The Evolution of Santino Marella... Time for a push?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

I dont see him winning the IC title anytime soon over guys like hardy kennedy jericho in the division. the best he could do right now is tag team champion.

I see himw inning it. Theres no reason he cant. All thsoe guys you mentioned are faces, there needs to be a bad guy in there. And theres no reason he cant win it and feud with one of those guys (although Kennedy is going to the Main event soon)

but ya, he has all the tools, as in mic skills, and in the ring, and above all that, hes hated by fans (which is a good thing), so nothing is holding him back...

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I see himw inning it. Theres no reason he cant. All thsoe guys you mentioned are faces, there needs to be a bad guy in there. And theres no reason he cant win it and feud with one of those guys (although Kennedy is going to the Main event soon)

but ya, he has all the tools, as in mic skills, and in the ring, and above all that, hes hated by fans (which is a good thing), so nothing is holding him back...

Maybe i just dont see it anytime soon. His first as a face was horrible but as a heel it could be better but right now i would be very surprised if they put the belt on santino.

Airfixx

No reason why Santino can't have a succesful run with a singles title... Can you imagine if he beat Jericho or Jeff for the IC belt by a rope-assisted pin or brass knucks...

The crowd would be after his blood!

Imagine a heel Flair... Make him extremely hard to beat... When he finally drops the title, whoever beats him would be over like hell!

I think it's a real shame they didn't let him & Carlito win the tag belts... They'd have been awesome, but I see why know as it would appear DiBiase Jnr is penciled in for the next reign.

MC Rae

Reaction score
-What are your thoughts on Santino, do you think hes playing his character well?
I really enjoy Santino Marella and I think he plays his part perfectly. He is seriously one of RAW's highlights in my opinion. His character is actually hilarious, it's everything, the accent, the mis-pronounciations and Santino's comic timing is fantastic.

-Do you agree he should be pushed?
I think we are nearly at that point where he needs to be. Santino has very Rock-like potential I always think, if WWE can let him do his thing in the ring he can keep his comedy-edge yet it can all be backed-up with a serious attitude towards matches and 'climbing the ranks'. I think fans will respond to him even more if he can be taken seriously as an in-ring competitor.

-Heel or face?
DEFINATELY heel because his heel run is still very much entertaining. A face run in the future maybe but he's playing his part as a heel too well to change. Plus I believe he has a lot of scope to evolve as a heel.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I think he needs some more wins before he gets a title run. When is the last time he won a match by himself?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

-What are your thoughts on Santino, do you think hes playing his character well?
-Do you agree he should be pushed?
-Heel or face?

1. He plays his character better than anyone else could in the WWE. He is freaking hilarious.

2. Yes. He reminds me of Chris Jericho as an annoying chicken shit heel back in WCW. Gove him a little push.

3. Heel ftw