The Official Wrestlemania 25 Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LadyHotrod

I don't know why people keep hanging on to hope that the Rock will someday come back.

He wont, ever. He is focused on making movies that his kids can watch.

Chaingang23

Reaction score
when the Rock left years ago, it was 4 good IMO. he might make an appearance, but tbh, i dnt think he will wrestle.

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
QUOTE]Will The Rock be in WrestleMania 25?[[/QUOTE]

No

Travis40

The Rock is done with wrestling. The Rock owes wrestling nothing. The Rock is a damn fine actor, and will continue to make great movies. I'm still 100% certain that Rock/Foley vs. Evolution at Mania XX was his last match ever.

Lita_Hardy

Reaction score
It would be awesome if the Rock made an appearance, but I think he wants to distance himself from wrestling so he can be taken as a serious actor.

I think that his connetion to wrestling boosts his acting career. He should come back into the WWE spotlight. But what kind of match would he have? Who would he wrestle? My first thought is Stone Cold - but I find their matches to be gimmicky.

Reaction score
Why would he not return for a Wrestlemania XXV appearance? He can use the opportunity to plug Race to Witch Mountain to a huge global audience, which will be in the process of worldwide release around the Wrestlemania date.

The fans will get their money's worth when the Great One hits the mic. It's win-win.

I couldn't imagine that Dwayne does not see this as a great opportunity from a self-business development perspective. It would be in the back of his mind.

Beer Money Army

so if The rock shows up to Wrestlemania 25.. What would he do on the show? (he won't wrestle, althought his in ring wrestling work is overrated)

but here is some other options

Speak????? or he could say his catchphrases???? or maybe his eyebrow??? or maybe he could carry the other wrestlers bags into there locker room once they arrive at the arena???? or he could be the coffee getter bitch????

that would be something that TNA would do....:shifty:

But there is alot i just said that the rock could do for wrestlemania 25....

C4

NO, It's almost impossible.

Even though I'm a big fan of The Rock and I would love to see him be involved in some backstage segment or whatever at WrestleMania, I doubt he would actually sign an agreement.

SnackZ

Reaction score
Randy Orton vs. HHH (c) - I really don't want Austin reffing this match - this is a no gimmicks needed feud that adding Austin to will benefit no one

Taker vs. HBK will be MOTN imo - I'm really torn on whether HBK should end the streak or not but if ANYONE should why not him, so looking forward to this one.

thats all for now

MC Rae

Reaction score
If The Rock had ANYTHING about him, he'd do WrestleMania this year, even if it was just a small segment. But, yeah It's is in reality highly unlikely he'll do something.

Also, Taker/Michaels is an absolute dream 'Mania match. I seriously cannot wait for it.

noumenon

Sorry to sound negative...but... at this point I really don't think we're going to see the amazing 25th anniversary of Mania that we were expecting...
At this point a lot of things seem to be extremely sloppy and not too well put together..
Let's examine what we're most likely going to get at Mania.

Triple H vs. Randy Orton (WWE title)
At this point this honestly seems like it's going to be the best thing at Mania. The story line was built extremely well (besides a few plot holes with the HHH/McMahon shit). I think we're still in store for another swerve with this one. My only complaints are the fact that it's kind of leaving Priceless with nothing much to do but tag along with Orton. And we haven't even seen the actual WWE Title since last PPV!!!!!!!!!

Edge vs. Big Show (World Heavyweight Title) OR Edge/Cena/Big Show.
This is one sloppy piece of shit if you ask me. Where the hell did Big Show come into this one and why the hell is he all of a sudden ready to headline Mania after doing a whole lot of nothing since his return? The whole Edge swerve at the elimination chamber was great...but this feud has gone to utter shit since then. Am I the only one who is really not looking foward to Big Show vs. Edge? A 20 minute match of Big Showing huffing and puffing and lumbering around and throwing THE WORST rapid fire punches ever into the corner 80 times.

HBK vs Taker
This one is more the novelty of it all. Doesn't really need much build besides a few staredowns I suppose. But of course WWE made this one look horrible already with their assinine booking.
Kozlov beats Taker
HBK beats Kozlov.......quite easily.......equals....
HBK >>>>> Taker !?!?
And the fact that this was chosen in place of the extremely emotional in depth feud of JBL/HBK is also kind of upsetting.

Chris Jericho vs. Mickey Rourke? Piper? Hogan????
Who knows. We're really not sure where this one is going. But we haven't seen Jericho wrestle in what...a month? Jericho is of course doing an amazing job on the mic with these legends, berating them and what not. But honestly, how many different Young Stars vs. Legends feuds do we really need. Jericho is being wasted at Mania this year, plain and simple. Especially after the incredible year he's had.

Jeff vs Matt
This one started out with a nice swerve as well, with Matt being the attacker, but since then has kind of fizzled.
We've got Jeff who was nearly killed by his own brother....yet doesn't really seem to care. So why are we supposed to care?
Matt teaming with the guy who was a few years back fucking his girlfriend.
Now they're already handing the match to us next week on Smackdown. I really think WWE is trying to feel this one out and decide whether or not to pull the plug on it before Mania.

On top of that we've got the IC champion gunning for a World Title shot while not even defending the belt that they seemed so eager to bring prestige back to.

My faith is quickly running out for this year's Mania...how about you guys?

Soulpower

John Cena should be in the MITB match.. There I said it!

Plus, there would be the intrigue of whether or not Cena would cash it in that very night against Edge (Coming full circle from the time Edge cashed in his MITB against Edge).

Montana

I thought i made a thread about that in this section back in december, however i believe it's gone now. Everyone was crying "wait till after the rumble" Well, the rumble came and left. Then it was "wait till no way out" Well, No way out came and left. Yeah, It's mania, it will be a big show, but they had to pull a rabbit of their hat to make it special or standout. The past year the wwe focused so much on making every PPV good, it's hurt mania in the long run.

I pretty much explained this all months ago, but everyone came up with "best case scenarios" and the wwe had nothing at the time.

I pretty much agree with everyone noumenon said. You got some good matches, (HHH/Orton Taker/HBK) but overall it doesn't feel all that special.

I like SP's idea....However I'd put HBK in MITB and Cena vs Undertaker...what would be intersting to me.

* if whomever moved/deleted the original thread could please pm me*