• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Official 2024 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
My thoughts and prayers goes to Demar Hamlin, his friends and his family. :(

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Love SVP, he's doing the best job he can in an incredibly difficult situation here.

Sent from my 5062Z using Tapatalk

#Waddles

- Retired Vet -
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
In 1990, Loyola Marymount star Hank Gathers died during a conference tournament game. Game and tournament were cancelled. Some things are more important than a game.

Reactions: BSE

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Love SVP, he's doing the best job he can in an incredibly difficult situation here.

Sent from my 5062Z using Tapatalk
SVP and Ryan Clark were absolutely phenomenal last night. For what it's worth, I felt like Joe, Troy, and Lisa were doing the best they could do during the MNF broadcast, and I don't say that as someone who particuarly cares for Joe and Troy. But SVP's willingness to call the NFL out for trying to give everyone 5 minutes to get "warmed up" and back on the field was great.

Reactions: B01

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
SVP and Ryan Clark were absolutely phenomenal last night. For what it's worth, I felt like Joe, Troy, and Lisa were doing the best they could do during the MNF broadcast, and I don't say that as someone who particuarly cares for Joe and Troy. But SVP's willingness to call the NFL out for trying to give everyone 5 minutes to get "warmed up" and back on the field was great.
I think everyone were trying to do their job, without speculating, because there was obviously no information to report, in an information business. Adam Schefter looked like he went through the ringer, Booger wasn't in great shape. Just hard all around.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I think everyone were trying to do their job, without speculating, because there was obviously no information to report, in an information business. Adam Schefter looked like he went through the ringer, Booger wasn't in great shape. Just hard all around.
It definitely was. I've seen some blowback about how everyone handled it, but I'm not sure what else they could have done on air. None of them had ever been in a position like that, and they had 3-plus hours of live TV to try to fill. Hell, I read one person complaining that Joe Buck threw it to commercial 4 times in a 5 minute span. I legit don't think anyone could have done anything more than what they were doing.

Reactions: BSE and B01

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
I don't know what people were expecting. Asking Schefter and Booger to fill time when they're still pretty new to TV and not trained. I don't think anyone said anything stupid, that came later with Skip's tweet. Empathy is a thing, but not everyone has it or knows what it is.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I feel like I need to preface this so I don't sound like Skip Bayless. Obviously, nothing matters more than Hamlin's health and wellbeing.

Based on that announcement, I think the Bills will be forced to forfeit the game. With "Super Wild Card Weekend" coming up, and no changes to the Week 18 schedule, I'm not sure there's going to be an opportunity to play this game.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I feel like I need to preface this so I don't sound like Skip Bayless. Obviously, nothing matters more than Hamlin's health and wellbeing.

Based on that announcement, I think the Bills will be forced to forfeit the game. With "Super Wild Card Weekend" coming up, and no changes to the Week 18 schedule, I'm not sure there's going to be an opportunity to play this game.
They're hoping they get a scenario where they do not need to play the game. Right now KC is 13-3. Buffalo 12-3, and Cincy is 11-4.

If KC wins and Buffalo loses week 18 KC locks up the 1 seed regardless of the unplayed game. If the Bengals win with that aforementioned result they would probably use tiebreakers to determine the 2/3 seed and never play the game. The problem is if KC loses. A KC loss means the unplayed game would give Buffalo the 1 seed with a win, regardless of Week 18.

I'm willing to bet they will announce what will happen by Friday. I'm thinking they'll announce the game will not be made up and it will be declared a tie.