The Official 2024 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

:lol

JuJu to the Chiefs via him saying it over Social Media. He thought of myself at Brown's level when they were in Pittsburgh and he did nothing once he left. Time to prove it with the Chiefs you should get plenty of chances with Hill on the Field.

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Imagine paying 230 mill for a guy who hasn't played in 2 years

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Imagine paying 230 mill for a guy who hasn't played in 2 years

Or a habitual skuzzball creep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Reactions: Doom

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I mean the first two Picks are the only two of value to me after that it's a crapshoot to find gems but you can find them. Still won't be on Adams level for sure. I'm looking at that deal and I'm saying to myself hello Howie Rosemen call up the Seahawks tell them we'll give you one of 1st Round Picks, and a 2nd and a 3rd for D.K Metcalf and a Pick. If the plan is to keep Hurts he needs more than DeVonta so he can take his chances of doing something up two or three levels.
Jalen needs to be a better passer Smith should of went off last year

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Jalen needs to be a better passer Smith should of went off last year

I mean he nearly had a 1,000 Yards and a 5 TDs I'm pretty sure the majority of organizations would take and them some for a Rookie WR. Surely we all know he needs to improve and stand in the pocket but how can you stay there for too long when you can't trust anyone to throw to at WR outside of Smith? Get another guy in there and see how he develops which is why I think a veteran is needed.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

John Clayton, longtime NFL reporter and radio host, dies at 67​

ESPN

John Clayton, one of the country's foremost NFL insiders who covered the league to great depths during a 20-plus-year career at ESPN, died Friday after a brief illness, his family said.

He was 67.

"The Seahawks are heartbroken to learn of the passing of John Clayton after a battle with a brief illness at the age of 67," the team said in a statement.

Nicknamed "The Professor," Clayton was known for reporting on the NFL in such a detailed manner that, as ESPN's Chris Mortensen said, "Anyone paying attention walked away a little more educated."

He did that for 50 years, starting in 1972 while covering the Pittsburgh Steelers during the "Immaculate Reception" year up until just weeks ago, when he broke down the Seattle Seahawks' blockbuster trade of Russell Wilson to the Denver Broncos for Seattle Sports 710 AM, where he was a regular contributor.

In 2007, Clayton received what is now known as the Bill Nunn Memorial Award, which the Professional Football Writers of America presents annually for long and distinguished reporting on football. "It's the highest honor any writer covering this sport can receive," he said at the time.

"The PFWA mourns the passing of John Clayton. John was the PFWA's 19th president (1999-2000) and the organization's 2007 Bill Nunn Jr. Award recipient," the organization said in a statement. "'The Professor' was a friend to so many in our business. Our condolences to his wife Pat, family, colleagues and his many friends."

ESPN hired Clayton in 1995 as a jack-of-all-trades for its NFL coverage. SportsCenter producers created a weekly segment called "Four Downs" pitting Clayton against NFL analyst and former quarterback Sean Salisbury. It became must-see TV.

As did his appearances on "This is SportsCenter" commercials for ESPN, which to this day are hailed as among the best -- including a spot where he appeared for a TV hit in a tie, tore it off, let down his long hair and began rocking out in his basement.

Clayton grew up in Braddock, Pennsylvania, covered the Steelers while in high school and then attended Duquesne. He was hired by the Pittsburgh Press during his senior year, then later moved west, covering the Seahawks for the Tacoma News Tribune before being hired by ESPN, where he worked until a few years ago.

Most recently, he was the host of The John Clayton Weekends show on Seattle Sports 710. He also spent five seasons as a sideline reporter for the Seattle Seahawks Radio Network.

His love for football never waned, until this day.

"Until they plant me, I guess," he told the Pittsburgh Post Gazette in 2018, when asked how long he'll keep covering the NFL. "I love this stuff. What I love about it is there's so much more stuff we didn't have access to years ago and now we do -- the salary information, NFL Game Rewind where you can watch coaches tape. There's so much information and analytical stuff, it's phenomenal."

RIP John. Thank you for your huge contribution of sports over the years.

I love this This is Sportscenter clip featuring him in it:

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
One of the most intelligent and nicest guys ESPN had with them over the Years. RIP to him.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

If OBJ doesn't get injured I'm not sure this move happens. This signing hurts my soul but the Rams give him a great chance to win his first Ring so I imagine that end all for his thought process. I don't know why they needed him considering Woods and Van Jefferson is just going to eat into his Catches. He could of went to another Team and been the number 1 but hey the deal is done.

Robinson needed to get the hell out of Chicago. The Rams receiving core's gonna be stacked.

They did worse than do him dirty, what they did to him is the equivalent of openly defecating in his mouth and telling him he has to like it.

Baker Mayfield may not be a top 10-QB but when he was healthy he was a damn good game manager that wouldn't lose you games, he even got the Browns almost to the AFCCG.

He tears his labrum, plays hurt all year for the sake of the team, and this is how they treat him? Fuck the Browns entire front office.
That comes to show how shitty the Browns organization is and still will. How can they get rid of a quarterback that got them back in the playoffs for the first time since 2002, and won their first playoff game since 1994? The Browns used Baker like a condom: Screwing the fans' hopes by bringing in Watson, with all the drama surrounding him and haven't played in more than a year. After the Browns got done with Baker, they threw him in the trash like he's nothing. It's not his fault that Landry and OBJ's gone. They're too fucking lazy to continue to build around him by making stupid decisions. But yeah, fuck the Browns.

For JuJu, I'm happy for him that he's finding new life, joining the Chiefs to add a piece to the receiving core, alongside with Tyreek, Pringle and Robinson.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Source: Cordarrelle Patterson agrees to terms, stays with Atlanta Falcons​

ESPN

After a career year and publicly making his case to return to the Atlanta Falcons, Cordarrelle Patterson is getting his wish. He's staying in Atlanta.

Patterson agreed to terms with the Falcons on Saturday, a source confirmed to ESPN, keeping the multifaceted offensive player with the team that he has had the most offensive success with in his career.

He told ESPN and the "From The Perch" podcast in late February he wanted to return to the Falcons as long as it made sense for him and his family, saying, "Atlanta spoiled me" in 2021 with how he was used. He also made clear he would like to break the NFL's all-time kick return touchdown mark -- he's tied for the all-time lead with eight touchdowns -- in Atlanta with special teams coordinator Marquice Williams.

Patterson set career highs for rushing and receiving with the Atlanta Falcons in 2021, running for 618 yards and six touchdowns on 153 carries, while catching 52 passes for 548 yards and five touchdowns.

Part of what made Patterson's career renaissance intriguing was his switch in positions. Initially drafted as a wide receiver by the Minnesota Vikings in the first round of the 2013 NFL draft, he became a full-time running back -- often split out wide -- under Falcons first-year head coach Arthur Smith.

Patterson, 31, more than doubled his previous season high in carries (64 in 2020) and had his most targets as a receiver since the 2016 season with the Vikings. He often expressed his desire to return to the Falcons toward the end of the season and early in the offseason, using social media -- and his cleats -- to persuade Atlanta to keep him after the best offensive season of his career.

After leaving Minnesota following the 2016 season, Patterson bounced between the Raiders in Oakland, New England Patriots and Chicago Bears before landing in Atlanta. Before the 2021 season, Patterson, a four-time Pro Bowl selection and four-time All-Pro, was best known as one of the top kick returners of all time, with 257 career returns for 7,552 yards and eight touchdowns. His eight kick-return touchdowns are tied for tops in NFL history, and his kick-return average of 29.4 yards is third best in NFL history.

NFL Network was first to report Patterson's agreement with the Falcons.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
DJ Moore's getting a new contract and he deserves it.

Carolina Panthers, DJ Moore agree to new 4-year contract​

ESPN

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Carolina Panthers didn't get the quarterback they wanted, but they tied up their top wide receiver through the 2025 season.

DJ Moore on Friday agreed to a three-year, $61.884 million extension, according to his agent, Drew Rosenhaus. The deal includes $41.61 million guaranteed.

Moore, 24, now is tied to the Panthers for $73 million over four years, an average of $18.25 million a year that ranks eighth in the NFL at his position.

He led the team with a career-high 93 receptions last season for 1,157 yards and four touchdowns.

A league source said Moore's extension was not tied to the Panthers missing out on a trade for Houston's Deshaun Watson, who would have carried a $35 million cap hit. Watson's representatives informed Carolina on Thursday night that the Panthers were no longer in the picture, sources told ESPN.

Moore, the 24th pick of the 2018 draft, out of Maryland, was playing on his fifth-year option of his rookie deal. The extension was one of general manager Scott Fitterer's priorities for the offseason.

Moore and Buffalo's Stefon Diggs are the only NFL players with more than 1,100 receiving yards in each of the past three seasons.

Moore has 301 career catches for 4,313 yards and 14 touchdowns. He ranks fourth on the team in career receiving yards behind Steve Smith, Muhsin Muhammad and tight end Greg Olsen.

The Panthers also solidified the special teams Friday, signing former Los Angeles Rams punter Johnny Hekker to a three-year deal, the team announced. He was a member of the NFL's All-Decade team for the 2010s and has a career gross average of 46.7 yards. He also has the longest punt in Super Bowl history at 65 yards.

The Titans are bringing in tight end Austin Hooper.

Tennessee Titans, Austin Hooper agree to 1-year, $6M deal, source says​

ESPN

The Tennessee Titans have agreed to a one-year, $6 million deal with tight end Austin Hooper, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler on Friday.

The Cleveland Browns released Hooper, 27, on Wednesday with a post-June 1 designation to save $9.5 million against the salary cap.

The Browns signed Hooper in 2020, coming off his best season with the Atlanta Falcons, when he caught 75 receptions for 787 yards and six touchdowns.

Hooper's production, however, waned in Cleveland, as he finished with only 38 receptions for 345 yards and three touchdowns last season, while starting alongside tight end David Njoku in Cleveland's two tight end base offense. In two seasons with the Browns, he had 84 receptions for 780 yards and seven touchdowns.

The Falcons selected Hooper in the third round of the 2016 draft and he was a two-time Pro Bowl selection while with the franchise. He has 298 receptions for 3,024 yards and 23 touchdowns in his career.

The Titans on Friday also announced new contracts with veteran cornerback Buster Skrine and running back Jordan Wilkins.

Skrine, an 11-year veteran, played in six games for the Titans last season with one interception and 17 tackles. He has 10 career interceptions.

Wilkins joined the Titans' practice squad in December and played in the regular season finale at Houston.

The Eagles brought back Fletcher Cox on a 1-year deal:

Philadelphia Eagles bring back Pro Bowl DT Fletcher Cox on 1-year deal​

ESPN

The Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to a one-year deal with Fletcher Cox, two days after releasing the Pro Bowl defensive tackle in a cost-cutting move.

The new deal is worth $14 million, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Saturday.

At 4 p.m. ET Thursday, $18 million of Cox's previous contract would have become guaranteed.

Cox, 31, has made six Pro Bowls and has been named to four All-Pro teams since being selected 12th overall in the 2012 NFL draft. He was a key part of Philadelphia's championship team and posted a career-high 10.5 sacks the next season.

His play had fallen off of late, however. He finished with 3.5 sacks in 16 games last season. He was also publicly critical of how he was being deployed by defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon. Cox was the subject of trade talks before November's trade deadline.

Cox has 58 career sacks and 142 quarterback hits over 10 seasons.

The Eagles also agreed to a one-year deal with running back Boston Scott.

Information from ESPN's Tim McManus was used in this report.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So happy Cox is coming back. I was a little worried that when he was released he would get plenty of offers from other Teams and he might of but thought I want to stay with the Team who drafted me. I think he is the lone Eagles player from the Andy Reid regime and one of the last from that SB Team alone with guys like Kelce and Graham. I still think our Defensive Line needs youth and if you have a guy like Jordan Davis there you gotta take him and use him inside with Cox and Company.

Reactions: Doom

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Danielle Hunter is staying with Minnesota with no change to his contract.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
The Rams giving Stafford a contract extension:

Sources: Los Angeles Rams lock up QB Matthew Stafford with $160M extension​

ESPN

The Rams and Matthew Stafford have finalized a four-year, $160 million extension that includes $135 million guaranteed that should allow the veteran quarterback to finish his career in Los Angeles, sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The deal comes a little over a month since Stafford lead the Rams to a 23-20 Super Bowl LVI win over the Cincinnati Bengals at SoFi Stadium to complete one of the most impressive first-year runs by a quarterback in recent NFL history. After a dozen years in Detroit, Stafford proved to be the solution to most of the Rams' offensive problems after he landed last spring with Sean McVay, Cooper Kupp and the teammates who have ridden his steady, effective play to their second Super Bowl appearance in four seasons.

In maintaining a steady focus and sturdy leadership throughout the Rams' season, the 33-year-old quarterback guided the Rams to their first championship since Kurt Warner did so in 1999 while the team was based in St. Louis.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

• Wow
Reactions: Apoho Creed