*The Official Wrestlemania 24 Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

619ENRIQUE

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to all the matches except the tag team match and the SD! vs Raw match doesnt really interest me

as for what the main event will be, im pretty sure it will be the triple threat match

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I have a feeling that show maywheather is going to be a huge bust.

EdgeHead

Reaction score
they should advertise the ME to be Kelly Kelly getting naked and right when she is about to take her top off Right to Censor comes out and announces their return. That would make mania history.

Evil Austin

^^ why would you want Right too Censer to return ? They absolutely sucked monkey balls. they were horrible i am happy they are gone with that annoying entrance music....

Anyway I can't wait for mania i have in my country less than 24 hours

HHHforever

Reaction score
Well now that I've seen SD! I think it's time for me to make my picks.

ECW Rumble-Kane. I just think that not having Kane in a match at WM if he's healthy would be a big mistake by the WWE. He deserves to be there and in an actual match, I consider this rumble to be nothing more than a glorified dark match. If not Kane I expect a face to win, but outside of him I'm not sure who, so I'll stick with Kane.

ECW Title Match-Kane. Again I think he deserves to have sort of title, I'd rather him get a better one that this, but he deserves a title and this would be a good oppurtunity to give him one.

Finlay vs. JBL-Finlay. Doesn't really seem to make much sense to give JBL the win here. The build up for this match has been awful imo, but I'm glad cuz I want this storyline to die. I expect Hornswoggle will show up and end up costing JBL the match.

Bunny Mania Thing- Ashley and Maria. Doesn't make sense to have the heels win here and this is nothing more than a bathroom break to me. This will probably be a snozer, but maybe Snoop will make things interestsing haha.

Flair vs. HBK- HBK. Absolutely cannot wait for this match. I think this will be a great match and it looks like the time has come for Flair's in-ring career to end. I'm not sure if this will steal the show, but it will be right up there and will be the most memorable match at Mania.

Show vs. Mayweather-MM. I don't think that MM would do this match if he was going to lose. I expect a lot of intereference in this one, not sure by who or what, but this won't just be these two going at it. Not expecting a 5 star match by any means, but it should be interesting if for no other reason than the size difference and the fact that MM has never wrestled before.

Batista-Umaga. Batista. I'm going to go Batista here, but I'm not sure because I don't think that they would want SD! to have "brand supremecy". Although I didn't like the build up for this match, I think it will be a great match. Umaga has been outstanding lately, especially at NWO, so I'm expecting good things from a work rate stand point in this one.

MITB-Kennedy. Not sure about this one, out of the current wrestlers in the match I think he makes the most sense. I really, really expect someone to show up as a surprised 8th entry. It should be a great match, with some amazing high spots. This should be a really good one no matter who wins the match.

Taker vs. Edge-Taker. I dunno it could go either way, but how can you go against 15-0. It's never happened before so I don't see why he'd lose now. These two can wrestle so this should be a great one.

HHH vs. Cena vs. Orton-HHH. He has an absolutely horrid record at Mania and has gotten shit on in his last 3 matches there. I think the time has come for him to win one. This one will also be a very, very good match I think.

EdgeHead

Reaction score
picks

ecw rumble- khali
ecw title- khali
finaly vs jbl - finlay
bunny- ashley and maria
flair vs hbk- hbk
batista umaga- batista unless there is outside interfearence
MITB- Jericho
taker vs edge- edge!
trip threat- Cena aka God of WWE. Get ready for another 10 month cena title reign.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Check out the video below, it's a preview of the Wrestlemania 24 stage.

[YT]5WNgqyIfuzM[/YT]

And on the topic of what should main-event Wrestlemania, a tri-promotion elimination match: WWE vs. TNA vs. ROH!

Christian

Reaction score
ecw rumble- kane
ecw title- kkane
finlay vs jbl - finlay
bunnymania- glamazon/melina
flair vs hbk - hbk
batista vs umangaaaaaaaa- umangaaaaaaaa
MITB- kyj
taker vs edge- taker
triple threat- hhh

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Nice video, it's going to be amazing tonight. I read an article on wwe.com that had an interview with the pyro guy that said the fire in Takers entrance will go higher than the actual stadium. And that the pyro will be like the Fourth of July meets the Olympics at the Super Bow. That would be impressive.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I hear it’s currently raining in Orlando so I don’t know how much of an effect (if any) that will have on the pyro.

todd_gaines

Reaction score
so cool seeing taker come out as his old school 97/98 self , it was a great wrestlemania, maybe top 7 or so, but nothing beats wrestlemania 17.

Reaction score
Australia... and no, I do not ride around on a Kan
Awesome PPV, imo best WM since WM 20, but the order was a bit stupid.

The Belfast Brawl was great, the MITB shouldn't have been been the second match at all, it was just awesome, Batista vs Umaga was the meh match same with the womans match, the ECW title match wasn't really a match at all, but it is great to see Kane get a top title, hopefully he keeps it for at least a few month. Michaels vs Flair was great, most of us knew Flair was loose, but you gotta admit, it was sad to see him loose and retire :( The tirple threat match was not as good as I thought it was gonna be but it was still a solid match, Orton winning was a shock, not what I was expecting at all. Show vs Mayweather was meh Edge vs Undertaker was a classic, probably would be close to the greatest match of the whole night.

Overall, awesome PPV, the card wasn't ordered very well was the only problem.

TABs rating: *****

King Of Kings

Reaction score
orton retains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

That was a big surprise i hope he continues the fued with trips while cena fued with jericho. Jericho should be put in a tag match with cena then jericho turns on him because he was the reason he was fired.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Oh goodie, 16-0.

As great as Undertaker is and as deserving as he is to be in the main event, i'm getting pretty sick of this undefeated streak. This means he's going to win at least the next four WMs, since the next logical potential end will be on his 21st match. It takes all the unpredictability and excitement from the match, and as great as the performers may be, you still know what will ultimately happen. I hate predictability in any match. When the match is Batista Vs. Domino or Edge Vs. Funaki or Ric Flair Vs. Anyone prior to the match half an hour ago I just cringe, and it's barely worth watching. To pull something as predictable as a squash match at WM, as great as the performers may be, is just a waste of money imo.