The Intercontinental Championship

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
It's gotten to the point where Cody is getting over without the title and that's why he doesn't defend it. Wouldn't mind someone else getting a reign.

Reaction score
I would like to see a Dibiase/Rhodes feud here. Dibiase needs the title more than Rhodes, and once Sheamus beats Bryan at WM, lets Cody feud with Sheamus.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
I'd say give Santino a run with it. The guy proved at the Chamber he can wrestle and he is super over, Then Cody can advance to a feud with Show

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I say let Cody lose it to Ezekiel because it'd make sense as Cody won it off him then push Cody into the WHC picture sometime this year considering Barrett is injured now and I believe he would of been there before Cody. Then let Ezekiel feud with Otunga over the IC Title.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Sure the matches would be shitty, but they could do a lot than worse than have Big Show capture it at Mania and hold on to it for a few months. The guy would instantly bring credibility to the belt on his size alone, not to mention the guy who then beats him for it would look pretty darn good too.

If all else fails, stick it on Santino.

Quad

Reaction score
I don't understand what the negativity is surrounding this? Having your IC champion feud with top tier guys does wonders for the belt, and the next guy to win it off Cody will get a huge rub.

Sure, he hasn't defended it for a while, but in my opinion he will probably drop it to Gabriel or something, with Big Shpw costing him the match. Think about all the other times the IC champ was contending at main event level. Jeff hardy was the last and he arguably made that belt a lot more interesting again.

In retrospect though, would you prefer seeing Cody in a feud with any other midcarders (who don't at all look strong enough to beat Cody, gold on the line) or him with the main event guys? Despite what you think, I feel the WWE has handled Cody very well.

SAL

Reaction score
I've argued for Ezekiel Jackson before. I thought his character had potential and he deserved a chance to get over in the ring. But he's just terrible. It would be outrageous to waste Cody dropping the title on him. Almost anyone else on Smackdown would do better with it.

ATKOOL

Reaction score
I've argued for Ezekiel Jackson before. I thought his character had potential and he deserved a chance to get over in the ring. But he's just terrible. It would be outrageous to waste Cody dropping the title on him. Almost anyone else on Smackdown would do better with it.
Why not drop it to Dibiase? I don't believe he has won the belt before.

SAL

Reaction score
I don't know about Dibiase. He's gotten a face run and he's gotten a bunch of wins, but he barely gets a reaction. If he wins the belt anytime soon, the fan reaction will be "really?" more than "awesome!"

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Cody Rhodes has defended it on house shows therefore the thirty day clause doesn't come into effect.

I think that it is great that he has been involved in the Smackdown mainevent scene whilst being Intercontinental champion. It makes the title look more important because the champion is good enough to hang with the World heavyweight champion as well. I wouldn't have him drop it yet, have him defend it at WM28 and then after that WWE can look at a new champion but only if they are moving Cody into the World title scene.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
They honestly have to do something cause right now the IC title has, and continues to be a joke belt. It's not like a few years back when the IC title actually meant something and held some kind of value for a superstar to hold. They need to bring it back where both the IC and US title are a great secondary belt to push superstars.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Question;

Who do you want Rhodes to drop the belt to and why?

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Question;

Who do you want Rhodes to drop the belt to and why?

Right now? No one to be honest. I just think they need to give that belt more TV time like it use to be. I like Cody Rhodes as the champion. He's just not getting the face time that a current champion of your company should get. It's obvious you put the title on him for a reason, now get him out there. Give him a solid feud.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I actually think that he is getting plenty of air time, much more than recent IC champions. He is giving the belt more exposure by being included in the World title match at Elimination Chamber. He has been used frequently on RAW as well and every time he appears he is wearing that belt to the ring. They have been setting up a Big Show feud for him in recent weeks so that will again give him and the title more exposure.

Cody Rhodes just passed the 200 day mark for this title reign and it is the longest since Shelton Benjamin had his first IC title reign back in 2004.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Regardless of who he loses it to, it needs to be someone who can actually benefit from it. From the looks of it, we might get a "David v. Goliath" match out of Cody and Show at Mania, and if that's the case I hope Cody wins.

It doesn't even have to be a wrestler with less experience than Cody, just someone who has never won a world championship and could use the rub, even if it's not intended to propel that person very far. It never hurts to have more relevant mid carders because they make for good challengers to the world title eventually and can put other stars over with losses.