The "deep web" or "dark net"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Lulzsec teamed with Anonymous almost straight away. Anonymousabu was the founder of Lulzsec.

Get on my level Jonathan. :pity:

Man you is on level 9001.
DWNzk.png

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Babbies first time on 4chan, D'sZ? They've got you too shaken up.

You do know that tor and onion domains aren't just used for illegal activities, right? Governments and other sorts of huge organizations use similar types (if not the same methods) to make their information confidential. Anyone can use these methods to keep information very secretive, I'm fairly sure most organizations in the world probably use it in one way or another.

All an onion domain is is a domain that isn't on top level DNS (Domain Name Service) Servers. These servers are what you contact when you type in www.wweforums.net into your web browser, your web browser contacts your ISP's DNS Server and translates that address into its IP address, which is what you're really connecting to.

The onion domain scheme isn't on top level domain servers, which is why you can't connect to it usually without tor. They are however on the tor servers. When you use tor it gives you a proxy that does have the .onion domain on their DNS server, so you can connect to them.

You might think this is super confidential and all, but it really isn't. Anyone can make a DNS server. Your computer has a built in DNS server aswell, which actually overrides the top level ones your DNS has. It'll go to there before trying to access the top level DNS servers. So, I could make wweforums.net be thegreatwhite.crayo by setting it as that in my computers DNS... Which for the sake of my example I actually am right now.

Governments use this to their advantage, they probably have their own set of super secret domains. Anyone can do it, /b/tards just overhype .onion domains as much as they overhype tits (which then gets overhyped by every other drone on the internet because 4chan is so smart right guys?). .onion domains aren't a super secret society, infact it's very wide open to the public. Anyone can access it, even the FBI. If you want to do deeds like hire assassins and stuff I wouldn't go there, for all you know you could be talking to a member of the FBI. No safer than the internet itself, infact probably a lot less safe.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
leojay said:

You do know that tor and onion domains aren't just used for illegal activities, right? Governments and other sorts of huge organizations use similar types (if not the same methods) to make their information confidential. Anyone can use these methods to keep information very secretive, I'm fairly sure most organizations in the world probably use it in one way or another.

All an onion domain is is a domain that isn't on top level DNS (Domain Name Service) Servers. These servers are what you contact when you type in www.wweforums.net into your web browser, your web browser contacts your ISP's DNS Server and translates that address into its IP address, which is what you're really connecting to.

The onion domain scheme isn't on top level domain servers, which is why you can't connect to it usually without tor. They are however on the tor servers. When you use tor it gives you a proxy that does have the .onion domain on their DNS server, so you can connect to them.

You might think this is super confidential and all, but it really isn't. Anyone can make a DNS server. Your computer has a built in DNS server aswell, which actually overrides the top level ones your DNS has. It'll go to there before trying to access the top level DNS servers. So, I could make wweforums.net be thegreatwhite.crayo by setting it as that in my computers DNS... Which for the sake of my example I actually am right now.

Governments use this to their advantage, they probably have their own set of super secret domains. Anyone can do it, /b/tards just overhype .onion domains as much as they overhype tits (which then gets overhyped by every other drone on the internet because 4chan is so smart right guys?). .onion domains aren't a super secret society, infact it's very wide open to the public. Anyone can access it, even the FBI. If you want to do deeds like hire assassins and stuff I wouldn't go there, for all you know you could be talking to a member of the FBI. No safer than the internet itself, infact probably a lot less safe.

No one said .onion domains were super top secret. :dawg:
We were saying that's it's dangerous to visit because of how illicit the activities are.

Good post, though, liked. Informative for those not in the know :))

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
leojay said:

I don't go on 4chan. I have standards.

And yes, I know that the deep web is used for much more than just crazy illegal shit

Got Tor up, about to start at the hiddenwiki

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
No one said .onion domains were super top secret. :dawg:
We were saying that's it's dangerous to visit because of how illicit the activities are.

Good post, though, liked. Informative for those not in the know :))

Eh, wouldn't even say that. At the end of the day the DNS server still is on the internet and is highly exposed, I'm fairly sure a local police force (local to the DNS Server) if needed to could find it and take it offline at any point in time. Then they could find a list of IP Addresses leased, and find what sites they've visited.

Judging by that standpoint, imo only an idiot would admit to anything on there.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Well now I feel like a twat.

It's not that it's bad, it's just a bigger circle jerk than WrestleZone Forums, and that's saying something.

I go on /vp/, /mu/ and am a janitor on /g/

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:

Why?

also.. dear god this shit is slow. I know people said it takes a while to load shit but goooooood god

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Hollywood Dolph'sZiggler said:
Why?

also.. dear god this shit is slow. I know people said it takes a while to load shit but goooooood god

That's because you're accessing a DNS Server from sweden (probably) and getting information on a site that barely exists on the internet :dawg:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
leojay said:
That's because you're accessing a DNS Server from sweden (probably) and getting information on a site that barely exists on the internet :dawg:

Still doe. Hurry up already :dawg:

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
I don't go on 4chan. I have standards.

And yes, I know that the deep web is used for much more than just crazy illegal shit

Got Tor up, about to start at the hiddenwiki

I go on /b/ sometimes. I know what you mean. :dawg:

Good luck. Don't drop the soap.

Crayo said:

I know :(( :okay:

leojay said:
Eh, wouldn't even say that. At the end of the day the DNS server still is on the internet and is highly exposed, I'm fairly sure a local police force (local to the DNS Server) if needed to could find it and take it offline at any point in time. Then they could find a list of IP Addresses leased, and find what sites they've visited.

Judging by that standpoint, imo only an idiot would admit to anything on there.

The DNS servers for .onion sites aren't 'highly exposed' at all. I'd be impressed if you could find the DNS for any .onion site freely on the open web.

I don't get what you mean by local to the DNS server. The only things 'local' to the DNS servers of .onion sites are the servers that host them. If it was that easy, they would all be down.

Lots of people admit to doing things on there. TOR is hard to detect if you know what you're doing.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
I go on /b/ sometimes. I know what you mean. :dawg:

Good luck. Don't drop the soap.

I know :(( :okay:

The DNS servers for .onion sites aren't 'highly exposed' at all. I'd be impressed if you could find the DNS for any .onion site freely on the open web.

I don't get what you mean by local to the DNS server. The only things 'local' to the DNS servers of .onion sites are the servers that host them. If it was that easy, they would all be down.

Lots of people admit to doing things on there. TOR is hard to detect if you know what you're doing.

By local I mean police that are local to the DNS. For example, if the DNS Server for all .onion domains is in sweden the american fuds wouldn't be able to take it down, only the sweden police would. Reason why TPB isn't down. The Americans know where it is, but can't do anything about it because of its location.

I wouldn't be able to find it, afterall I'm just a kid with a Networking/Security masters degree with no actual work experience :) I do believe however police if needed to could find it quite easily, after all they hire networking and security experts.

Oh and, don't go on /b/. It's god awful. Some of the other boards however are pretty sweet, even with the opinionated nonsense that goes on there. I go on the "HOENN CONFIRMED" board (/vp/), the "DADROCK IS FOR A BUNCH OF smurfs" board (/mu/), and the "install gentoo" board (/g/, I'm a janitor on it).

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
This shit is just starting to piss me off. Nothing is loading from the hiddenwiki or .onion sites I've found on other sites that I copy/paste

anyone else have this problem? I'm about to write this off as a waste of my time and watch last night's Dexter

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
This shit is just starting to piss me off. Nothing is loading from the hiddenwiki or .onion sites I've found on other sites that I copy/paste

anyone else have this problem? I'm about to write this off as a waste of my time and watch last night's Dexter

It worked for me, the sites were slow loading up, but I loaded them. & Last nights Dexter was pretty good. :obama: