be, not from already. Wait for after the Rumble and then you can say there's no reason to watch.

The only teased feuds going into Mania is JBL vs HBK, and I wouldn't mind that match, especially if they make it No Holds Barred.

Montana

I think you are misunderstanding what i was trying to say. Its Wrestlemania 25, Of course its going to be a big show and a big deal.

What my point is, I don't predict seeing ANY big matchups that peak MY interest for mania. I can pretty much tell ya right now, almost nothing will happen at the royal rumble. Someone is going to win the rumble, there will be controversy. Even looking at the first time matchups the wwe has left and how many of these are likely?:

Taker vs Y2J
Cena vs. CM Punk
HHH vs. CM Punk
Orton vs Edge (never a major matchup)
Matt vs Jeff ( never a major matchup)

Just look at the best dream cards for WM 25. They look like slightly above average PPVs. SO to peak MY interest, the wwe is going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat. Plus i'm compared this to other manias, in which hype generally starts around Survivor Series.

Evil Austin

The majority are having Edge / Hardy in the main event of WM 25 in a ladder or a TLC match. I say it is going to be a single's match then a TLC / Ladder at another event. because think about it with the Money in the Bank being a version of a six to eight man ladder match. Then why would there be another one later on in the night? just doesn't sink in on me and make sense.

xtremebadass

Cena and Orton would be the new generation colliding. I think it would be good for both superstars and just the idea would be great and the build up would be pretty sweet too.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
The IC title better be defended. An IC title DVD, Santino trying to be the greatest IC champion ever, and a IC title tournament. Keep this hype up with a battle royal to determine the number 1 contender for the IC title at WM.

The Rated R CMStar

...that if CM Punk is the champion. If William Regal remains the champion going to Mania, then I can survive with not getting a title match at Mania.

And while I agree Cena vs Orton would be good, I don't know, it just doesn't feel like a worthy, Wrestlemania ending main event to me.

Reaction score
The IC title race is packed with some very decent mid-carders. It should be an awesome match if you get CM Punk vs. William Regal after a heightened feud.

The Rated R CMStar

Well, that would be your opinion. For me, Jeff Hardy vs Edge seems interesting, and it will get more interesting when the actual build up starts. JBL is hated by many, but I am waiting for HBK to kick his ass at Mania, and their feud hasn't even completely started.

As for the matches that have been given in the WM25 card, they have not been dream cards, but more as probable cards, and the reason it seems lackluster is because it featured Batista and JBL in prominent matches, and most of the members hate him.

In the end, I am looking forward for:

Hardy vs Edge

HBK vs JBL

Whoever faces Taker, either Y2J or HHH.

Reaction score
I feel that they messed up when they gave the title to Hardy. Had they waited and played it up to Mania, it would have given him a even bigger push and would have given Mania more hypefactor IMHO. WWE will figure it out, but I thought they cashed in that check too quickly being as they already waited as long as they did.

Reaction score
Man.. what the hell is the main event card going to look like this year? It looks like it's going to suck.

Ed_cena

Reaction score
It looks like we dont gonna get fresh match-ups this wm25, it looks potentially the worst wrestlemania in the last years, I cant see a great match coming or something new. Last year we already knew about edge vs taker, flair vs michaels, this year looks like nothing good is coming.