The Dark Knight Rises

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
^ Thing about the Avengers EOR is that it was such a risky idea packing all those superheros into one movie that is why you needed a sharp director to put it all together and that for me is why the film worked because Joss Wheldon brought a knowing sense of humour to it and the special effects were impressive but unlike a lot of big blockbusters they didn't overshadow the characters or story. In the hands of less senstive filmmaker it could have been a shambles.

I tend to agree with you that the Dark Knight rises is going to be fantastic and likely the best blockbuster of the year and possibley one of the best films of the year too.

No doubt it was a fine line and I don't think he was the worst movie, some of the other Marvel stuff is shocking, and I mean shocking. Amazing Spiderman had all this high end budget graphics and it fell flat easily.

The point I was actually trying to make was more to do with the quality of the actual comic book companies themselves, the characters from DC have way more depth and a better level of intrigue about them, than Marvel. The villains in Marvel are really boring outside of the X-Men.

Who the fuck gives the shit about like the Green Goblin, Doctor Ocptus, Whoever that guy in Hulk is, I can't even name Captain Americas one, is it Hilter? I dunno! There's no stand out villains or villains with anything good about them in Marvel.

That's was more the point I was trying to make that Marvel movies suck because the characters themselves suck and Batman has been so brilliant because of the characters being used and the fact Nolan knew how to use Bane right to begin with, is proof the movie is gonna be incredible.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well I don't really read comic books so it is hard for me to agree or disagree. I suspect you are right, but then when it comes to the movies there have been poor Batman films also, so it just shows that it comes down how good director, writers and the casting are.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Abomination was the villain in the Ed Norton Hulk, and Red Skull is Cap's arch nemesis.

Dr. Doom is one of Marvels best villains, and it was horrible that he was not potrayed properly in the films, and as many fans will agree Cletus Kassiday/Carnage is one of the best villains of all time, and makes Heath Ledgers Joker look more like Beatle Bailey. Onslaught(although he could be classed as an X-Men villain, being Xavier & Magneto, still fights the Avengers & Fan 4 to this day) is my personal favorite, and then there is the entire race of Skrulls, who have made for some very interesting "detective" style stories. I find most of Batman's villains rather bland, as most are simply escaped mental patients, mob bosses, or hitmen/assassins. Scarecrow, Bane, Killer Croc, & Red Hood are the only real villains I like, and I buy 5 Batman comics every month(only matched by how many X-Men titles I buy a month)

I am excited to see this, but I was also excited to see Batman & Robin when it first came out, as long as this is better than that I will be happy.

Kahuna

Reaction score
Abomination was the villain in the Ed Norton Hulk, and Red Skull is Cap's arch nemesis.

Dr. Doom is one of Marvels best villains, and it was horrible that he was not potrayed properly in the films, and as many fans will agree Cletus Kassiday/Carnage is one of the best villains of all time, and makes Heath Ledgers Joker look more like Beatle Bailey. Onslaught(although he could be classed as an X-Men villain, being Xavier & Magneto, still fights the Avengers & Fan 4 to this day) is my personal favorite, and then there is the entire race of Skrulls, who have made for some very interesting "detective" style stories. I find most of Batman's villains rather bland, as most are simply escaped mental patients, mob bosses, or hitmen/assassins. Scarecrow, Bane, Killer Croc, & Red Hood are the only real villains I like, and I buy 5 Batman comics every month(only matched by how many X-Men titles I buy a month)

I am excited to see this, but I was also excited to see Batman & Robin when it first came out, as long as this is better than that I will be happy.

Anything would be better than Batman and Robin. That movie was a gay joke from the opening scene. I like how the Batman Begins - The Dark Knight movies were more in context to being more realistic and complex as opposed to the way Batman and Robin was laid out. That was a horrible movie.

It should be a good movie. I think the past couple Dark Knight movies have been great, and capping it off with a third that is equally as good or even better and calling it is great. Learn from the mistakes made by the last franchise movies, and yeah it looks fairly decent.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Anything would be better than Batman and Robin. That movie was a gay joke from the opening scene. I like how the Batman Begins - The Dark Knight movies were more in context to being more realistic and complex as opposed to the way Batman and Robin was laid out. That was a horrible movie.

It should be a good movie. I think the past couple Dark Knight movies have been great, and capping it off with a third that is equally as good or even better and calling it is great. Learn from the mistakes made by the last franchise movies, and yeah it looks fairly decent.

Catwoman, Green Lantern, & Superman 3 & 4 were all worse, Superman Returns, Blade 3, & X-Men First Class would all be on par with it, so I am not too sure. I trust Nolan will make an interesting film, and I will see it in theatres, but I have learned not to get too excited over a movie.

SBS

Reaction score
So supposedly the movie is out in NZ and Aus today? Any truth to that? Has anyone seen it? If so can someone pm me how it ends. It's killing me.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
It comes out tomorrow here in Canada I think. Advanced screenings are tonight. I'm so pumped for this movie. But like I mentioned, it will be packed. Ted is still packing seats! I had to sit in the front row last night to see that.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
So supposedly the movie is out in NZ and Aus today? Any truth to that? Has anyone seen it? If so can someone pm me how it ends. It's killing me.

Don't know about NZ but yeah it came out here in Australia today on the 19th. It's 4:30pm here as I'm writing this atm so there's already been a fair few screenings around the country at every cinema. Quite a few friends of mine went out and saw the movie at 12:01am (a midnight screening) and some of them did a Batman movie marathon as some cinemas were showing Batman Begins, then The Dark Knight then The Dark Knight Rises at midnight.

I'm not seeing it til tomorrow night though. So can't tell you anything.

AF.

Reaction score
Oh man. This is probably my favourite film of all time as of right now.

WARNING: MILD SPOILERS AHEAD

Everything about this is great. The slow pace at the start sets the tone for the rest of the film and builds up the return of Batman greatly. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman was an instant mark out moment for me as I never even knew she was in the film. One of the most underrated actresses and it's good to see her get a huge role in a huge film. Aside from her fucking amazing hotness, she does the part of Catwoman well. She doesn't try to be overly badass, nor is she as mystique and mysterious as previous Catwomen have been. It would have been nice to learn how she came to be Catwoman, but that's probably a whole other origin story in it's own right. I won't go into too much detail about this movie as most people haven't seen it + I just watched it and am still amped from it. Bane was fantastic. Tom Hardy has really grown on me in his role in this movie and also his performance in Warriors. This guy is destined for great things. In typical Nolan fashion this movie has twists and turns throughout which I didn't even imagine would be the case of the narrative.

Won't go into too much detail, and there isn't many spoilers in this review at all really. I'll wait until others have seen this to discuss further. I'll leave a score and hopefully it compels you all to get out there and watch.

10/10

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I saw this movie as well and I thought it was great. Some of it was I wouldn't say predictable but it was what everyone was thinking. I'll let the movie sort of sink in but right now it stands at a good 8.5/10. Might give a fuller review later on.

Vivido

Reaction score
Seen it. Liked it. Will go again.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
AURORA - There is one suspect in custody after 14 people were shot and killed at the Century 16 Movie Theaters at the Aurora Town Center.

There were at least 50 people injured to Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates.

Oates says 10 died at the theater and four died at the area hospital.

Nicole Williams, with Swedish Medical Center, says the hospital was allerted to a mass casualty incident at 1:15 a.m. Friday.

Williams says the hospital was told to prepare for at least 20 patients.

According to witnesses, the shooter kicked in the emergency exit door in theater 9, was wearing a gas mask and threw some sort of disorienting smoke bombs and started shooting.

The Aurora Town Center is in the 14000 block of East Alameda Avenue in Aurora.

9NEWS has crews on scene. This article will be updated as more information is confirmed.

A LOT MORE DETAIL HERE: http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...night-rises-screening-in-aurora-colorado?lite

That's fucked.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Going to see it tomorrow.

Didn't know Tom Hardy was Bane till yesterday.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The events in Aurora is fucked. What is worse is my local news station is trying to draw comparrisons to Columbine.

Also Rush Limbaugh thinks Bane is a political attack on Romney.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
That's fucked.

What the fuck?!

Also, I'm not going to see the movie right away, so I'll probably stop looking at this thread while the people who have seen it discuss it(probably not 8D). Only reason being is I hate extremely packed theatres. It drives me insane! Especially when you think you get there early, yet there is still a shit ton of people in there, and they grabbed all the good seats.