The GFX OLYMPICS.. Rules, and first Task!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnackZ

Reaction score
Go to google or yahoo and search abstract photos and you'll get a bunch of photos. Am I supposed to check if each one is made with C4D? I read tutorials on how to make abstaract backgrounds and this is exactly what it says to do. If I take 7 DIFFERENT photos and blend them together whether it be overlay/soft light/hard light, or whatever I don't see anything wrong with it. I didn't take ONE PIC and then blatantly use it and add PSD's and call it my own. I created a BG by using SEVERAL other pics. Just like making 10 layers and rendering them and brush erasing them and darkening them to make a grunge looking BG.

I didn't say I steal anything. I've never STOLEN anything. I'm not a thief.

Gin

Reaction score
Ok I think every designer knows using other peoples work is consider stealing. Plagiarisms.

Unless they made it intended for other people to use. LIKE PRE-MADE BACKGROUNDS.

Something like this is not PRE-MAID.
abstract_5.jpg

Using 7 different wallpapers and blending them to create your own IS STEALING.

SnackZ

Reaction score
Okay sir. You are right. So I guess that when everyone gets their brushes from deviantart and the poster says to thank them and show them the work you've done with the brushes THEY created that every single one of us GFX'ers does that. It's a load of crap. I didn't steal anything. Move on with your life. If I were to take a photo and do nothing to alter it or if I didn't take a combination of photos and combine them then that would be stealing. We get PSD's and don't credit where we got them. Does that make us thieves?

Gin

Reaction score
WTF lmfao. Using someone else's work is stealing. Altering it make it just as worse as using original. PSD's were meant for other people to use...

You my friend are not a designer. You are a blending thief. Thanks.

SnackZ

Reaction score
Do you smoke crack? You must. PSD's are not meant for others to use? Thats why we DON'T have a site called PSD protocol. I see now. We are supposed to look at them but not use them. Right.

Even so what you're basically saying is that when we go to WWE.com and get a pic and cut it and use what we need to incorporate it into our graphic that we're stealing? Fuck off!

SO I am only left to assume that you hand draw or self create everything you've ever used in all of your work. Cut the bullshit man. Did you make your current sig? I think you drew that right? You created that character out of the blue, huh?

HITSUGAYA TOUSHIROU - google it and I DOUBT very seriously that you've drawn all of those pics.

Gin

Reaction score
I meant to say "were" meant. It was a typo. Graphics made by others were not meant for people to steal and use on their graphics. Unless they are brushes.

Wrestling Station

Ok, let me end it here, SNACKZ didnt steal someone else work, i noticed his blending for the background, thus the material used was for the animated battle, which was supposed to be making an idea (whether the bkg a premade or not) for that banner it was just the idea of it, not the actual work. But for benoit banner, that was for pure graphics.
And to what SNACKZ delivered, i dont see it as "stealing" he used some images and fused them with blending, which is ok for that specific task as i mentioned earlier.

GIN, i see your point, but just dont get into fights about it, the competition is for fun, not for to get into fights with other gfxers. Next time if you have any query, PM me instead of all of this.

Thanks everyone for participating in the First Ever Olympics..

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.