The Official ROH on Sinclair Broadcasting Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Qwake

Looks like a pretty good show. That's the sort of stuff they should be doing, two good quick matches putting over the guys they want and then two entertaining matches with good amount of time. I'll be downloading Black/Danielson, if SP thinks its good it must be good. :y:

kraynor3

Reaction score
Not really seeing a lot out of Brodie Lee.

I've seen him in other Indys and I always wondered why they brought him in.

He's a much less charismatic Necro Butcher, with a little more wrestling skill.

PeepShow

Just got finished watching this week's show and it was great. I really enjoyed the opener. More than most it seems. Main event was solid as hell. One thing I really don't like is how Hodgewood seems to overreact to his calls. Like when he should just go "Oh man, that was rather uncalled for", or something to that effect, he has to yell it and it sounds to cheesy. I didn't mind him on the first episode, but he has seemed to get worse as the show has continued. Anyways, here's my ratings.

Hero/Omega ~ **1/2
Butcher/Lee ~ *3/4
Stevens vs. IDFK ~ DUD
Roderick/Aries ~ ***3/4

Soulpower

Jay Briscoe vs Roderick Strong has been announced for the next set of tapings.

depomaniac

Reaction score
Hi there, i want to ask something. In in germany the ability to watch HDNET???? I watch tv over Astra Sattelite, or must i chang on Hotbird?? Is there anyone that have some infos for me. Thanks a lot...

Soulpower

^^^I don't believe that Germany gets HDNet. However, you can watch the show on Youtube. The episodes are posted there every Wednesday.

Some quick thoughts on last night's episode.

Claudio Castagnoli vs Brent Albright (**1/2)

Good match, though not as good as the one they had a couple of weeks back. Claudio gets the win after interference from Ernie Osiris and Prince Nana, so it looks like Claudio is now a part of The Embassy. Post-Match, CC tries to pillmanize Brent, until Colt Cabana makes the save.

Grizzly Redwood and Alex Payne vs The Dark City Fight Club (*)

Another squash by the DCFC. I like these squashes, but I think its time to give the Dark City some real opponents.

Ric Flair comes out to address the title-shot situation, and announces a 4-way match for the title in three weeks. It will be Jerry Lynn defending the belt against Tyler Black, Austin Aries and Bryan Danielson.

Jay Briscoe vs Sami Calahan (*)

Another squash match. Jay wins with the J-Driller, and cuts a promo after the match.

Kevin Steen & El Generico vs Rhett Titus & Kenny King (***)

Very good match with made both teams look formidable. King continues to impress, while Titus has quietly been improving in the ring. Steenerico get the win after hitting The Assembly Line on Kenny King. Post-Match, The American Wolves come out and attack both Steen and Generico, and hit a Top Rope Doomsday Cutter (Through a table) on Generico.

All in all, a decent show. It was a bit light on the wrestling side, but they announced the first ever title match on HDNet, and they hyped up the Steenerico/Wolves feud.

dark patriot

Reaction score
ive been to the second night of both tapings but i havent watched too much of the shows i didnt attend.i have enjoyed those shows for the most part. the Lynn title defense 4 way will be a treat for the fans.

Soulpower

The American Wolves vs Steenerico match tonight was simply awesome!

I'd rate it ****, easily!

kraynor3

Reaction score
Sounds like a good taping.

Hopefully someone else will pick them up, they deserve a weekly spot somewhere.

Reaction score
Ring of Honor proved on Saturday that Ring of Honor Wrestling is... THE BEST WRESTLING SHOW ON TELEVISION!!!! and every week they improve, hopefully they survive long enough to become what would TNA should have become when they got 2 hours!

Qwake

ROH on HDNet results for 6/6/09

Colt Cabana & Brent Albright defeat Claudio Castagnoli & Ernie Osiris (with Prince Nana
Cabana got the win after applying an inverted Boston Crab on Osiris to get the win.

Bobby Dempsey defeated Sal Rinauro
Dempsey wins after a Death Valley Driver. (SQUASH!)

Jerry Lynn defeated Bryan Danielson, Austin Aries and Tyler Black to retain the ROH World title.
Lynn pins Danielson after hitting him with the Cradle Piledriver.

There was also a Ric Flair interview sometime throughout the show.

Thoughts: Looks as though it was a pretty good show, the opening match didn't get to much time I think I read but it looks as though it could have been an enjoyable match and their was a prematch promo with Nana and the others as well as Cabana/Albright having their own. The crowd were really into Bobby Dempsey which is good for him. Flair had an interview where he again really tried to put ROH over, he talked about how he wouldn't have his name attached to it if it wasn't going to be successful. The Main Event sounds like a really good match as it should be with four great in-ring competitors, Lynn got alot of heat and as the show came to a close the fans were still booing Lynn but were high on Black.

I haven't yet seen the show but the Main Event sounds as though it was definitely worth watching and the Flair promo may also be worth it, the two opening matches don't look like competitive matches but they should still bring something entertaining, seeing what Dempsey can do and well, Colt Cabana is a must watch :D

MaZZacare

Reaction score
I just got done watching the 06/06/09 ep of ROH on HDnet. first chunk of the show nothing to right home to the MAIN EVENT. OMG that was a freaking awesome match .
the crowd though was just mean though like one of the things i love about ROH is the crowd and there vocalness and hilarious chants at times (i.e. "you got cock blocked) but man they where just MEAN to Lynn .
Great match though this and Smackdown are the best wrestling on tv

SoupNazi

Reaction score
there shows are pretty good. they showcase a lot for just 1 hour and i a 2 hour time slot would make them that much better. my favs so far are: the american wolves, tyler black, jay briscoe, & the dark city fight club.

Ballin

Reaction score
So, I finally started watching the shows on Youtube a few days ago (took me long enough, huh?) and I was kinda expecting more from ROH. I think the crowd is lame (from the matches I've seen with the exception of Dragon/Aries, Necro/Hero) and the matches are alright. What I think they need to do is start doing a couple match tapings at shows to add to the show. Or do a whole show taping in Hammerstein. Thata way you'll have the crowd going nuts throughout the whole show. Also add a relaxed rules match every once in a while.

*Please note, I have not seen every HDNet show*