The Official Upcoming Wrestling DVDs Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Re: Wrestling DVD's Thread!

I just added two more DVD's to my collection today.

The True Story Of Wrestlemania (3 disc DVD)
The Undertaker's Deadliest Matches (3 disc DVD)

Castiel

Reaction score

I actually enjoyed The True Story of WrestleMania for what it was worth.

bryandanielsondvdfinal.jpg

One of the founding fathers of Ring of Honor, Bryan Danielson fought to earn his reputation as one of the best wrestlers in the world from day one and helped put ROH on the wrestling map. Crisp technical wrestling, vicious submissions, and fierce strikes are just some of the hallmarks Danielson brings to the table every time he enters the squared circle. It was those attributes that eventually brought him to the ROH World Title and helped establish a reign that will forever stand tall in ROH’s history books.

With battles against AJ Styles, CM Punk, Austin Aries, Jushin Liger & Jay Briscoe, amongst many others, this 2-Disc set is a look at 13 of the best matches from the early years of Bryan Danielson's ROH career. From his “Epic Encounter” with Paul London to the beginning stages of Bryan’s historic ROH World Championship run, these matches are part of what define him as an ROH Legend. This is Bryan Danielson, this is wrestling, this is The American Dragon…

Disc 1
1. vs. Paul London...The Epic Encounter 4/12/03
2. vs. AJ Styles...Main Event Spectacles 11/1/03
3. vs. Jay Briscoe...Final Battle 2003 12/27/03
4. vs. CM Punk...ROH Reborn Stage 1 4/23/04
5. vs. Aries (Final Fall- SOTF 2004)...Survival of the Fittest 2004 6/24/04
6. vs. Austin Aries (2 Out Of 3 Falls)...Testing The Limit 8/7/04

Disc 2
7. vs. Samoa Joe (ROH World Title Match)...Midnight Express Reunion 10/2/04
8. vs. Jushin Liger...Weekend of Thunder Night 1 11/5/04
9. Bryan Danielson & Low Ki vs. Jushin Liger & Samoa Joe...Weekend of Thunder Night 2 11/6/04
10. vs. Homicide (Steel Cage Match)...Final Showdown 5/13/05
11. vs. James Gibson (ROH World Title Match)...Glory By Honor IV 9/17/05
12. vs. Christopher Daniels...A Night of Tribute 11/19/05
13. vs. Naomichi Marufuji...Final Battle 2005 12/17/05

Another really good looking set from ROH! When I get money it's all going to ROH.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

looks cool as fuck that set, although I'm more excited about a set covering the next four years of his ROH run. That's where the money is at.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Looks like an awesome set. Daniel Br... Bryan Danielson deserves it

The Viper

Reaction score

CM Punk hints at Ring of Honor (and other Indy promotions) footage being shown on his upcoming DVD set.

CM Punk has revealed on Twitter that early this morning marked the first day of shooting for his WWE DVD.

The new DVD, which is bound to be produced on Blu-ray format too, is slated for release later this year in September and according to Punk himself he’s the one fully in charge.

One of his tweets today, shown below, might be hinting that he’s managed to get WWE to include Ring of Honor (ROH) footage on the set, whilst referencing other independent wrestling promotions CM Punk was a part of early on in his career.

"Oh hey. Day 1 of filming for this little DVD thing I’m doing. No time like 5:30 AM to capture my true crabby essence.

Man. This DVD is going to be so great. #LWF #MAW #SDW #IWA #IWC #ROH #OVW #WWE"

That’s Lunatic Wrestling Federation, Mid-American Wrestling, Steel Domain Wrestling, Independent Wrestling Association Mid-South, International Wrestling Cartel, Ring of Honor, Ohio Valley Wrestling, and World Wrestling Entertainment.

Of course, that doesn’t yet confirm WWE will be using footage from other promotions in the DVD in terms of matches or flashbacks, but it certainly means there will at least be discussion of them in the biography. All except TNA Wrestling that is, which Punk neglected to mention in today’s tweet.

Castiel

Reaction score

The fact that Punk is fully in charge of the set is so awesome, I have great expectations for that DVD man!

Postman Dave

Reaction score

That’s Lunatic Wrestling Federation, Mid-American Wrestling, Steel Domain Wrestling, Independent Wrestling Association Mid-South, International Wrestling Cartel, Ring of Honor, Ohio Valley Wrestling, and World Wrestling Entertainment.

I reckon the most likely ones we'll get matches from are Steel Domain & OVW. I think everything else (apart from WWE of course) is going to be a stretch.

The Viper

Reaction score

I can see some ROH footage being put on there. I'm sure Punk will do anything within his power to get all of those companies he mentioned on that DVD. Somehow, someway. I see either an ROH match on there (yes, I can see Vince paying them a pretty penny to use the match) or at the very least have Punk talk about ROH and show some footage.

Either way, I can't fucking wait for this DVD. There are 3 DVD's I'm anxiously waiting for. Clash of the Champions, You Think You Know Me: The Story of Edge and this Punk DVD. Gonna be a good year for wrestling DVD's. And apparently, they're thinking of releasing a "Best of the Attitude Era" DVD.

Reaction score

There's no way a ROH match will be included on Punk's DVD. At best, I imagine Punk will briefly talk about his pre-WWE career during the bio. Names like ROH, Ace Steel and Colt Cabana will all be mentioned. Perhaps a still photograph or two will be shown.

I can't see the WWE allowing another company to get room on their precious DVD's and pay for it to boot. I do expect a couple of OVW matches to make the cut though.

Castiel

Reaction score

apparently, they're thinking of releasing a "Best of the Attitude Era" DVD.

That would sell huge, there's a lot of people out there that are all about the Attitude Era! Half weren't even alive for it or haven't really seen any of it so it's a good market!

Sabretooth

Reaction score

The Best Pay Per View Matches of 2011 just arrived. Sweet.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

I don't know what kind of illusion-based world you folks are living in, but you're dreaming if you think ROH is showing up on a WWE DVD. Not in this lifetime, muchachos. WWE wouldn't risk getting ROH more viewers as it continues to grow by mentioning them too much on the DVD, nevertheless giving them footage to go off of. Plus, WWE isn't going to pay ROH to show them on their DVD. ROH should be paying WWE if anything. Really, it would almost be like WWE endorsing ROH, distributing a match or two of theirs to the millions of people who will ultimately lay eyes on this DVD.

It's possible, like HF86 said, that they might show Punk with the ROH title, with a little caption below it, or maybe have he and the other Second City Saints in some fashion featured in a photo, but that's pretty much the full extent of ROH's potential involvement in the DVD...

The Viper

Reaction score

That would sell huge, there's a lot of people out there that are all about the Attitude Era! Half weren't even alive for it or haven't really seen any of it so it's a good market!

Yeah, it's gonna be interesting to see if they actually do and what material they're gonna put on it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Yeah, it's gonna be interesting to see if they actually do and what material they're gonna put on it.

All I can say is they better put Austin vs Rock I and II

Castiel

Reaction score

Punk: The Final Chapter came today after only a nearly a month of waiting.... great show!