• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Marvels (2023)

Sabretooth

This was before Endgame, that dreadful Phase 4 with all the bad D+ shows, and super-hero fatigue.
Yeah with the 1.9 billion dollar Spider Man No Way Home. The 955 million dollar Doctor Strange 2. 850 million Black Panther 2 and Guardains 3

Superhero fatigue. Blah blah blah

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Yeah with the 1.9 billion dollar Spider Man No Way Home. The 955 million dollar Doctor Strange 2. 850 million Black Panther 2 and Guardains 3

Superhero fatigue. Blah blah blah
Quantumania? The Flash? Black Adam? Guardians 3 did worse than Guardians 2 (and I liked GotG3 way more). Thor 4 did worse than Thor 3 on a bigger budget.

Spider-Man did well because of Tobey and Andrew. Wokanda Foreva did well because Boseman died just like FF7 with Paul Walker.

Dr Strange MOM is the exception but it had the NWH Multiverse frenzy still going. You can only fool people for so long before they get bored.

Also D+ shows have been getting murdered by reviews since FatWS to a point where Feige said they'fre slowing down on the release schedule because people are getting bored with them.

I'm not wishing this movie to fail because I liked the first one but I just don't see it performing as well as MCU movies did in the first three phases.

Sabretooth

Quantumania? The Flash? Black Adam? Guardians 3 did worse than Guardians 2 (and I liked GotG3 way more). Thor 4 did worse than Thor 3 on a bigger budget.

Spider-Man did well because of Tobey and Andrew. Wokanda Foreva did well because Boseman died just like FF7 with Paul Walker.

Dr Strange MOM is the exception but it had the NWH Multiverse frenzy still going. You can only fool people for so long before they get bored.

Also D+ shows have been getting murdered by reviews since FatWS to a point where Feige said they'fre slowing down on the release schedule because people are getting bored with them.

I'm not wishing this movie to fail because I liked the first one but I just don't see it performing as well as MCU movies did in the first three phases.
I’m not talking about DC, I’m talking about Marvel. The DC brand has been damaged for years.

As for Marvel movies, they still turned a profit.
Not doing better than a prior movie doesn’t mean it’s a failure. Quantummania I’ll give you… that movie was a failure. But hey, we cant win ‘em all can we? And the D+ shows have not been getting bad reviews lmao. What are you looking at? People like to pretend that Phase 4 was a step down from the other phases but they had the same strengths and issues as other phases more or less.

Y2Jayne

Phase 4 was a step down from the other phases but they had the same strengths and issues as other phases more or less.
Nah you're just being delusional right here, Phase 4 didn't live up to the standards of its predecessors when it comes to scripts, CGI or overall enjoyment according to the vast majority.
I’m not talking about DC, I’m talking about Marvel.
SUPER-HERO fatigue. DC makes super-hero movies. Period. I didn't even mention Morbius that was release twice and still underperformed.

Sabretooth

Nah you're just being delusional right here, Phase 4 didn't live up to the standards of its predecessors when it comes to scripts, CGI or overall enjoyment according to the vast majority.

SUPER-HERO fatigue. DC makes super-hero movies. Period. I didn't even mention Morbius that was release twice and still underperformed.
Nah you’re wrong. :toomanykobes

Y2Jayne

IMG_8030.jpeg

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Yeah I second that theirs no momentum at all going into this Film. I thought Captain Marvel was okay for a Film and even though Ms.Marvel had it's moments as a TV Show I thought the Show was all over the place and had a terrible Season Finale in my opinion. Monica was great in Wandavision I thought when they had her appear I hope she is the stand out Star in this one.

Sabretooth

I didn’t like the first Captain Marvel but I loved Ms Marvel: thought it was excellent. This movie has no momentum but I’m personally looking forward to it. It seems like a fun buddy comedy between the three Marvels and that’s all I need.