The Intercontinental Championship

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
The last time Cody Rhodes defended it was January 6th, 2012. Shouldn't the belt be defended every thirty day? The last time he did anything with the belt was when he faced Booker T. I understand they're giving him a long reign but wouldn't it be better if he actually defended it?

With this question being asked, should he drop it? If so, who to?

I believe Cody needs to face someone and drop it if he's going to be pushed up the card, however I'd much prefer him defending it against someone.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Both the U.S title and I.C title are just now back to being props on some midcard guys after actually making both divisions interesting for a time period there. But with it being the road to mania it kind of doesn't surprise me. Would like for him to defend it and if last night was any indication then he will at mania against Show.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This is why title reigns should be defined by defenses rather than days. It makes it feel much more important too bad WWE doesn't go out of their way to explain these type of things like Puro does. Hell, I don't think I've ever seen any US promotion do this. The 30 day rule itself is a joke and just a storyline plot point if WWE feels like using it which they don't these days.

So yeah Cody's reign is pretty much just a guy holding on to a piece of gold that doesn't have any meaning right now. I'd say drop it but it wouldn't matter unless the next guy actually goes out of his way to defend it.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i say just let him drop it to santino, cause WWE clearly have no idea what to with Cody.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
It just saddens me though, Swagger had to defend the belt at the PPV but it was a filler match. Would have made sense if it was DiBiase v. Rhodes on the PPV or something, there are a bunch of mid-card guys who could contend for the IC. Same could be said about the mid-carders on RAW.

A few years ago we'd have 4-6 guys trying to go for the very belt, it needs to be interesting again. If they can put spotlight on Eve and have everyone talking about her heel turn, they can do the same for the mid-carders and Rhodes.

Deuce

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind someone like Ezekiel Jackson becoming the Intercontinential champion and getting the push he deserves, the guy looks dominant in almost every match he's in so he deserves at least a shot at Rhodes' belt.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Zeke was the person Rhodes won it off in the first place, it'd make a lot of sense. Zeke could then feud with Mahal, Hunico & DiBiase and literally revolve all four guys around the belt. That'd make a lot of sense and you could push Rhodes to feud with Big Show (Upper Mid-Card feud).

Either way works but I somehow see Rhodes dropping it after Mania, whatever happened to Goldust?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Zeke just jobbed to otunamania so trust me zeke will be nowhere near the title for at least 8 months.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'd much rather have DiBiase take the belt and feud with Mahal & Hunico over it. Zeke can be there as a filler I guess... I wouldn't mind if Tyson Kidd had a mid-card belt, he might not be that good on the mic but damn he has some great wrestling abilities.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The fact that WWE gave up on the Goldust feud after one promo should say enough.

Santino after his Chamber performance deserves a shot more than everyone else if fighting for a title that is never defended is really an honor.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Give Otungamania the IC Championship or US Championship. 8D

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Rhodes is a heel, so is Otunga.

Swagger's US Champion - also heel.

If it was a face wrestler then it could work a storyline with Johnny Ace using Otunga and doing dirty work for him to be a Champion. That's another I wouldn't mind seeing but either Swagger or Rhodes would have to drop the belt first.

I do want to see feuds happening for the IC desperately hopefully tonight...

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Cody is fantastic idc what anyone says. He would be an awesome Champion if WWE actually booked him correctly and tbh it's not that hard.

SAL

Reaction score
Cody hasn't defended the title, sure, but it's not like he's looked bad. He's getting a strong push and he's one of the best and most prominent guys on Smackdown. Even with the lack of defenses, it will be a big deal when someone beats him for it.

ATKOOL

Reaction score
I was wondering why he didn't defend it at the ppv and put Christian in his place.