The Evolution of Santino Marella... Time for a push?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

In my opinion, this guy is an AWESOME heel... When I watch raw (which I watch like a movie, and get into it) they guy actually pisses me off. Hes very good at getting reactions, and he pulls off his gimmick very well...

When he first came, he was a face. But that was kind of weird, because the thing with him being a fan was weird, and he was able to talk on occasion, but it didnt mean anything, because he was just an italian with a funyn accent, but the accent, and his screw up of our language served no purpose.
Anyways, he didnt really go far, and it was clear he wouldnt go far at all with being a face and all...

So then, we see him turn heel. Im not sure exactly when it happened, but I know dating Maria had a large part in it. And when he was stopping Faroouq... I mean Simmons, from dating Maria, that really pushed him as a heel. Fromt then on, the past 7 or 8 months, his mic skills and accent have meant something. It allows him to be funnier, piss more people off, and just be a stuck up prick:)

So, it seems he has all the makings of a very good upper midcarder. Mic skills are definate yes, and if he can show off the in ring skills that he has (but wwe doesnt let him show us) I think he could be a good addition to the upper mid card.

Right now hes one of the most hated in WWE, and great at getting a reaction, but wwe has him jobbing... Right now, WWE doesnt need a prick jobber, they need a prick mid carder, so I dont know why they arent pushing him.

-What are your thoughts on Santino, do you think hes playing his character well?
-Do you agree he should be pushed?
-Heel or face?

Answer the questions:)

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
I am part Italian myself, and totally behind this guy. But i think he should drop some of his gimmick and try to take a more serious role in wrestling, rather than just entertainment.

F.Y.I (Italy to win Euro 2008)LOL

Reaction score
- Santino's character is a joke but hes playing it well.

- He shouldnt be pushed because he has a joke gimmick if they change it then he should be pushed

- Hes more entertaining with heel. He was just a boring jobber when he was a face. So he should be heel.

Edit: There MikeRaw its changed.

exC.On

Reaction score
-What are your thoughts on Santino, do you think hes playing his character well?
Yeah i think hes playing his character very well, hes actually funny and thats hard to find on raw for the most part

well he loves the business and traveling, he is great on segments and such the only thing lacking is the fact that people aren't going to take him seriously and of course his size. But i'd like if he does get pushed.

-Heel or face?
no question, Heel

C4

Portraying his heel Italian character gimmick to perfection in my opinion. Santino is a really talented person who can portray his character to another level, his skills are as always fantastic.

Of course, he has good talent inside the ring and some good skills with the microphone as well and best of all, he isn't using steroids. After the whole Rowdy Piper/ Family and Santino/ Cake bashing thing is over with, I think that they're going to push him to the maximum on RAW. That's exactly what I want to see.

-Heel or face?

Never really seen him as a face so can't comment on Santino having a face character but his heel character is perfect and it doesn't need to change until it gets boring and stale, it's fantastic at the moment and he needs to continue being the Italian dork that he is today.

If you see Santino Marella and his short career closely, he is full of enormous amounts of talent and he just needs that hard machinery to push him to Main Event Status and expose his talent, he is the future superstar of WWE :y:

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I am part Italian myself, and totally behind this guy. But i think he should drop some of his gimmick and try to take a more serious role in wrestling, rather than just entertainment.

F.Y.I (Italy to win Euro 2008)LOL

Hes actually not even Italian thats just his gimmick lol. I also thought he was italian until i looked at an article with all the superstars real hometowns.

As for santino getting a push i think he should have won the tag titles with carlito. I dont see him as a credible singles competitor yet.

eggthief

Reaction score
He is Russian right?

yeah he does, the "we are wieners" is just great and all his other miscommunications.

no he does just fine getting low cards and mid cards over.

-Heel or face?
drunk to much to give a full opinion so ill just say heel.

MikeRaw

He is Russian right?

yeah he does, the "we are wieners" is just great and all his other miscommunications.

no he does just fine getting low cards and mid cards over.

-Heel or face?
drunk to much to give a full opinion so ill just say heel.

Actually hes of italian decent. Like, his parents are italian, but he was born in Toronto, Canada (my hometown:))

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
Santino makes me laugh my ass off because of the things that he does weekly by thinking hes a good wrestler (which is a lie) and yes he plays his character well.

He shouldn't be pushed because hes great at what he does now which is comedy and trying to piss the fans off.

I like him better as a heel because if he was a face, that would really change the way he acts...

MikeRaw

Santino makes me laugh my ass off because of the things that he does weekly by thinking hes a good wrestler (which is a lie) and yes he plays his character well.

He shouldn't be pushed because hes great at what he does now which is comedy and trying to piss the fans off.

I like him better as a heel because if he was a face, that would really change the way he acts...

Thats what Im talking about though. hes great at being a heel, and in actuality, hes a good wrestler, so wwe should push him to the IC title picture, and allow him to keep doing what hes doing with the mic, and hed be a total package.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Actually hes of italian decent. Like, his parents are italian, but he was born in Toronto, Canada (my hometown:))

Oh thats what got me cause the article i saw said he was born in canada so i assumed his parents were canadian.

J

I think Santino would have a better spot in the WWE now had it now been for the DUI he just recieved...I think that's why he's stuck in this joke fued right now...Somewhat of a punishment...and if jobbing out to cousin sal isn't punishment...I don't know what is...

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Thats what Im talking about though. hes great at being a heel, and in actuality, hes a good wrestler, so wwe should push him to the IC title picture, and allow him to keep doing what hes doing with the mic, and hed be a total package.

I dont see him winning the IC title anytime soon over guys like hardy kennedy jericho in the division. the best he could do right now is tag team champion.