1. Welcome to the Wrestlingsmarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dismiss Notice

The Official Upcoming Wrestling DVDs Thread!

Discussion in 'General Wrestling' started by Castiel, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Castiel

Castiel Well-Known Member

Being able to buy things online now I've been jumping into buying wrestling DVD's and generally following what ones are coming out and such so I figure why not a thread to discuss it? Whatever DVD's you own, you can list them! Whenever you pick a new wrestling DVD, you can post it here! Etc, etc, ETC~!

ROH has just released a new DVD chronicling the Summer Of Punk!

[​IMG]

If you missed this amazing storyline then pick it up. Once I get some cash I'm definitely grabbing it. Speaking of Punk he's getting his own WWE 3 Disc DVD! Sure to be awesome, just heard him announce it from a few weeks ago's Art Of Wrestling and he said he gets to choose everyone who's interviewed, the matches, and all that other great stuff! Really pumped for that, and I don't even like Punk! :)shifty:)

Speaking of the Summer Of Punk I bought Punk: The Final Chapter awhile ago which is of course CM Punk's ROH farewell show! It's an iconic show so I felt it would be pretty cool to own. Following that I went over to ProWrestlingGuerrilla.com and bought 'FEAR' and 'Steen Wolf' which both look awesome!

Those are the first wrestling DVD's I've bought since Raw's 15th Anniversary DVD. :lol:

2. MitchDynamite

MitchDynamite I'm back bitches

brethart2
    danielbryan
    deanambrose
    rvd
    mickfoley
    therock
    Re: Wrestling DVD's Thread!

I hadn't bought any in a while until last fall. I bought WM XXVI, XXVII, Money in the Bank 2011, and The Best of Raw 2009. The only reason I bought Best of Raw was because it was discounted by Best Buy at like 5 bucks so that's a steal. XXVI was like 25 bucks so not too bad since it was like the ultimate package. XXVII was just a single disc but it was a good price. MITB was on sale for a couple days when it was released at 17.99 so how could I not buy that.

3. The Viper

The Viper Well-Known Member

That "Summer of Punk" DVD looks phenomenal.

The last wrestling DVD I purchased was the new Stone Cold DVD on Black Friday. Great fucking DVD that is. One of my top 5 wrestling DVD sets of all time. Amazing shit.

The next couple of wrestling DVD's I plan on getting is Royal Rumble, that motherfucking Summer of Punk DVD, The Dwayne Johnson DVD and the new Edge DVD "You Think You Know Me? The Story of Edge". All of them should be some great buys.

4. Castiel

Man, I told myself that I was going to get Edge and Austin's last DVD's and now they've got new ones?! I still need to get the old ones... I haven't heard anything on the Edge DVD but for some reason I want it already. Lol, I also still want Eddie's last DVD, the one before it (Cheating Death, Stealing Life) was one of my favorite DVD's of all time.

The only personal superstar set I have is RVD's "One Of A Kind", the way I got it was years ago my friend got it and he accidentally order 2 so as a result I got a free copy! Lol, it's great too.

5. The Viper

Well, the Edge DVD is coming out in April but I'm gonna pre-order it from Amazon and you haven't heard of the new Stone Cold DVD, "The Bottom Line"? It just came out in December :lol: WWE was advertising it hella before it came out. I highly recommend it.

I love that RVD set. Great matches and one of my first 2-disc WWE DVD sets I've ever got.

Since 2009, I've gotten every single WWE PPV on DVD but now I'm missing the last 4 PPV's of 2011. I'm fucking pissed :lol: I've fell off the wagon a bit.

Here's the cover and the listing for the new Edge DVD that's coming out:

[​IMG]

6. Castiel

Nah I've heard of the Austin one, I'm just saying I still haven't even gotten to the old Austin one! Lol

7. McGrady

McGrady McGrady

ajstyles2
    cmpunk3
    chrisjericho2
    samoajoe

I bought Wrestling's Greatest Stars of the 80's as well Wrestling's Greatest Stars of the 90's in a big box set about a week ago. Each one was a 3-disc collection, and they came together as six discs in all, and only cost me $17.99. I won't say the DVDs were impeccable, but they were pretty cool from a documentary standpoint. Since it was a WWE Home Video, I was a little surprised about how much they covered a lot of the territories. They mention Verne Gagne and AWA a ton in the 80's one, and also mentioned Hiro Matsuda and Jack Briscoe throughout. Whenever I watched it, it was the first time I figured out that Ric Flair was adopted. I went and checked his wikipedia and it was right there, so I don't know how I missed it.

The 90's one was also pretty good. It featured Hulk and Ric also, even though they were on the 80's disc, but I honestly didn't mind. The issue I had with the 90's disc is that it was all out of order. I seemed random, because it went from Yokozuna, to The Rock, to Nash, to Owen in no particular sequence, and those were just the first four superstars. In all there was 18 stars documented on it, 3 of them were Vince, Eric, and Paul and then (even though the cover never mentioned it) they had short segments about the diva's of the 90's as well as the terrible gimmicks of early 90's. I was a bit surprised by WWE's admitting of their fault in the creation of everyone from Bastion Booger to Max Moon. The beneift the 90's disc also had was more matches, as well as better matches. I think in the 80's one, they were just trying to get a random match of each star in there, but in the 90's one, they really gave them an appropriate highlight. They put HBK vs. Hart from SS 1992, Vader vs. Sting from Slamboree 1994 (they had one or two better matches, I'll admit), and the steel cage match between Hunter and Mankind from 1997, so this DVD is a winner to me.

They did snub a few people though. I feel like they easily could have put Macho Man on the 80's one, rather than Mr. Wonderful or JYD, considering the high point of Orndorff's success in the 80's was appearing the main event of the first WrestleMania, which a lot of people forget anyways. Everyone else on the list was fine though, however I still find it odd that they began the 80's disc with Bobby Heenan... think they would try to start out on a higher note than Bobby. I can't complain about the superstars featured on the 90's disc, BUT, and I don't want it to sound like I don't respect Owen, but Owen could have been replaced. Rick Rude and Curt Hennig each had more illustrious careers than Owen during the 90's, given their notable reigns with the IC Title. The only thing they really covered with Owen was his estranged family, which really doesn't earn him a big spot on the DVD to me. I love him as a wrestler but his impact wasn't real important, and his significance was only way up there for a couple of years. Hell, I'd say DDP has just about as much claim to this DVD than Owen. But, I'll take what I can get.

80's DVD Listing:
    90's DVD Listing

8. The Viper

Oh Oh Oh. I guess I took that out of context lol

Yeah dude, go buy it. Instead of buying tampons for your vagina, go and buy the Stone Cold DVD.

9. MitchDynamite

MitchDynamite I'm back bitches

brethart2
    danielbryan
    deanambrose
    rvd
    mickfoley
    therock

The superstar packs I own are:
    - RVD: One of a King
    - Brock Lesnar: Here Comes the Pain (bought it for like 5 bucks)
    - McMahon
    - Shawn Michaels: From the Vault
    - Tombstone: The History of the Undertaker

I was honestly extremely disappointed by HBK DVD. It was still great but WWE hyped it up for a while in 2003 and I was so excited cause I bought it at a sale price and it just didn't really tell a good story.

10. Sabretooth

Sabretooth Well-Known Member

I don't have any superstar life story's. I should though. I have mostly pay per view.

Bragging Rights 2009
    Survivor Series 2002
    Armageddon 2002
    Bad Blood 2003
    Royal Rumble 2009
    Vengeance: Night Of Champions 2007
    Wrestlemanias 1, 2, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 25
    The best pay per view matches of 2009-2010

The ones that are not pay per views
    The best of raw 2009
    Undertaker 15-0
    Hell In A Cell
    Allied Powers: The world's greatest tag teams

I want to get the best pay per view matches of 2011, the DVD about the hart family, and edges new DVD

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
  11. The Linebacker

The Linebacker [Blank Space]

Lack of story aside, as a collection of matches it's real difficult to beat.

AWA Tag Title match
    WM10 Ladder match
    WM12 Iron Man match
    IYH: Good Friends, Better Enemies vs. Diesel
    IYH: Mind Games vs. Mankind
    Hell in a Cell vs. The Undertaker
    Summerslam 2002 vs. Triple H

Still one of my favourites. No crap, just damn good wrestling.

12. Castiel

I remember a friend of mine had the 80's one years ago but I didn't care about it back then, now it sounds really interesting though! Or even more interesting is the 90's one. If I ever found that box set I'd grab it.

I never had From The Vault but I do have Heartbreak & Triumph and it's my favorite wrestling DVD of all time. I absolutely love it! Just watched it the other day actually, now that's a great DVD with an excellent story. HBK's had so many DVD's.... never got his "My Journey" DVD. I did have his first DVD though from back when Jose Lotherio was managing him. Wait, did the HBK DVD come out after Raw's 15th Anniversary DVD? If so then that was the last one I bought actually. :lol:

13. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Disciple Of Uti

I haven't got too many. From The Vault & Rebellion 2002 is all that I have on DVD I think though I have some on VHS. I want to get The Wrestling Road Diaries soon.

14. The Linebacker

The Linebacker [Blank Space]

*Deep breath*

Every Wrestlemania from 18 to 27
    Every Big Four PPV from 2007 onwards

Eddie Guerrero Cheating Death Stealing Life
    Viva La Raza: The Legacy of Eddie Guerrero
    Hard Knocks: The Chris Benoit Story (bought a week before he killed himself....)
    Edge: Decade of Decadence
    The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment
    The History of the WWE Championship
    The Ladder Match
    Best PPV matches of 2009-10
    Raw 15th Anniversary Set
    Smackdown 10th Anniversary Set
    Raw 10th Anniversary Show
    The Monday Night War
    The Rise and Fall of ECW
    From The Vault: Shawn Michaels

WWE Survivor Series 2002
    WWE Armageddon 2006
    WWE No Way Out 2008

TNA Ultimate Matches
    TNA Bound for Glory 2009

ROH Good Times, Great Memories
    ROH Take No Prisoners 2008
    ROH Supercard of Honor 3
    ROH Glory by Honor 2010
    ROH Final Battle 2011
    ROH Bryan Danielson: Rise to Glory

CHIKARA King of Trios 2011 Nights 1, 2 & 3
    CHIKARA Hiding In Plain Sight
    CHIKARA Three Fisted Tales
    CHIKARA Best of 2009
    CHIKARA Best of 2010

PWG Sells Out! Vol. 1

Dragon Gate WrestleJam Vol. 1
    The Best of Dragon Gate Vol. 1

The Best of CM Punk (from Vivid, all FIP matches and highlights of his IWA days)

15. Sabretooth

Sabretooth Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I also have Greatest Hell In A Cell matches of all time. It really is a great DVD set. They think that just because they leave out one HIAC match (undertaker vs big bossman WM 15) that they can call it the greatest HIAC matches of all time. :lol: but it's an awesome DVD. Most of the matches were when wwe was TV-14 so they all featured blood