The Official 2024 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I hate it

• Sad
Reactions: Doom

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Outrageous booking by the Falcons this offseason

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I’ll put my support behind him, since he’s the QB now, but not sure this will help much

Reactions: Swerve

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Sources: New Orleans Saints to re-sign QB Jameis Winston to two-year, $28 million deal​

ESPN

The New Orleans Saints are bringing back quarterback Jameis Winston after missing out on their pursuit of Deshaun Watson.

Winston and the Saints agreed to two-year deal with a base value of $28 million, including $21 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday.

The Saints were one of four teams vying to acquire Watson, who was ultimately traded to the Cleveland Browns.

Winston, 28, went 5-2 in his first year as a starter with the Saints last season, but he tore the ACL in his left knee and suffered MCL damage on Oct. 31.

The former No. 1 overall NFL draft pick and Heisman Trophy winner posted a career-high passer rating of 102.8 with the Saints last season, completing 95 of 161 passes (59%) for 1,170 yards and 14 touchdowns with three interceptions. He also ran for 166 yards and one touchdown and lost one fumble.

Although Winston averaged just 186 passing yards in his six full games, he still flashed his big-play ability with four completions of 49-plus yards. And he proved that he could overcome the turnover issues that plagued him during his first five NFL seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Winston went 28-42 as a starter with the Buccaneers, completing 61.3% of his passes for 19,737 yards and 131 total touchdowns, including 10 rushing. He also had 88 interceptions and 23 lost fumbles.

He displayed some dynamic highs and lows during his tenure with the Bucs -- especially in 2019 when he led the league with 5,109 passing yards while also becoming the first quarterback in NFL history to throw at least 30 touchdown passes and 30 interceptions in the same season (33 TDs and 30 INTs).

When Tampa Bay elected to move on to Tom Brady in 2020, Winston joined the Saints as a backup to try and revive his career under then-coach Sean Payton and starter Drew Brees. Winston signed a one-year deal that was worth just $1.1 million plus incentives because he said he wanted to get a "Harvard education in quarterback school."

Winston signed another one-year deal with the Saints before the 2021 season that included $5.5 million in guarantees and up to $7 million in incentives after Brees retired. He beat out Taysom Hill to win the starting job in the preseason, and he was repeatedly praised by Payton for both his arm strength and his leadership.

ESPN's Mike Triplett contributed to this report.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah Baker is like get me a new home asap. Crazy Offseason for QBs wow.

Pascal to my Eagles solid signing and I trust him way more than Reagor on our Offense.

Reactions: Swerve and Doom

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

:WOW

Context: "Meet at the quarterback" was the motto of the Purple People Eaters of the 60s and 70s.

Reactions: Swerve and Doom

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Mariota wasn't bad at all in the past few games I have seen at him and I mean at the very least you got fuckin speed in Atlanta add him with Patterson & Pitts there's a solid foundation tho no WRs is a bit alarming but there is time to sign some. I'm more shocked bout Matt Ryan to indy though the narrative of Indy trying to rely on a old QB is funny I mean I feel like Matt Ryan has good 2 years left but I mean your really in the same boat as when you had Rivers. I still think indy is a playoff team tho. Winston going back to the saints should be intresting Michael Thomas should be back and with Alvin there next mix. Baker has like 4 destinations now Seattle, panthers, Houston, and dare I say maybe Miami. I still think personally that he fit the giants well too.

Darkavius

Reaction score
I’ll put my support behind him, since he’s the QB now, but not sure this will help much

Even if Ryan was the QB of the Falcons the team still wasn't going to do much. People keep saying they don't like this move but it's a good move. The Falcons needed to rebuild once they got rid of Dan Quinn and you can't truly rebuild with an old QB like Ryan. Plus the Falcons get Ryan out of the NFC and as good as Ryan is the AFC is loaded with good teams next year.

Darkavius

Reaction score
Yeah Baker is like get me a new home asap. Crazy Offseason for QBs wow.

Pascal to my Eagles solid signing and I trust him way more than Reagor on our Offense.
Only big name QB's left on the board are Jimmy G. and Baker. Only teams that need a QB are Carolina and possibly the Giants and the Jets. Carolina should reach out and sign Baker to a 2 year deal. Jimmy G. should go to New York (either team) or roll out to Miami.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Even if Ryan was the QB of the Falcons the team still wasn't going to do much. People keep saying they don't like this move but it's a good move. The Falcons needed to rebuild once they got rid of Dan Quinn and you can't truly rebuild with an old QB like Ryan. Plus the Falcons get Ryan out of the NFC and as good as Ryan is the AFC is loaded with good teams next year.
As I’ve said time and time again, change might have been needed, but it’s not the first change that was needed. There is no protection to the QB because the OL sucks ass. The only people who are worth a fuck for him to throw too is the TE Pitts and the RB Cordarrelle Patterson. Ridley last season before leaving for his mental break wasn’t playing like he had been, and now he’s out for a year because of gambling, so the receiving core is ass. The defense is horrific. Matt Ryan still played pretty decently and did things with the shit he was given. But idiots want to place the blame on him and him alone, while over looking every other fucking problem this team has. As I said yes, change needs to be done. It’s why you get a QB who isn’t exactly ready yet, let him learn from Ryan, then let Ryan retire a Falcon when the time comes. All while actually getting the team the pieces it actually needs to be a great team.

Indy has a much better team for him and I’m sure he’ll light it up over there.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team