• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
The Idea of a small tourney has really grown on me, it would feature your top talent multiple times with several unexpected matchups. This would be a great spot to establish new main eventers, or put someone like Edge or Kennedy over. At Wrestlemania 4, its established Ted Diabase, and The Macho Man.

They could put first round matchups between : HHH vs Cena, Kennedy vs Carlito , Mysterio vs Orton, Hbk vs Edge.

Guys like Batista, Beniot, Jeff Hardy, Cm PUnk Lashley, RVD, Taker, Kane, MVP are availible for the tournament or other matchups.

It would be a great time to cement someone other than Cena or HHH as a top guy, without having to worry about buy rates if someone like Kennedy, or Mysterio headlined Mania. It would also feature more wrestling, and less promos, and Entering/exitiing the ring. It could be wrong on this, but i believe wm 23 only featured about 120 of 240 minutes of wrestling.

I really like the idea of doing a 8 to 16 man tournament for the WWE Championship/World Championship(which would be vacant) at Wrestlemania 24.Have it where the match-ups are randomly picked(or done by seeding like NCAA Basketball tournament is done) and I think it would be a great idea and it would be a good way to put over young talent like Kennedy,CM Punk,MVP and so on.

Superstars I would have in it...

1.)Edge
2.)CM Punk
3.)Chris Benoit
4.)Mr.Kennedy
5.)John Cena
6.)Triple H
7.)Undertaker
8.)MVP
9.)Rob Van Dam
10.)Carlito
11.)Batista
12.)Ric Flair
13.)Bobby Lashley
14.)Randy Orton
15.)Rey Mysterio
16.)Booker T

Reaction score
i think it will be

RAW: Orton vs either HBK or Triple H

Smackdown: Undertaker VS Kane

But we dont know what will happen when Triple H returns

Montana

I really like the idea of doing a 8 to 16 man tournament for the WWE Championship/World Championship(which would be vacant) at Wrestlemania 24.Have it where the match-ups are randomly picked(or done by seeding like NCAA Basketball tournament is done) and I think it would be a great idea and it would be a good way to put over young talent like Kennedy,CM Punk,MVP and so on.

Superstars I would have in it...

1.)Edge
2.)CM Punk
3.)Chris Benoit
4.)Mr.Kennedy
5.)John Cena
6.)Triple H
7.)Undertaker
8.)MVP
9.)Rob Van Dam
10.)Carlito
11.)Batista
12.)Ric Flair
13.)Bobby Lashley
14.)Randy Orton
15.)Rey Mysterio
16.)Booker T

Yea, if it were 16 it would have to be 5 hours ( nothing wrong with it) Cause its 15 matches.. With 8 its only seven matches. I also agree with your top 16 too, except perhaps replace flair with Jeff Hardy, Nitro or Umaga, not sure flair will be still be full time next year.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
If you look at Survivor Series 1998(which had the deadly game tournament for the WWE Championship) there was 14 matches and they pulled it off in 3 hours so I think WWE could pull off 15 in 4 hours.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_Series_1998

And if 16 doesn't work have a 12 man tournament.

EdgeHead

Reaction score
WWE Title
Undertaker vs Triple H

World Heavyweight Title
Kennedy vs Batista

The Ripper

Reaction score
If you look at Survivor Series 1998(which had the deadly game tournament for the WWE Championship) there was 14 matches and they pulled it off in 3 hours so I think WWE could pull off 15 in 4 hours

WWE did not have 14 matches in this tournament they had 12 Austin got a bye and undertaker and kane did not have a first round match so there was 3 matches took out of tournament and you had a 4 second match and a 30 second match. not really classed as matches to me at least 3 minutes is a match. so you may aswell say that there was 10 real matches in the tournament

Truth

Reaction score
If i had to choose now I would say Cena isnt in the main event, its been 3 years in arow where hes been in a WWE or WHC title match at WM, they wont make it 4. Im thinking a face HHH vs heel Mr Kennedy for the WWE title and for the WHC title I cant really say, but I would want Randy Orton vs. Benoit (brand switches between now and then).

Montana

If i had to choose now I would say Cena isnt in the main event, its been 3 years in arow where hes been in a WWE or WHC title match at WM, they wont make it 4. Im thinking a face HHH vs heel Mr Kennedy for the WWE title and for the WHC title I cant really say, but I would want Randy Orton vs. Benoit (brand switches between now and then).

I agree. I actually had those 2 matches on my dream wm 23 card. I thought a "coming of age" match for Kennedy vs HHH would be huge. Kennedy could still lose, but come out better off. HHH could have gotten a win, since hes lost the past 3 manias. It also appears the WWE is fully behind Kennedy in making him a star, which is good.

Orton vs Beniot. I've been asking for this for 2 years. Im sure they've fought before but not on a big stage like mania. These guys are kinda like throwbacks to the old, and have two distint personalities. I think this fued would be explosive.

With those two being main events, who would Cena fight? Lashley? Punk?

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
WWE did not have 14 matches in this tournament they had 12 Austin got a bye and undertaker and kane did not have a first round match so there was 3 matches took out of tournament and you had a 4 second match and a 30 second match. not really classed as matches to me at least 3 minutes is a match. so you may aswell say that there was 10 real matches in the tournament

1.)Tournament First Round: Mankind defeated Duane Gill

2.)Tournament First Round: Al Snow (w/Head) defeated Jeff Jarrett (w/Debra)

3.)Tournament First Round: Steve Austin defeated The Big Boss Man

4.)Tournament First Round: X-Pac fought Steven Regal to a no-contest

5.)Tournament First Round: Ken Shamrock defeated Goldust

6.)Tournament First Round: The Rock defeated The Big Boss Man

7.)Tournament Quarter-Final: The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer) defeated Kane

8.)Tournament Quarter-Final: Mankind defeated Al Snow (w/Head)

9.)Tournament Quarter-Final: The Rock defeated Ken Shamrock
Steve Austin received a bye in his Quarter-Final match to qualify to the Semi-Finals.

10.)Sable defeated Jacqueline (w/Marc Mero) to win the WWF Women's Championship

11.)Tournament Semi-Final: Mankind defeated Steve Austin

12.)Tournament Semi-Final: The Rock defeated The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer)

13.)The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn and Road Dogg) defeated D'Lo Brown and Mark Henry and The Headbangers (Mosh and Thrasher) in a Triple Threat match to retain the WWF Tag Team Championship

14.)Tournament Final: The Rock defeated Mankind to win the vacant WWF Championship

I don't care if all 14 matches were under 20 seconds there was still 14 booked matches that took place and WWE pulled it off in 3 hours,So like I said if they could do 14 in 3 hours why can't they do 15 matches 4 hours??

Maloney

Reaction score
Raw ME
Cena(c) vs. Orton

thats my prediction if Orton dont get released before that.

Great One

RAW

A combination of Triple H, Edge, or Kennedy.

Smackdown

A combination of Cena, Orton, Benoit, or Batista.

Montana

Raw ME
Cena(c) vs. Orton

thats my prediction if Orton dont get released before that.

The wwe has been saving that for a special time. It was supposedto/ rumored to happen at wm 22 and 23. Orton keeps screwing it up. Im pretty sure they've given up on the Cena/Orton thing and Kennedy will likely take Ortons spot on the ladder of the wwe.

The Icon

Reaction score
Maybe these would be good:
WWE Championship: (c) Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
World Heavyweight Championship: (c) Edge vs. Kennedy vs. Batista
WWE Championship: (c) Randy Orton vs. Undertaker
World Heavyweight Championship: (c) Kennedy vs. Chris Benoit
WWE Championship: (c) John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H

CenaMark54

I think one match is already certain. It will be Edge vs Taker for the WHC. I think Edge will end Taker's streak.

The Raw main event will either be Cena vs HHH, Orton vs Cena, or Cena vs Batista.

3lions

Reaction score
I doubt there are any contrete plans for the Mania ME yet, although there will obviously be a working plan. I would love to see an Undertaker/Edge feud, which climaxes at Mania 24, but I really can't see Taker losing his streak. He seems to be obsessed with it and can't see him allowing anyone to take it from him. But if Edge were to be the man who ends the streak, it would add a new level to his 'controverisal' resumé.